World War II General Discussion

There is one in particular I have thought about and see often talked about in the comments on videos. 
The idea of having a mode where you are only allowed to use the weapons of the country you are playing under. 
Example like If you are on the German side only German weapons are avaible to you and if you are on the American side only American weapons are avaible to you. 
I think this would be a neat mode however I think it would come down to fairness with the weapons. Don't really want to pare up 1 country which has lets say 9 weapons and the other only has 7. 
It would be pretty neat and maybe even get people more captured into the fight.
Do you guys have suggestions? What do you think of the one I have pointed out?

St0newa11
10 REPLIES 10

@St0newa11 wrote:

There is one in particular I have thought about and see often talked about in the comments on videos. 
The idea of having a mode where you are only allowed to use the weapons of the country you are playing under. 
Example like If you are on the German side only German weapons are avaible to you and if you are on the American side only American weapons are avaible to you. 
I think this would be a neat mode however I think it would come down to fairness with the weapons. Don't really want to pare up 1 country which has lets say 9 weapons and the other only has 7. 
It would be pretty neat and maybe even get people more captured into the fight.
Do you guys have suggestions? What do you think of the one I have pointed out?

For such a minor change in a mode I don't like the idea only cause I don't like breaking up the game into too many categories for connectivity reasons. They should reduce the over all game types and modes. It will piss some people off but overall create a much better experience for match making. Too many game types and modes is a bad idea.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Just looking at Bo3 Playlist under Core I think we could scrap
Capture the flag 
Safeguard more then likely wont be in the WW2
Fracture I wouldn't think would be in WW2 either

I do disagree its a minor change but for the time period and what this game is based on I think having a mode that seperates the two sides completely would be a great addition. 

St0newa11

Like murkbezurk said. Better less game modes so the player base won't be divided to much.

As for the game mode it self. It a bit of a novelty game mode. Will probably get boring quick. We only have one one of the axis power. So only Germany vs allies.

Would be better if we had Japan and Italy to and/or allies vs allies.

And if we get something like this just as a special event game mode.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

That is actually what i mean. Id doesn't need to be Axis vs Allies it can be Axis vs Axis and Allies vs allies. Just lock the weapons to either side. 
I mean there are a ton of modes that have less then 3% of the population in them.... Remove a couple and add a new one. 

St0newa11

I think you also might be forgetting the culture of COD. The overall majority of players stick to one gun or class so you will have a lot of leavers if they can't can't have their crutch class.

MurkBeserk Level 75

I do wonder if that would be the case. I mean what would be the point of playing in the mode if you only want to use 1 type of weapon? I figure those people would be smart enough to not play if they aren't flexible. But honestly with how bad the masses of players are I could see that being an issue.

St0newa11

@St0newa11 wrote:

I do wonder if that would be the case. I mean what would be the point of playing in the mode if you only want to use 1 type of weapon? I figure those people would be smart enough to not play if they aren't flexible. But honestly with how bad the masses of players are I could see that being an issue.

You are an OW fan too, just look at how people react when they can't use the Hero they want. That is probably the biggest source of toxicity in that game. I suppose in COD those people wouldn't play that mode but I just have no faith in large masses of gamers, been playign games too long I guess. On top of that you would than possible introduce a whole other discussion on _______ country / team / faction or whatever it would be called is OP cause they have a certain class that is not equally balanced with other _____.

It would be interesting though to see how you can mix and match them for counters kind of like OW in way. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

Oh yes, that is definitely one of the biggest sources of of toxic people is when they aren't able to play what they want. I main Hanzo and most of my matches people ask me right off the bat to switch, but than someone looks at my profile and notices my 65% win rate with Hanzo so  normally they leave me alone and we win. But when things go south I switch to whatever is needed. I could see people bitching about like weapon balancing, but I am hoping that it wont play a massive part in the game.

St0newa11

The game mode won't be for the one trick pony's.

And a large part of the cod players is a one trick pony.

I enjoy using different weapons and classes. So for me it would be an enjoyable game mode. Better than the mode where you progress through weapons. Forgot the name of it.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios