Can somebody explain COD to me?

World War II General Discussion

I see a lot of hype for the new COD, and I like WW2 themed games so it got me interested.

The thing I'm confused about is - What does multiplayer look like? Is it just Team Death Match? And what about progression/ranking?

shadowkahlari
13 REPLIES 13

@shadowkahlari wrote:

I see a lot of hype for the new COD, and I like WW2 themed games so it got me interested.

The thing I'm confused about is - What does multiplayer look like? Is it just Team Death Match? And what about progression/ranking?

Nothing has been announced yet , mp stuff will be revealed at a later date at E3

Maccabi Level 75

@shadowkahlari wrote:

Well the reveal it didn't even tease anything new accept headquarters which seems to be just a glorified game lobby where you might be able to show off your clips and socialize with other players. If I had to guess, it will be just a reskinned version of past BOTG COD's perhaps with better graphics and different maps and tweaked settings. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

You can probably expect it to be like the older COD games. It will have most of the common modes found in COD like TDM, Search and Destroy, Domination, and Hardcore variants of those modes. War is confirmed to be back in. Also progession in COD is fairly simple you get kills, complete objectives and challenges to gain xp and rank up. There will most likely be multiple prestiges like every COD.

r34Ninetales

@r34Ninetales wrote:

War is confirmed to be back in. 

Careful young padawan making definitive statements that aren't correct.
The "war" mode in codwwii is NOT like old w@w version, its a new type of story driven mode. There will be more details released about it at E3
Maccabi Level 75

The way he described it was nearly identical to the way it was played in W@W just with almost a battlefield spin on it where it changes the map layout as it goes on. He clearly stated it was a multiplayer mode tho, with teamwork and strategy.

r34Ninetales

@r34Ninetales wrote:

The way he described it was nearly identical to the way it was played in W@W just with almost a battlefield spin on it where it changes the map layout as it goes on. He clearly stated it was a multiplayer mode tho, with teamwork and strategy.

yes but my point was it isn't w@w war... you stated that mode was coming back definately it wasn't correct. You can't be giving people definitive information that is based off your assumptions esp with that amb tag. 

Maccabi Level 75

Never stated it was W@W War just that they are bringing War back into the game. I could of worded it better than that but I didn't which was my fault. I do think its fair to compare it to the W@W based on how they described it. It is a starting point to look at to get an idea of what the mode will be. I would say instead of apples to oranges more like oranges to grapefruit. The core is the same idea just with improvements.

r34Ninetales

@r34Ninetales wrote:

Never stated it was W@W War just that they are bringing War back into the game. 

Well yes you did hence why i corrected you,
You said War is confirmed to be back in , war has only been in waw what  other war is coming back  then?  Look end of day just stick to stuff thats been actually confirmed if you informe people it causes far less confusion further down the line for peeps 
l
Maccabi Level 75
Cod 3, W@W and Advance Warfare but renamed to Momentum
r34Ninetales

Studios