Create-a-Class Changes Reported EDITED WITH MORE INFO

World War II General Discussion

I think that might be a little dire. The series could use a little shake up, and I am willing to see what they have to offer, as well as give it some time to see how it plays out before deciding if this is a good or bad thing for COD.

Here is my concern: I was NOT a fan of Advanced Warfare, but I can recognize that there were some strong elements to that game. It had some solid bones, I will give them that. But what absolutely killed that game for me (beyond the Supply Drop system limiting earning weapons to luck) was that as innovative as it was, it seemed the game design didn't match that innovation. The advanced movement was clunky at best. The Maps didn't seem designed with the advanced movement in mind, as so many of the maps had areas people could just boost up to and have a view of nearly the entire map. I just hated how the game played as a result.

My worry here is this idea of changing CaC with Divisions is somewhat radical as far as Call of Duty is concerned, and that they are making a change just for change sake. I hope that they put more forethought into how Divisions will be balanced and work than they did with some of the design decisions in AW. If the design is poorly done, then it all falls apart.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how this plays out, as well as give them time to see if the system holds up after playing a while. But if they somehow err the way they did in AW, for this player I feel its time to get rid of SH as a developer. With them bringing back WWII, I am going to be holding them to some high standards of quality.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I get information is still limted but yeah, this seems like less customization options. So what that says to me, developers are being lazy and don't want to complicate their tasks with cross weapon/perk/attachment balance. One of the strongest aspects of COD is the "Create A Class" system, that goes away, well, it just another reason I feel WWII is going to be lame as hell and their banking on making money off the whole BOTG hype. 

Another thought, what if it is a move to get players to focus on supply drop purchases through this little division addition they are adding. Lack of options for players may entice them to spend money so they feel they have more options. A potential true pay to win or something similar, who knows. All speculation but I guess we will find out soon enough.

MurkBeserk Level 75
I would LOVE to say you are wildly wrong... but we all know the reality is you could have it right on the nose.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios