Going back to BO2 to get a feel for BOTG

World War II General Discussion

Highlighted

@St0newa11 wrote:

"Not sure how destructable envirnoment would harm competitve play, it would actually make it more competitive unless you just can't adapt and lack player skill"
It would come down to like you can't just drop a building in Cod, the maps really just don't fit that sort of destruction, also blowing a hole in the wall for another path could lead to issue with map balancing. I mean ya you could make it so only one spot crumbles revealing another path but that might as well just be another opening rather than destructable. I don't think it has anything to do with adapting or skill it just doesn't work in Call of duty. IMO

LOL, didn't know you were a master map designer. It absolutely can work but it would take a bit more work. However, I think your focusing too much on the this one suggestion rather than my whole point to begin with, they made zero effort to change anything in the game.

@St0newa11 wrote:

" I get some might like the simplistic ways but the characters are already very simplistic and easy with very little skill gap outside of aim and basic strafing, once you get that down, there isn't much more to it"
There has never really been a massive skill gap in call of duty, even with advanced movement. I mean once you nab a controller with extra buttons to make jumping and aiming easier it becomes just as easy as Drop shotting. Granted people out there do it without the advanced controller but I don't consider that a skill more of a disadvantage to yourself. 
I think the skill gap should rely on Map knowledge and skill with the weapons. This however hasn't been an actual thing for a very long time, since the maps have been shrinking and the best weapon in every Call of duty has been some sort of SMG. Maybe this WW2 cod will bring other weapons more into play with the maps we have seen seem to cater to being able to use different weapons for different areas of the map. 

Duh! Kind of my point, we are going back to an even lesser skilled play style now. I think your confusing skill with equipment, advanced movement definitely had a much higher skill gap. It's not about the ability to push buttons, I used bumper jumper and did just as well as I did with an elite back in BO3. The fact you had much faster rmovment, you had to have better tracking skills, more awarenss due to increased ways to flank, aiming headglitchers at range while wall running, boosting, sliding over much larger areas. This is one of the reasons so many people complained about it being too chaotic, they want to camp out in an area, they didn't like the various ways they would be flanked. It is why I was called a cheater and aim botter so often cause they couldn't fathom how I could pick them off at midrange with a pistol while they are stationary with behind a head glitch with an NV4. The skill gap is real but I suppose it isn't popular.

Sure there will be campers but you don't make the game in a way where tha becomes the pre-dominate way of playing. Make them earn those kills.

@St0newa11 wrote:

Really the best Competitive game as far as I am concerned is Overwatch and that is because those devs take incredibly good care of it. Always changing things and always trying to maintain balance with a good skill gap. also zero lag.... "cough cough call of duty"

Ha, something we actually agree on, where I have been spending most of my time is on Overwatch. Far superior to COD in so many ways when considering the time taken on the game, connection,  team synergy and so many othe aspects.

@St0newa11 wrote:

As Driftor said, (mind you I don't even really like driftor)

Call of Duty is always hyped every year but this year its hyped and its overwhelmingly positive. Not just hyped

He bitched and cried about IW forever, he is biased on the subject. You ever notice youtubers pander to their audience, it's cause that is a money source, their like poor politicians, most of them are going to agree with their audience cause they are so scared of losing them. Look at how much hate Ace got for standing up for IW, he even had to make comments in some of his vids about how we was going to loose fans for being positve about the game. By the way, it's youtubers that create the hype. There really wasn't any hype for IW, it was viewed upon by so many in a negative way and never really given a chance by most.

MurkBeserk Level 75

haha, I don't mean to come off that way. I am not a master map designer, but just knowing what Call of duty is and what made its fame I don't think they should change the formula too much.

IMO maybe you are right and maybe thats why I don't enjoy it. Skillgap may be to big for people, perhaps I just got tired of using the advanced movement system to lay out people who clearly didn't understand how to properly use it to their advantage. I can see now that is kind of an issue, because slaughtering people while leaping through the air and sliding and stuff seems like maybe too much for the general public? Being all boots on the ground may bring the skillgap closer but it also makes it more fun to know you are able to still beast in a lobby without having such a big advantage.

