Give me bigger maps, or give me another game...

World War II General Discussion


@MurkBeserk wrote:

@RunandGun1 wrote:

The biggest problem is the community. A lot of players don't like large maps because it means, I don't know, having to THINK? 

 

 


Wrong! It means playing hide and seeek. Look at how Dominion played on IW, thats all it was, trying to find which corner of the map people were hiding in. That map, even with advanced movements was extremely boring for a 6v6 match. For sniping it might have been favorable but that is about all the action you can find on there. Terminal was pretty bad too, just people head glitching in their spawn.

What is there to think about, bigger maps don't increase tactical or strategic play, it just takes longer to find players to engage, it absolultely slows the game down.


WRONG! You missed the fact that I had better experiences and KDR. On no other COD's have I had as many as 50+ kills in a game. It was because of the larger maps that I HAD TO work for my kills. The "hide and seek" excuse was never a factor. You're always going to have people camping or "hiding" in any online multiplayer game. In objective based modes, camping can serve as a rational approach. In other cases, camping is just a way of a player trying to avoid getting killed...ever. But, you'te wrong. I rarely had to deal with the "hide and seek" factor. As a matter of fact, I find MORE people "hiding" on small maps because they are so afraid - because of the smaller map - of getting killed too soon after spawning. Which on small maps is a real factor. On larger maps, you are LESS likely to get killed too soon after spawning. On small maps, you are MORE likely to get killed soon after spawning due to the size of the map forcing players together in a smaller environment. It's pure logic. Nothing unusual there.

 

Have you ever played COD: World At War? Your comments suggest you haven't, or it was YOU who played "hide and seek". The fact that I've gotten the MOST kills of any COD on one with large maps, just blows that BS about large maps out of the water. There's no truth to your claims. I'm speaking from personal experience in actual matches. I don't know where you're getting your information from.

RunAndGun1
Likes: 387
Posts: 1171
Registered: ‎14-04-2013
Highlighted

@RunandGun1 wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@RunandGun1 wrote:

The biggest problem is the community. A lot of players don't like large maps because it means, I don't know, having to THINK? 

 

 


Wrong! It means playing hide and seeek. Look at how Dominion played on IW, thats all it was, trying to find which corner of the map people were hiding in. That map, even with advanced movements was extremely boring for a 6v6 match. For sniping it might have been favorable but that is about all the action you can find on there. Terminal was pretty bad too, just people head glitching in their spawn.

What is there to think about, bigger maps don't increase tactical or strategic play, it just takes longer to find players to engage, it absolultely slows the game down.


WRONG! You missed the fact that I had better experiences and KDR. On no other COD's have I had as many as 50+ kills in a game. It was because of the larger maps that I HAD TO work for my kills. The "hide and seek" excuse was never a factor. You're always going to have people camping or "hiding" in any online multiplayer game. In objective based modes, camping can serve as a rational approach. In other cases, camping is just a way of a player trying to avoid getting killed...ever. But, you'te wrong. I rarely had to deal with the "hide and seek" factor. As a matter of fact, I find MORE people "hiding" on small maps because they are so afraid - because of the smaller map - of getting killed too soon after spawning. Which on small maps is a real factor. On larger maps, you are LESS likely to get killed too soon after spawning. On small maps, you are MORE likely to get killed soon after spawning due to the size of the map forcing players together in a smaller environment. It's pure logic. Nothing unusual there.

 

Have you ever played COD: World At War? Your comments suggest you haven't, or it was YOU who played "hide and seek". The fact that I've gotten the MOST kills of any COD on one with large maps, just blows that BS about large maps out of the water. There's no truth to your claims. I'm speaking from personal experience in actual matches. I don't know where you're getting your information from.


I was talking about Dominion on IW and it is from experience playing the map as well. You seem to go from one extreme to the other, small to large. COD works best on medium maps, while small maps have their place, they aren't really great for this game. So what does working for your kills mean? Please explain all knowledgeable one. What about a big map makes you work for your kills unles you struggle at range. The only thing a large map does is require longer time to traverse the map slowing down the engagment, this is kind of an obvious conclusion I would think by anyone that is reasonable, it doesn't increase the difficulty except maybe there are more places to try and find people which isn't engagement, that is hide and seek.

You have a point on objective games but if you paid attention for the last two to three COD's, people rarely play the objective any longer, there mostly wasted modes at this point in the game cycle. One of the biggest complaints about this game is no one PTFO, there are tons of threads that substantiate that.

So in your statement when you say, players have to think? I think you meant is that they had a lot more time to think since traversing the map will be the majority of your time unless your one of thos guys that sits in your spawn on a head glitch and waits for the other team to engage you.

I don't have a problem with a couple larger maps to appease the sniper game play but they just get skipped most of the time anyway. I should take that back, they get skipped in Core, in HC, Terminal and Dominion got picked a lot, there is a reason for that but that is a convo for another day.

MurkBeserk Level 75
Likes: 1672
Posts: 3991
Registered: ‎12-10-2016

Three lanes tunnel maps again, ugghh. A lot of elevation, variable sizes, asymmetric shapes and multiple engagement ranges are needed.

Foot_Sergeant
Likes: 11
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎13-02-2017
I agree. Please bigger maps!!! Of course 60hz/tick dedicated servers would be ideal as well. P2P is terrible.Maps like pipeline and overgrown from MW or even map sizes like from the 1st black ops which had a lot of good medium sized maps(except Nuketown) would be ok. The current maps do seem to close quarters for the most part. Funnels aren't very fun. Elevation and asymmetry with larger, varying lanes and some open spaces is good. It makes people need to aim and pay attention to somewhere besides right in front of them. This game could be what call of duty has needed. It honestly looks pretty good so far but they need bigger maps and dedicated 60hz/tick servers. Fingers crossed.
Thee Realist
Likes: 9
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎10-11-2011

Let's just hope their listening !

kable73
Likes: 1
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎22-04-2017

The change of devs reading something on the forum is zero.

They don't come to forum. Even when it's the official forum. 

Only social media.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
Likes: 4266
Posts: 14628
Registered: ‎09-06-2011

Studios