Best Headsets for hearing footsteps?

World War II General Discussion

Hello,

I am looking for advice and opinions on headsets.

I currently am playing COD WWII on the PS4 Pro.

I have been using the Sony Gold Wireless headset for a few years now, back all the way to COD Ghost. They have been great for me, but I just purchased a set of Astro A50's (Gen 3) and added the Mod kit (leather ear cups). And I can honestly hear footsteps way better with the Sony Gold Wireless headset over the Astro A50's. The Astro A50's definite have a better sound quality but just unable to hear to lighter noises as well.

So I also was looking into the Turtle Beach 800's or even 700's as they offer the Super Human Hearing which I have heard people say the Super Human Hearing puts the headset into a mode specific for hearing footsteps and reloads. 

I am looking to play more competitive, played a few MLG Gamebattles matches. And looking to see if I can by chance find the best headset available for this specific use.

Let me know what you use and what you recommend. I just am not happy right now with my recent purchase of the Astro A50's, especially for how much they were compared to most other gaming headset.

Thank you,

LS6Nissan240sx
14 REPLIES 14

Just my opinion,  but you don't have to use Astros or turtle beaches. You can use any headphones on ps4.  I have better luck with high quality over the ear headphones that aren't "made" for gaming. The only "gaming" headphones that ever even came close to having good sound comparably was Astros with mix amp. But even then a good pair of regular head phones has always been better.

gotsomestars Level 75

The Astro A50 Gen3 isn't going to give you great footstep sounds right out of the box. You'll want to use the Astro Command Center to create your own presets. I also use the modkit and I can share my preset info with you if you're interested. I just need to have some time to plug them in and copy the info.

Mohumpus

hey whats your setup up for hearing foot steps on cod ww2?

Hydra12

I missed your earlier reply. I've posted one of my settings to include the Advanced Settings section as well. My personal preference is to lower the 1425Hz to Zero dB which is another one of my presets. 

Mohumpus

A50footstep2.jpgA50footstepAdvanced.jpg

Mohumpus

Can anybody help for optimum setup of Sony Platinum for CoD WWII?

Irikefee

could you share your configuration, greetings bro

Querero

I'm happy to share my preset. I should be able to get to it later today.

Mohumpus

could you share your configuration, greetings bro

Querero

Studios