Activision Enough is enough!

World War II General Discussion

Activision Enough is enough!

Why Activision are you guys the only game out there that still has game exclusivity for a title that is released on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. All other games that have followed that business model have ended. We should not have to wait 30 days for content that is already ready to go.  I also am so frustrated that I have to pay 120 bucks every year to pay for old maps that have new textures put over them and the 120 so that I can play a complete game. We all know that  DLC 1 usually comes prepacked on the game disc. Please understand you need to update you're business model you are losing fans and frustrating your consumers. You have lost touch with us. We hope you are listening 

Dongerva
11 REPLIES

Re: Activision Enough is enough!

in reply to Dongerva

@Dongerva wrote:

Why Activision are you guys the only game out there that still has game exclusivity for a title that is released on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. All other games that have followed that business model have ended. We should not have to wait 30 days for content that is already ready to go.  I also am so frustrated that I have to pay 120 bucks every year to pay for old maps that have new textures put over them and the 120 so that I can play a complete game. We all know that  DLC 1 usually comes prepacked on the game disc. Please understand you need to update you're business model you are losing fans and frustrating your consumers. You have lost touch with us. We hope you are listening 

I have an Xbox one and a playstation, i'm gonna be honest. When I was stuck with lame Xbox I was like you who was frustrated about that. But then I came to realize that i'm fine waiting for an extra 30 days. The reason is because PlayStation gets to deal with the bugs first and it gives the development team some time to optimize there games. So I liked that. 

Nathan425

in reply to Dongerva

@Dongerva wrote:

We should not have to wait 30 days for content that is already ready to go. 

The thing is, the content is not usually ready to go. Its a natural assumption that all platforms are ported simultaneously and then tested simultaneously but that’s not the case. Whichever console has exclusivity is simply the one they work on first. Once they are done with that platform, they port it and then test it on the next platform. It’s like a month long development cycle on PS4 and then a month long cycle on Xbox.

And I agree that the prices can be steep. From their perspective, they are funding a whole new “project” when they work on DLC. They are paying employees for heavy work hours long after the title has released. Since they are in the business of making money, they have to be able to pay for all the man hours and still make a tidy profit on the side, otherwise....what’s the point?

And yes I realize they are making tons and tons of money. Sometimes with sub-par titles. But as a gamer, it’s in our best interests for them to be successful. Otherwise we aren’t going to see as many AAA titles with so much time and resources devoted to them.

Similar to the movie industry. Star Wars / Disney is basically printing money. If you like Star Wars at all, it’s in your best interest for them to succeed and make more Star Wars movies.

Bloodloss 818

in reply to Bloodloss 818

Yeah its not really that bad having to wait 30 days, by then the PS4 people figure out tactics you need to watch out for on the new maps or they figure out the easter egg/how to get the PaP machine going in zombies for people who like that 

Darkcrescent1212

Gotta disagree, I do not have to make sure Activision succeeds.  That's they attitude they relish...they abuse the fan base...squeezed all they can get out of the game and player.  And they know ppl will keep coming back.  As a consumer you're  not beholden to the company.  They should be trying to woo the player, not beat him into submission.  Competition promotes growth...first there was half life, counter strike, COD...im looking forward to the next game maker that will take up the gaunlet

Orchamos Andron

in reply to Orchamos Andron

@Orchamos Andron wrote:

Gotta disagree, I do not have to make sure Activision succeeds.  That's they attitude they relish...they abuse the fan base...squeezed all they can get out of the game and player.  And they know ppl will keep coming back.  As a consumer you're  not beholden to the company.  They should be trying to woo the player, not beat him into submission.  Competition promotes growth...first there was half life, counter strike, COD...im looking forward to the next game maker that will take up the gaunlet

Yea that’s fair, I guess as long as someone fills the COD void, all will be well. I used to be really into MMOs back in their golden age. But there are no new triple-A MMOs being released because they weren’t profitable enough, and us MMO fans are now facing a lack of choices. Would be a shame for that to happen to FPS games.

Bloodloss 818

@Bloodloss 818  a écrit :
And I agree that the prices can be steep. From their perspective, they are funding a whole new “project” when they work on DLC. They are paying employees for heavy work hours long after the title has released. Since they are in the business of making money, they have to be able to pay for all the man hours and still make a tidy profit on the side, otherwise....what’s the point?

let's take a look at the most popular games: fortnite, lol, cs, pubg, hs, dota2, gta5, i don't know about pubg but ALL the rest have free dlc, does that mean their employees don't get paid?

cod ww2 is 84th now on twitch (below d2 and w3 LOL), it's a dead game because they make bad choices, seriously, who's stupid enough to pay for dlc when you already pay for the game+a monthly fee to play it? which means for most of the players, we're stuck with the same maps since day 1 and almost the same weapons (21k credits to unlock each new weapon makes it impossible)

shakoutwo

in reply to Dongerva

@Dongerva wrote:

Why Activision are you guys the only game out there that still has game exclusivity for a title that is released on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.  We should not have to wait 30 days for content that is already ready to go. 

Said NO Xbox user a couple years ago...

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Im_Old_School Level 75

in reply to Im_Old_School

Don't expect any one to come in and fix the problems you see, they care about making a buck first and foremost, sony is a bunch of sharks so ofcourse they are gonna pay a bunch of money to get the exlusive on it so they can market their console for it..they get a rushed product by the time xbox gets it...some things are fixed likely or polished up to not be a problem, i feel bad for PC in general, CoD is the worst game to play on PC, since CoD 2 or 3 they've kept consoles the priority, pc has to deal with cheaters on a crazy high level nd bugs up the ass, so having to wait 30 days isn't so bad if you think of the whole picture

Darkcrescent1212

in reply to Dongerva

I agree & don't agree with what has been said here, in the end I still support the idea of all games or DLC's be released for all no mater the platform you have at the same time.

You bought the game, you paid for the DLC's map packs.

This money is going to the game developers not the gaming platforms (XB or PS)  there should be no difference when people get to play the DLC map packs or game.

It comes down to who's going to spend more money (PS or XB) to prevent the other platform from playing the game/maps right away & in the hopes of turning those people into buying thier own gaming platform. Which right now PS is throwing the money out there since 3 yrs ago to turn people away from XB & they refuse to do cross platform play, while XB & Nintendo are open to this & are starting to use it.

Seems like PS is on the outs for gaming if they continue their path of dont want to play well with others.

xXFATALIIXx

Studios