Buff all suppressors

World War II General Discussion

Dunno if it actually helps, but any time I suppress an smh, I use rapid fire and FMJ.  If you're suppressed you shouldn't be taking the long or medium shots.  Up close with rapid and FMJ seems to do the trick.  You may just need to put slight down pull on the right stick if you lay on the trigger, or feather the trigger to see if it helps

Orchamos Andron

@Orchamos Andron wrote:

Dunno if it actually helps, but any time I suppress an smh, I use rapid fire and FMJ.  If you're suppressed you shouldn't be taking the long or medium shots.  Up close with rapid and FMJ seems to do the trick.  You may just need to put slight down pull on the right stick if you lay on the trigger, or feather the trigger to see if it helps

Fmj doesn't give extra damage. Only less damage reduction when shooting throw objects 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

That's why I said I didn't know if it helped, but that loadouts works for me with suppressed smgs 

Orchamos Andron

SILENCE!!

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut#4714572

@dtuchpunk  a écrit :

I thought supresors where a 30% damage reduction like always.

what?

shakoutwo

I like CoD when it's more realistic.

After doing some research, bullet velocity isn't always dampened by suppressors and typically it causes <+-15% change. Based upon this, suppressors actually don't reduce bullet damage in real life.

For those unaware, the stat bars in-game for guns are useless. In some cases they are completely unrepresentative and very misleading. I don't understand why its like this and really it'd be sooo easy for SHG to fix this and do right...

Whilst a silencer's equipped the current penalty in-game is a reduction in the weapon's range. I'm not sure how great the difference is but I'd posit a guess that it's -50%.

Whilst I'm pro there being a bit of a trade-off in-game for using silencers, I feel the penalty's currently too great and there's no trade-off for using FMJs (in real life FMJs reduce weapon damage for small rounds (SMGs, ARs and rifles) which there really should be if silencer's come with a penalty.

I think the penalty for using silencers should be a 25% reduction in range, whilst FMJs reduce damage by 20-30% for SMGs and ARs (which would approximately mean 1 more shot to kill for guns which kill in 3+ shots (I havent done the maths so correct me if 20-30% is off)). On LMGs I don't think there should be a penalty (I mean normal MG42 and probably Browning rounds, punch through concrete with ease).

mfshro0m

Suppressors can actually increase velocity in some cases in real life. 

But in reality they dont work well on supersonic bullets, so to be totally quiet you have to use a subsonic load and so there is definitly a trade off.

also for FMJ. In real life other forms of ammunition like expanding bullets (hollow point etc) are simply banned by The Hague convention. This was worked around when the USA introduced the M16, the original bullets were very light and exploded on impact with bones etc. Nowadays most modern armies employ body armor so there is a trend of going back to larger caliber ammunition and FMJ is actually preferred. But the reason armies used FMJ in the first place is that other forms are simply banned. In game they should have called it armour piercing as it would be a better description. And .30 AP rounds were definitly used in that time.

as for the comment earlier, I thought FMJ wasn’t available for SMGs? I guess he means advanced rifeling, that does help countering the suppressor drop off.

BertKK
I want a suppressor on the M2, although I love the sound of that gun without.
Dante2k Level 75

It doesn't cut damage in half it lowers range by 30% for SMGs (because you can take it off in combat) and 15% for pistols (because you can't take it off in combat) which makes absolutely no sense because suppressors raise the length of the barrel which gives the explosion more time to push the bullet, what it should really do is make it take longer to aim down sites with the heavy suppressor on the gun because it generally just makes your gun harder to swing around in exchange for less recoil, more power, and making less noise.

BR0NY2

But, it's the baffles in the suppressor that reduces the volume that reduce gas pressure propelling the round. To really make it quiet, you'd have to employ sub-sonic rounds...which maybe is what they used to determine modifier %.

Orchamos Andron

Studios