Give me bigger maps, or give me another game...

World War II General Discussion

I've seen a few videos of multiplayer action in COD: @WW2. It looks like fun. But, the maps look kinda small. I hope there will be larger maps coming. A few small maps is fine. But, you can't claim to have a strategy in playing COD if you don't have a map big enough to create a strategy with. I need to believe this new COD will be more than spawn-shoot-shoot-die. Seriously. Crossing fingers. See you in the beta!!

RunAndGun1
25 REPLIES 25

@RunandGun1 wrote:

@I've seen a few videos of multiplayer action in COD: @WW2. It looks like fun. But, the maps look kinda small. I hope there will be larger maps coming. A few small maps is fine. But, you can't claim to have a strategy in playing COD if you don't have a map big enough to create a strategy with. I need to believe this new COD will be more than spawn-shoot-shoot-die. Seriously. Crossing fingers. See you in the beta!!

I, too, want some larger maps. In a Q&A session, SH stated they will have a nice mix of map sizes. I hope they have a Seelow sized map.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
larger maps please
josoug

@RunandGun1 wrote:

@I've seen a few videos of multiplayer action in COD: @WW2. It looks like fun. But, the maps look kinda small. I hope there will be larger maps coming. A few small maps is fine. But, you can't claim to have a strategy in playing COD if you don't have a map big enough to create a strategy with. I need to believe this new COD will be more than spawn-shoot-shoot-die. Seriously. Crossing fingers. See you in the beta!!

I am pretty sure all the hype for strategy and camadery is based around the game mode War. I am guessing the other modes will be the exact same play style of older CODs. It seems like there is very little difference in the game outside of them reskinning it and copying some ideas from other games.

MurkBeserk Level 75

I guess they use small maps so there is a lot of action. 

The larger maps will come later. Hopefully in the beta.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

I would like to see some bigger maps as well. But IMO bigger maps = bigger lag. We still dont know what they going to use for connectivity. So I have mixed feelings of how bigger maps can turn out.

Ground War is unplayable right now in IW, not of the map size but due to 9 vs 9 players. So if they dont use "real", or good dedicated servers, bigger maps might be a pain in the a**.

Horrorman Level 75
Problems of this game? i saw garand m1 shooting rateo fire like SMG, and in general game is TOO FAST. Movement of soldiers are too fast, too fast when u aim...

SLEDGEHAMMER, SLOW DOWN THIS GAME!!
GI Bad Joker
Agreed! I want to see some bigger maps.
kable73
100 % you are right
josoug

The problem is all of you scrubs have raging boners over terrible maps like "nuke town"... when you're bad a COD you want  randomness and chaos... aka small maps, so better players cant contorl the spawns. The devs see how well DLC maps sell, and the scrubs all want chaos, close quarters maps so they can run and gun with a hip fire weapon.

So now COD devs think clusterf*ck maps are a good idea... whereas the original "3 lane" map design from COD4 and W@W were superior from a balancing side.

Maybe the devs for WWII will understand that "going back to the roots" means picking up the better map design.

Crunk N DaTrunk

Studios