World War II General Discussion

So I only have the FG42, PPSH, Bazooka and the Machine pistol left for chrome camo. I have been doing the headshots for the FG42 and I'm really enjoying using this gun. It needs hustle and there are certain areas where you will get beat by other weapons, but it's fun to use and sounds really darn good. The reload animation is also cool. I hardly ever see anyone using this gun, maybe because guns like the BAR and STG are better idk. 

The FG42 needs some love. 😁

Dante2k Level 72
10 REPLIES 10
in reply to Dante2k

Drop to prune, mount it in a corner then reload. Save a second or 2  

EDIT: HAHAHHA I thought the FG42 was LMG. Oops. 

JagiMonster
in reply to Dante2k

It used to be the best rifle on the game.. it got nerfed out of existence.  

Crybabies ruin everything. 

d34m34t
in reply to Dante2k

Lucky for me, one of my first good guns was the "pre-nerf" FG42, and that thing was beastly very early on. I loved that gun, and really only quit using it after falling in love with the STG, which was followed up with me living the BAR. The only guns I haven't fell in love with, at any point, has been the Garand, SVT, and the other semi-auto we got during winter seige.

I agree though; let's show the FG42 some love people! 

mygamertagsucks Level 75
in reply to mygamertagsucks
Yea the only semi auto I like is the m1a1 carbine. Rapid fire and trigger finger ftw.

That said the M2 is a decent gun, i know its not semi auto but i am going to use it once chrome camo is done on base weapons. Looks like the m1a1 and I love the sound of that thing, it's statistically better than the FG42 as well.
Apparently the FG42 got a buff after the nerf according to a YouTube commentator. I still think it's decent.
Dante2k Level 72
in reply to Dante2k

The M2 is the only non-semi-automatic rifle that I don't really like ATM. That being said, and I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion to have, I also think that the Volk is an extremely underwhelming rifle, not worthy of the admiration and want that so many of the community seem to have for it. Keep in mind, though, that opinion is coming from the very same idiot that needed help getting his Grease gun gold. Clearly, this may be a shining example of my playstyle and a gun's intended style of use being in conflict, so I may not be the best person to weigh in on a "this gun is great/that gun is trash" type of conversation, lol. However; if a YT'er said it caught a buff, then bye God, the dam thing surely has caught a buff!!!

Seriously though, since I conceded the chrome camo quest, I have had a much better experience with the game. I actually got the lmgs done, and most of the smgs, but it was dragging me down. Especially when I noticed that my Waffe had as many headshots as my Semtex grenade. That is. Well. Certainly something now isn't it?

mygamertagsucks Level 75
Lol. The pistols in this game are what gets me down. I had fun in previous cods doing then but man in ww2 they are a drag.
Dante2k Level 72
in reply to Dante2k

I always forget which pistol it was that I thought I liked, and have since decided "screw it. I'm going to run a launcher instead." 

As much of a downer as I think we both agree the pistols are, for us, do you not find the only thing worse than using one yourself is when someone else in the lobby absolutely dominates with them, when running them akimbo? I know there are "broken" elements with the pistols, in regard to a certain BT causing them to become OP, but I swear I can't stand getting smoked, repeatedly, by pistol users, in core. 

Not to veer off too far, but the absolute only thing worse than that, for me, is the guy going 45-4, telling the entire lobby how flipping good they are, despite them being the only red-bar player in the lobby. I don't mind that they have a bad connection, as that may be out of their control through living arrangements; but come on, act like you've been there before. Thankfully, I only seem to have this really bad during an event, or off-peak hours. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I usually run the Enfield or 1911, and those are my "crap I didn't watch my ammo consumption" weapons.  Otherwise I use tactical knife as the handgun attachment.  But I can sympathize about getting smoked close combat with the akimbo...usually it's when I round a corner or burst into a room without being careful.  Though, I've had a couple funny moments on USS Texas while on my sides bridge, and get a headshot(luck shot) or able to place 2 distinct hits at distance on someone thinking they were going to find a spawn trap 😁

Orchamos Andron
Using akimbo is how I done all the pistol challanges even headshots. I found it the only way I could get consistent results with them. The p08 is probably the best of the base weapons but the shot animation really throws me off.
Dante2k Level 72

Studios