Call of Duty: WWII theaters?

World War II General Discussion

Which theater(s) would you like to see in the game? D-Day and the Western Front is pretty much confirmed but I'd also like to see the Mediterrenean/North African Front if the Eastern Front or Pacific Theater won't be included.

OrangeFr3ak
12 REPLIES 12
If I had to guess it would be the European Theater ans possibly some North African/Mediterranean as well.

WaW was Pacific, so would be surprised if they went there with this title.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Beach beach beach Smiley Wink

vermine

Invasion of Normandy, Battle of Dunkirk and Battle of the Bulge. These 3 major battles weren't included in World at War so they're a fresh setting. Definitely need a British mission as there wasn't any in World at War despite the fact Britain fought WWII from start to finish.

Jackky360

Well World at War was set on the Eastern and Pacific Fronts of World War II, while the previous CODs (COD 1, 2, 3) had more of a focus around the Western & Eastern Fronts and North Africa. I'm not sure about Dunkirk, but the other two had multiple scenarios or levels that dealt with those battles directly or semi-related battles. However, I'd love to see all of those as well. 

When I think back to the invasion of Omaha Beach in Call of Duty 1, which was amazing at the time, I can't properly imagine what that would be like with the graphical fidelty that Sledgehammer can offer alongside smooth gameplay. Plus the invasion of Normandy was a large event with a variety of different ways to tackle, whether that means focusing on different beachheads, paratroopers, or that the British forces were invading as well alongside the U.S. troops. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

@Seanicus23 wrote:

When I think back to the invasion of Omaha Beach in Call of Duty 1, which was amazing at the time, I can't properly imagine what that would be like with the graphical fidelty that Sledgehammer can offer alongside smooth gameplay. Plus the invasion of Normandy was a large event with a variety of different ways to tackle, whether that means focusing on different beachheads, paratroopers, or that the British forces were invading as well alongside the U.S. troops. 

Are you sure you're thinking of cod1 here and not the original MOH allied assault ? 

cod2 had a beach landing at point du huc, cod 1 campaign focused on supplementary missions surrounding the dday landings and it's set peice was the battle of stalingrad level , which was if memory serves me correct  was done so it wasn't just a copy of mohaa and told a different side of the dday landings story.

Basically theres never been an actual ohama landing level in cod ...yet

Maccabi Level 75

Yeah you are right, I was thinking of Allied Assault. It has been too long haha. I need to go back to all of those before this COD releases. At the time it essentially felt like I was always either playing a WWII Call of Duty game or WWII Medal of Honor. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

@Seanicus23 wrote:

Yeah you are right, I was thinking of Allied Assault. It has been too long haha. I need to go back to all of those before this COD releases. At the time it essentially felt like I was always either playing a WWII Call of Duty game or WWII Medal of Honor. 

I usually am right it's one of my more annoying habits Smiley Wink I played the original CoDs non stop , and have gone back and replayed them a few times ovdr the years they're games i know really well .

Yep same as me I went Moh -CoD . As much as I have whined for years about games returning to WW2 I do think back then there was just too many ww2 games coming out, especially when both cod and moh went for multiple expansion packs . Something i do wish studios went back to as it expanded on the original game so much better than just map packs.

I think the timing for wwii is perfect its going back to rots but theres been a long enough gap for it to be something fresh especially for the new generation of players, plus with so many other ww2 games coming out this year and next its going to be the "in" thing again for a while.

Maccabi Level 75
I was RTCW, MoH, and then CoD... as well as some others along the way.

I pretty much gobbled up any WWII game I could get my hands on... some were great, others not so much. Really haven't had a great one since WaW, which is a nostalgic favorite of mine but gets hate for whatever reason.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I'm sure some bright spark will come along on socia media whining that cods copied moh with the omaha level , or band of brothers or saving private ryan ect 

Maccabi Level 75

Studios