Anyone else skeptical about CoD:WWII multiplayer?

World War II General Discussion

@MurkBeserk wrote:

Not true, we know a lot more than that, listed them already but not sure if it was in this thread. On my phone so not going to check right now. Lots of stuff to be concerned about from my perspective. 

How do you get lots of stuff?

confirmed mp details.

Beach tower - doesn't really affect mp experience apart from it will most likely be annoying once the novelty wears off and will not doubt lag like crazy and cause issues for players.

Female resistance playable character - meh zfg

Classes have been renamed "divisions" - which you can rank up and are tied to different roles 

Oh and the NEW game mode war - where each team has different objectives.

thats literally it how do you get lots to be concerned about from that?

Maccabi Level 75

Well,there easily are concerns about classes.How they will work?Maybe they lock weapons like bf does?Would this mean that you have to be medic to survive if you play alone?The tanker and pilot classes announced...will they have different streak from infantry or they'll be allowed to farm kills till the start?There's a lot of stuff to check before to get hipe.

_DOMIAS_

@_DOMIAS_ wrote:

Well,there easily are concerns about classes.How they will work?Maybe they lock weapons like bf does?Would this mean that you have to be medic to survive if you play alone?The tanker and pilot classes announced...will they have different streak from infantry or they'll be allowed to farm kills till the start?There's a lot of stuff to check before to get hipe.

I wouldn't really call these concerns more unanaswered questions, 

personaly i think it's almost certain the divisions will have different weapons/scorestreaks would make sense and adda new element of choosing what sort of play style someone prefers

Maccabi Level 75

Different scorestreaks are a pretty sure thing,but to have different weapons the classes should be infantry(assault,rifleman,sniper,support with maybe different perks).Dunno what weapon a tanker or pilot should use by default.

_DOMIAS_

@_DOMIAS_ wrote:

Different scorestreaks are a pretty sure thing,but to have different weapons the classes should be infantry(assault,rifleman,sniper,support with maybe different perks).Dunno what weapon a tanker or pilot should use by default.

my guess would be weapon wise they would be the same for all divisions with maybe a restriction on some types like lmgs, i think the main differences will be in score streaks rather similar to the sytem they introduced in Ghosts .

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabi wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

Not true, we know a lot more than that, listed them already but not sure if it was in this thread. On my phone so not going to check right now. Lots of stuff to be concerned about from my perspective. 

confirmed mp details.

Beach tower - doesn't really affect mp experience apart from it will most likely be annoying once the novelty wears off and will not doubt lag like crazy and cause issues for players.

Classes have been renamed "divisions" - which you can rank up and are tied to different roles 

Look at the core issues to start..... Connectivity supply drop, pay walls, BOTG creating a very slow and boring experience, the possibility of health pack adding to that issue, lack of creativity due to the limitations of it being WWII which increases the chance this will be a copy and paste reskin of past COD's, the fact that the only hints and hype they dropped lacked anything new that we haven't seen, a bunch of buzz words that didn't leave us with any indication there would be anything new. Could it perhaps be that they have nothing new which is why they used words like comradery as their way to hype it and only showed the Headquarter which appears to be a copy of other games. I could be wrong on all the speculation from the limited info that we have but the fact we have limited information gives us enough to skeptical about until we know more. Maybe premature but I just don't have trust in the franchise anymore. Maybe they will blow us away on the reveal, not holding my breath though.

MurkBeserk Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

Look at the core issues to start..... Connectivity supply drop, pay walls, BOTG creating a very slow and boring experience, the possibility of health pack adding to that issue, 

Connectivity is something that is always going to be disputed depending on personal expereinces.

supply drops isn't an issue they will be in game people just have to accept that, pay walls depends how and what is behind one

botg creating a very slow and boring expereince..oh heck no you can't even begin to make that argument , so the games people cite was the pinnacle of cod, mw and waw were all boring and slow?

health packs were for single player

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@Maccabi wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

confirmed mp details.

lack of creativity due to the limitations of it being WWII which increases the chance this will be a copy and paste reskin of past COD's, the fact that the only hints and hype they dropped lacked anything new that we haven't seen, a bunch of buzz words that didn't leave us with any indication there would be anything new. Could it perhaps be that they have nothing new which is why they used words like comradery as their way to hype it and only showed the Headquarter which appears to be a copy of other games. 

in fairness its world war 2 you cant really be that original as the stories are historical fact. Its next to impossible to screw up a ww2 game theres so much source material to use, 

Maccabi Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@EgOtRiP#7701616 wrote:

Quiet sure no MP information has been released to feel skeptical yet. 

But if you are a skeptic: Why ever bother purchasing the game?

Skeptical is basically having doubt, not being 100% convinced. Reasonable to question something especially if you have been let down before. You can be skeptical about something and still have interest in it. We are all making presumptions now since no real facts have been confirmed or dropped, just teasers, likely to try to build anticipation and hype over it, very common sales tactic and worth being very skeptical about. 

Understandble if the title was Infinite warfare II or AW II or something like that to doubt the game. 

That NOT being the case with WW2 COD, being skeptical about what or what does not appear in MP is too soon. This is after all COD: You log in, you chose a class, you get placed in a lobby and you shot people. This will not change much, what changes is how well the developers engage us into it continously. 

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

Even if they do bring the no health regen into MP it wont even matter generally your not alive as long as you would be in BF1 for example so who cares. Side note i play HC Search & Destroy so the no health regen wouldnt even matter.

UCD_281772992531ANcVGbvVvCBHbIQpa

Of course it would not matter in Hc SaD,but in core would be a disaster.People would camp health packs to no end,and fewer will rush because gun fights would be decided no more by who shoots better,but from how many health you have left.How you lonewolf and get killstreaks that way?

_DOMIAS_

Studios