Get rid of the Cavalry Shields

World War II General Discussion

Like many others, I am not a fan of the cavalry shields, I only use the cavalry division because I want to unlock the new sub-machine gun, Airborne being my favorite divison to play with. I myself am way past the whole concept of this game being historically accurate so I the whole shields being in the game doesn't bother when it comes to that, but at the same time, they aren't needed, I think everyone was having way more fun without them in the picture. Just my thoughts though.

Fabens915
13 REPLIES 13

Yeah its highly ennoying, should be cosmetic only 

W-A3aanse

I just think they need to lower the movement speed and the weapon swap speed with the riot shield equipped... I was using it myself and I was surprised that I could run around so fast with it.

BR0NY2

I have to disagree i am having more fun on this game now than i ever was before the update. 

Run, point, shoot gets old after a while. 

d34m34t
I like the changes also, the riot shield adds a new tactical dimension - I do, however, think that the back up weapon should be limited to a pistol or sub machine gun as you would not be able to carry a heavy weapon effectively alongside the shield.
Snoopy0211

i also want them gone please SHG do some work on the cavalry division with no shield and replace it with more of a objective play style not defence role and no im not having a hard time against them or have a hard time using it but it makes no sense as someone as my self level 128 and put 14day and 2 hours into this i see this as a problem and see it as could hurt the game in long term.

staplebluejo

I would be fine if they got rid of the shields completely. But if they have to keep them, three things need to happen. The shields need to become smaller, it's completely unfair that a player can crouch down and be completely covered by the shield. Second, The shield needs to be able to be destroyed. If a gun can run out of ammo, the shields should not be completely indestructible. Third, the player carrying the shield should run much slower, they shouldn't have the same speed as someone carrying a regular gun or melee weapon. Multiplayer has become almost unplayable since those shields were introduced.

randy_maverick

This has been mentioned in another thread. Yes I agree,get rid of them. Those who accuse others of being bad at the game are probably the ones who use them as it's harder to get shot.

Deleted User

@Deleted User wrote:

This has been mentioned in another thread. Yes I agree,get rid of them. Those who accuse others of being bad at the game are probably the ones who use them as it's harder to get shot.

Or it's just true. Perhaps the people saying that have played one of the 7 other cods that had riot shields that were even stronger than this one and learned how to counter them. It is one of the easiest things to counter in the entire game. So it's not much of a stretch to think that those who can't counter it aren't very good. It's common sense.

gotsomestars Level 75

Or maybe it's becasue people are *****ed off with ***** being added all the time that isn't an essential part of the game.

Deleted User

Studios