Copy and Paste Weapons

World War II General Discussion

As I have been increasingly playing AW to lead up to the hype of the reveal of COD WW2, I can't help bu think of the guns that could simply be copied and pasted into the new game. For example, in AW  you had (Long List Incoming) the MP40, M1 Garand, M1 Iron, Stg44, the Asm1 which could easily be treated as a Tommy gun (Speakeasy ,Variant but is also classified as a futuristic thompson), the Ak-47, the Sten gun, and the M1911. Even though Sledgehammer has had a full development cycle to develop this game, I really hope they did not take a lazy route and copy and paste weapons.  I love sledgehammer to death and I know they will do the right thing.

Dnvnlp
4 REPLIES 4

@Dnvnlp wrote:

As I have been increasingly playing AW to lead up to the hype of the reveal of COD WW2, I can't help bu think of the guns that could simply be copied and pasted into the new game. For example, in AW  you had (Long List Incoming) the MP40, M1 Garand, M1 Iron, Stg44, the Asm1 which could easily be treated as a Tommy gun (Speakeasy ,Variant but is also classified as a futuristic thompson), the Ak-47, the Sten gun, and the M1911. Even though Sledgehammer has had a full development cycle to develop this game, I really hope they did not take a lazy route and copy and paste weapons.  I love sledgehammer to death and I know they will do the right thing.

if they already had gun models for ww2 era guns it would make sense just to use those as a base,

can't see any issue at all in "copying and pasting" existing assets into a new game its a standard policy to reuse assets in other games , it saves time, money and frees up the artists to work on new stuff.

Maccabi Level 75

I can see your concern but there are many WW2 era wepaons that haven't been used inp previous games. The sturmgavare (german paratrooper AR), 30 cal LMG, MG42 LMG, Grease gun SMG, Gewar (german semi auto rifle), to name a few. 

Also, AK-47 mean Auto Kalashnikov year 1947......thea war ended in 45'. This AR is considered the cold war era, not WW2. The only true AR in WW2 because of the round was teh German MP44 or maybe the BAR even though it still fired rifle rounds instead of a medium round between a SMG round and a rifle round. 

ZvErS
Thank you for the response, I'm just so excited for this game and i'm probably just over-examining.
Dnvnlp
Highlighted

@Dnvnlp wrote:

I would say that COD in general is just a copy and paste game from year to year. New skins, mess with the settings and new maps. The only real major change they have made to the game over the years  was advanced movement system and apparently that didn't go well so based off of that, I think people want copy and paste game but they will never admit it until they add something new and than all hell breaks loose.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Studios