Anyone else skeptical about CoD:WWII multiplayer?

World War II General Discussion

@_DOMIAS_ wrote:

.How you lonewolf and get killstreaks that way?

You don't.  You play a team game as a team, like it's supposed to be.

gotsomestars Level 75

Cod is not a team game.And in team games like bf1 you can see how teamwork is dead.How many times I was the only one reviving or bringing ammo...till I got tired and tought only to myself.The only use that can be made of randoms is as meatshield.Besides that,rank,w/l and k/d are personal stats,so lonewolfing is the easyest way to improve those.You know what they say,trust someone is good,don't trust anyone is better.

_DOMIAS_

@_DOMIAS_ wrote:

How you lonewolf and get killstreaks that way?

You don't play as a lone wolf, maybe that is thier goal but is very flawed and you already mentioned what would happen, people will camp their cuters off and claim it is strategic. They won't be lying but that is what you will have to expect in the game if they made this a thing. 

The good news is HC will probably become more popular if they did this since basically this now evens things out for the solo player. Healing is no longer a factor and that aspect of the game becomes mute. However, HC tends to be a camp fest anyway so yes, the game becomes much much slower.

Guess we will see if they bring it to MP, truly hoping it does not happen but wouldn't shock me either. What is funny about that is it would go completely against all the buzz words they were using..... "Grounded Fast Action Game Play"..... "Run & Gun Head to Head Action" .... with this implemented, my guess it will be head glitch to head glitch action, than duck and run back to your spawn. It's going to be a game of peak a boo. 

It might make lethals more viable though, guess that could be interesting to some.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Indeed would be a contraddiction.But why waste time playng cod hc when you can play r6 siege at that point?

_DOMIAS_

With no cod set during the second world war for some time know and almost no information about the game so far. There is nothing to be sceptical about. 

If they would announce that there will be 15 different killstreak rewards for example than you've really something to be sceptical about.

I will probably get sceptical about something in the near future.  But for now. Not yet

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

A few things why I think COD WWII will also be a failure (after a few weeks)

I think one of the main reasons are ATIV’s cash-cow policy in the last 3 CODs (plus MWR). Advanced Warfare was the first COD with supply drops. And to be honest: There were a lot of very powerful guns. Some of them were kind of overpowered. In BO3 I think this supply drops were “ok”, because none of the weapons were to powerful ore more powerful as the mainly used regular guns. That didn’t changed my opinion to supply drops, but I could deal with it. Infinite Warfare is now a bit of both last CODs. You can craft nearly every weapon – that seems to be ok. The new weapons, the VPR for example, where only available in the common version. We all know, that the legendary or epic weapons usually are a lot more powerful than the common versions. The next thoughts may be not the truth, but I have a suspicion: A few weeks ago, I used a lot of my saved up keys to buy supply drops. I dropped three times the VPR Epic Version (2 Epic, 1 Epic MKII). Don’t mind me, but I think they increased the drop rate of this weapon. We all know what happened next: The VPR became overpowered. I think it wasn’t hard to recognize that these changes are way to much to “buff” this weapon. These leads me to thesis, that ATIV or someone gave the order to increase the drop rate and to buff this weapon into heaven – just to increase the sales with the COD Points (people buy to recive the VPR Legendary/Epic). I know, this might be a daring thesis – but for me all these actions are proof enough.

Weapons are the next issue I have problems with. Especially in AW and IW there are way to much weapon variants. There is no necessary to have so much “options” when choosing a weapon. When u summarize all mainly used weapons (include Variants) and count them you won’t reach more than ten. This leads to another problem: All the less used weapons are dead. In the last few patches they only managed the mainly used ones (like the NV4) – all other gun classes including their variants didn’t received a single attention. (for example the "ripper": it was very good in the beta, so they nerfed it to the release - and 6 Months later nothing happened - the ripper is "dead") Seeing that ATIV includes new weapons nearly every month let me bury my hopes. That’s the cash policy and we can see that maximize money is the only thing that matters in COD now.

The last CODs where so unfinished, that this circumstances show what the prefences of ATIV are: Release a semi-finished game where all possibilities to earn extra cash (with supply drops)  are working perfectly (Calling Cards, ...). There were so many unfinished/missed things like the lists, emblem editor … I mean, come'on – these are not brand new features, are they? Why did they took so long to implement these in my opinion standard features? And this leads me to the thesis, that all cash relevant content has the highest priority.

And then there are a lot more issues I don’t want to go deep in. These are missing servers, no (working) anti cheat on PC (this was in COD Ghosts the reason to move to PS4), the old engine, nearly no community options …

Ok, ok - Modern Warfare 2 was my favorite COD and also had P2P and a bad working anti cheat, so these last points are also important but not a must for a good game.

But the cash policy from ATIV, and this is for me for sure, will sooner or later kill this franchise.

PS: Sorry for the mistakes, I’m german…

virusopfer

After ghosts I stopped playing cod. More because I don't really like futuristic games.

The supply drop guns are futuristic weapons.

Well in ww2 they can't do that. They only can use real used weapons.

And because the new game is set durinduring ww2 and the latest in the r future you can't compare much. 

The game engine maybe. But do we know what engine they're using.

And because it's a historical war they don't have much freedom to add stuff.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Well, that is a also a good thesis. You're right, there are not so many weapons they can include if they want to stay as close as possible to the histroial WWII time. But lets also have a look to all the weapon options we got till World at War: Stock, Supressor, FMJ, ... there are so many options and I think they will also include them in the new WWII (MP) setting - even if it doesent fit to the setting (for example the surpressor). This leads me to the theory, that they give a... to a authentic setting if they can earn money. In this case I think, WWII weapons will come with special abilitys. Like a smith in this open world lobby who try to improve your weapon for keys (or a lot of COD Points). 

Ok, I cant proof my theory - thats true. But we have this supply drop system till AW and I think they earned a lot money with it. Why the hell should they give up this cash cow? The best way would be, if they only add camouflage, emblems and calling cards to the drops. But I think, this will not happen - even if they tell me all the day long they bring the francise back to the roots. You see what they did to MWR (where they started only with cosmetic Items and added weapons later) - and I'm sure, they will also do the same in WWII. The will implement weapon variants who definitly improve your gameplay - just because of the money. Money is the only thing that matters in ATIV's gaming policy.

virusopfer

@virusopfer wrote:

Money is the only thing that matters in ATIV's gaming policy.

I really don't understand why people say these sorts of things, of course money and profit drives atvi policies its a company not a charity, thats it's aim. It has shareholders to answer to , why would a company not want to maximise it's revenue to do anything else would be silly.

Considering the eye watering amount of investment atvi as a company plows into each game obviously they want to recoup that and and as much profit as they can.

Maccabi Level 75

Definitely skeptical. I seen the trailer idk how many times, it say actual in game footage. Uh huh. Actual in game footage of cut scenes it looks like, how about some footage of actual game play 

d3monkid12

Studios