cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cause-and-effect" gameplay

Spider-Man

Anyone here ever see "Frequency"? I could see a boss battle being similar to the last part of the movie where (spoiler if you haven't seen it) that bad cop gets his hand blown off in the past and it just instantly shrivels and disappears on his future self. The concept is pretty cool and I hope it works out well in the game.

Jadryx1

Never seen the movie, need to check it out. That's cool and also could see them doing that.

thespectre

Damn....SM:EOT has TONS more information than XMD ever had and it's only been about 5 days since it's announcement.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/spider-man-edge-of-time/news.html?sid=6306934&mode=previews&amptag=topslotimg1 has a LOT of information.

Some things:

-The game is level based. GameSpot saw level 3 and 4.

-The time-based thing seems to be dealt with level by level.

-Everything takes place at Alchemax in both Amazing and 2099.

-2099 tries to stop the scientist (who is a male, not female...no Tara Strong as Doc 2099.. Smiley Sad) from killing Amazing but is caught in a time bubble that protects him from being erased from time.

...there's more. I'm still reading. Smiley Tongue

Ryuuie

Wow a time bubble? That's a bit bleh.

Gasp, you're right. The SM:EOT info is overloading my brain while XMD doesn't really have that much. But I can't think we need oh so much more about XMD, just gameplay video. All the storyline can wait a bit. It's choose your own actions so the storyline shouldn't be that much of a mystery. Though for SM:EoT, if we were just given the title we wouldn't even be able to guess close enough to the truth.

thespectre

I'd love a gameplay video and a little of the story...just a little. Smiley Sad

Haha...only 2099 can freefall but they're both essentially in the same building. I want to see Amazing freefall...I bet he'd suck at it. Smiley Tongue

Ryuuie

I don't like the idea of everything being in the building. So essentially we have only one setting(and settings within it)?

thespectre

I dunno..when they said that, I thought back to B:AA and how it's all based at Arkham Asylum. I'm sure there's more they can do because maybe Alchemax 2011 and Alchemax 3011 have wildly different structures and whatnot.

...I'm just going to assume that Amazing takes place in 2011...even though Amazing in SMSmiley FrustratedD was based on the old 60/70s. It sounds cooler that way. Smiley Indifferent

Ryuuie

Hah, it does. I was hoping we would get some outdoor locations but we aren't really exploring this game, just trying to prevent Spidey's death. Hopefully the link some outdoor locations well. (IE 2099 tracks down Pete to his home and is attacked outside it by enemies. Stuff like that, not just the sub levels and the building its self.

thespectre

Anyone here ever see "Frequency"? I could see a boss battle being similar to the last part of the movie where (spoiler if you haven't seen it) that bad cop gets his hand blown off in the past and it just instantly shrivels and disappears on his future self. The concept is pretty cool and I hope it works out well in the game.

THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES man

christiankid7

Haha...only 2099 can freefall but they're both essentially in the same building. I want to see Amazing freefall...I bet he'd suck at it. Smiley Tongue

IMO it would be cool if Amazing Spidey had to climb the room that 2099 is freefalling in the future. One Spidey goes down and other goes up. Other would be a free-falling sequence, other would be a platformer.

Finlandman
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer