Bronze Star Question...

World War II General Discussion

Bronze Star Question...

What exactly gets you the Bronze Star at the end of the match? I've seen people getting trounced and getting it for a double kill that did nothing to help their team win. Most times I've seen someone on the losing team get it cause they chained 4 quick kills. I may be wrong but I thought it was going to be closer to the Overwatch "Play of the Game" formula. Any insight is appreciated. 

Icon006
7 REPLIES

Re: Bronze Star Question...

in reply to Icon006

Icon006 wrote:

What exactly gets you the Bronze Star at the end of the match? I've seen people getting trounced and getting it for a double kill that did nothing to help their team win. Most times I've seen someone on the losing team get it cause they chained 4 quick kills. I may be wrong but I thought it was going to be closer to the Overwatch "Play of the Game" formula. Any insight is appreciated. 

It is a play of the game so if you someone gets a quad feed that is a very good candidate for POTG. Not sure what your questioning though. Even in OW I have seen hero's get POTG for a weak ULT and they didn't do very good overall. I am not sure the algo can differentiate between who contributed the most and who didn't unless your suggesting they base it off of stats and score, than it wouldn't be a POTG, it would be more of an MVP. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

in reply to MurkBeserk

Thanks

BRICKS44

in reply to BRICKS44

its based on score rather than quick kills or last kill and things like that. Like someone can get a double kill with a Silenced Weapon on a Dom point and be the Bronze Star holder. Just because they got allot of points. I mean it sucks.. no more. Scorestreak KILL-CAMS, rarely ever any grenade ones or things of that nature. Another item on Sledgehammer's to-do list.

Caveboykk

in reply to Icon006

Potg is bollocks. A smg camper with silencer has more change with a double kill to get it than somebody with a lmg that walks/runs around.

Score streaks not counting well I'm up.for That. But nades. Getting a double defends kill with nade and a kill with weapon doesn't beat a corner silenced smg camper is just wrong.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Icon006
The most effective way to get a bronze star is to get a kill, then fire and miss 3/4 of a clip at an enemy, and get a lucky headshot. Congrats, you earned a bronze star.
kuljuarenot

in reply to kuljuarenot

kuljuarenot wrote:
The most effective way to get a bronze star is to get a kill, then fire and miss 3/4 of a clip at an enemy, and get a lucky headshot. Congrats, you earned a bronze star.

nearly all mine are me activiating a satchel charge on a dom point thats being taken and getting a mulyikill...it makes for a very boring playback as its just me running twisting the trigger thing

Maccabi Level 75

in reply to Icon006

Eurogamer asked Sledgehammer, and they implied that there is some algorithm behind the choice to pick the actual best play of the game, not a simple score count.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-01-how-call-of-duty-ww2s-new-play-of-the-game-works

I myself sometimes feel I have had a better moment in the game myself, and that the algorithm could be better. But then I would, wouldn't I? Smiley Happy I'm sure we all do.

The example cited in the article, of a multiple save-situation, certainly feels right to me. Utility for the team should qualify.

I'm kind of expecting the algorithm to improve with succesive updates, but then I'm a developer myself and know how there is always some more important bug to fix.

Ironsteam

Studios