Anyone else skeptical about CoD:WWII multiplayer?

World War II General Discussion

All understandable.

At this point I just think I am ready for E3 and more information before I form an opinion on this game.

I do think that they are eventually going to have to rebuild a COD game from the ground up to earn the trust of loyal players back.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:
All understandable.

At this point I just think I am ready for E3 and more information before I form an opinion on this game.

I do think that they are eventually going to have to rebuild a COD game from the ground up to earn the trust of loyal players back.

If I could get the same consistent game play in COD that I get in Overwatch, things would be swell. I would be a total COD Fanboy, maybe. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

I am in no way skeptical about MP modes - I am way too excited at this stage for any negativity.

For me, I would like to see some older MP Maps re-imagined... like Ederdam from CoD3 for instance. I hope WWII setting is now a way to bring back some favourite maps from the past 

UKJAY

@JuggaloHomie4321 wrote:

I know its going back to boots on the ground and no more boost jumping which i am thankful that it is cause I was sick of futuristic settings. But my concern is i feel like the social hub for WWII is gonna be like MMO style and thats what bothers me and also they say there will be no health regen in multiplayer and you'll have to count on your teammates to give you health and thats another problem. Now me im a solo player and if i ask for health the teammate will ignore me and not give me health at all its like BF 1 most of the time people will ignore me and just stand around. Thats the only problems i have for CoD WWII

The no health regen is relative to the campaign. A lot of folks are used to that in MP.... it's called hardcore.

Before stressing out... let's hear what is actually in MP from the June E3 reveal.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Quiet sure no MP information has been released to feel skeptical yet. 

But if you are a skeptic: Why ever bother purchasing the game?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Skeptical is basically having doubt, not being 100% convinced. Reasonable to question something especially if you have been let down before. You can be skeptical about something and still have interest in it. We are all making presumptions now since no real facts have been confirmed or dropped, just teasers, likely to try to build anticipation and hype over it, very common sales tactic and worth being very skeptical about. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Skeptical is basically having doubt, not being 100% convinced. Reasonable to question something especially if you have been let down before. You can be skeptical about something and still have interest in it. We are all making presumptions now since no real facts have been confirmed or dropped, just teasers, likely to try to build anticipation and hype over it, very common sales tactic and worth being very skeptical about. 

Skepticism is okay... but being negative about speculation is something else. 

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Not if there is a history and trend of it happening in past titles. You are taking some fact, some personal experience and making predictions about what to expect. I am in that camp right now and I hope they prove me wronge but I am fairly confident they won't. I was very positive on IW, looking forward to it and aside from annoying flaws and incomplete game I was pretty positive and like the game and than it just went in the crapper as the game continued.

Besides, the comment was about being skeptical, not hating on the game.

MurkBeserk Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Not if there is a history and trend of it happening in past titles. You are taking some fact, some personal experience and making predictions about what to expect. I am in that camp right now and I hope they prove me wronge but I am fairly confident they won't. I was very positive on IW, looking forward to it and aside from annoying flaws and incomplete game I was pretty positive and like the game and than it just went in the crapper as the game continued.

Here's what we know:

1. There are men and women in MP.
  2. There's a Beach Tower (as Macc calls it)

That's it.

So... unless one's skepticism is related to those two things or MP gameplay in general... it's cynicism. You can't be skeptical about something that hasn't even shared. That's all.

Anyhoo... I'm off to Speculationland.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Here's what we know:

1. There are men and women in MP.
  2. There's a Beach Tower (as Macc calls it)

That's it.

So... unless one's skepticism is related to those two things or MP gameplay in general... it's cynicism. You can't be skeptical about something that hasn't even shared. That's all.

Anyhoo... I'm off to Speculationland.

Not true, we know a lot more than that, listed them already but not sure if it was in this thread. On my phone so not going to check right now. Lots of stuff to be concerned about from my perspective. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

Studios