Overwatch>every other FPS on the market....... No question

Yea Youtubers do create the Hype, sort of I mean it is still a two way street. Mainstream youtubers like Driftor,Tmartn and Chaos definitely do follow the public view and I guess from their point of view I get it. But I mostly watch my Snipers like Pamaj, Kross and Spratt to name a few and they normally give me the real deal. Since the release of Ghosts they havn't stuck with the current call of duty for the year like they did with Bo2/MW3 and so on and so on. Most of them switch off to other games now like myself because the current cods just ***** with sniping too much to really enjoy it. Huge example is IW, if you go to their channels right now there are practically zero videos of them playing IW. Pretty much they just play Bo3/Bo2/MW2/MWR . So when I feel like the current state of Snipers in cod is garbage I look to see whats happening with these channels and these guys are some of the best at sniping and if they aren't digging it than it prolly isn't that great and thankfully it isn't just myself feeling this way.

St0newa11

@St0newa11 wrote:

haha, I don't mean to come off that way. I am not a master map designer, but just knowing what Call of duty is and what made its fame I don't think they should change the formula too much.

IMO maybe you are right and maybe thats why I don't enjoy it. Skillgap may be to big for people, perhaps I just got tired of using the advanced movement system to lay out people who clearly didn't understand how to properly use it to their advantage. I can see now that is kind of an issue, because slaughtering people while leaping through the air and sliding and stuff seems like maybe too much for the general public? Being all boots on the ground may bring the skillgap closer but it also makes it more fun to know you are able to still beast in a lobby without having such a big advantage.

Overwatch>every other FPS on the market....... No question

Yea Youtubers do create the Hype, sort of I mean it is still a two way street. Mainstream youtubers like Driftor,Tmartn and Chaos definitely do follow the public view and I guess from their point of view I get it. But I mostly watch my Snipers like Pamaj, Kross and Spratt to name a few and they normally give me the real deal. Since the release of Ghosts they havn't stuck with the current call of duty for the year like they did with Bo2/MW3 and so on and so on. Most of them switch off to other games now like myself because the current cods just ***** with sniping too much to really enjoy it. Huge example is IW, if you go to their channels right now there are practically zero videos of them playing IW. Pretty much they just play Bo3/Bo2/MW2/MWR . So when I feel like the current state of Snipers in cod is garbage I look to see whats happening with these channels and these guys are some of the best at sniping and if they aren't digging it than it prolly isn't that great and thankfully it isn't just myself feeling this way.

Yep, guess I got to wait until beta to see if this is a game I can enjoy. Chances are it will still be a fun game, just don't know if it will hold my interest more than two to three months. Now I would be very happy with an actual BOTG classic game if it played like Overwatch, buttery smooth connection. At that point at least I would be content with them focusing on perofrmance and feel they made some steps forward or perhaps what I deem as a step backwards allowed them to put out a game that performs well. However, I know that is another aspect that is likely going to still be crap. That part actually bothers me more than any other aspect of this game.

Some good games coming out, looking forward to trying out that Lawbreakers beta as well if I get excepted in the beta. Perhaps that will be the one that satisfies my appetitie for more competitive gameplay. Talk about fast paced, that is like Titanfall and Overwatch had a baby on crack.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Yes, I am really hoping that they will improve the correction. I really feel like that is holding back call of duty so hard, they just need to get that right. 
How you feel right now about Cod WW2 is how me and a lot of my friends have felt, however we actually have lived it for the last 3-4 years. Buy a Call of Duty and stop playing it before hitting even hitting like just over a month. 

I feel like lawbreakers might end up being a prom night dumpster baby from Overwatch/Titanfall. I think IMO it will flop just by its design. I don't hope for that but I feel like it wont be successful.

St0newa11

@St0newa11 wrote:

Yes, I am really hoping that they will improve the correction. I really feel like that is holding back call of duty so hard, they just need to get that right. 
How you feel right now about Cod WW2 is how me and a lot of my friends have felt, however we actually have lived it for the last 3-4 years. Buy a Call of Duty and stop playing it before hitting even hitting like just over a month. 

I feel like lawbreakers might end up being a prom night dumpster baby from Overwatch/Titanfall. I think IMO it will flop just by its design. I don't hope for that but I feel like it wont be successful.

You might be right, hard to say. From what I gather, it seems like it is going to be highly competitive and that by itself might not pull enough of a player pool. Overwatch has a subsection of really aggressive competitors but it still seems to cater to casuals as well.

i fricken love the pace of Lawbreakers though, it is so my speed.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Just noticed I said Correction instead of connection.... ***** i was tired lol
Yeah, as can be seen Roadhog nerf made Roadhog trash.... Smiley Sad Causals complained a lot about him.
Lawbreakers has an interesting speed and I would prolly enjoy it but i feel like I would get bored as I do with most futuristic games. My era is WW2 and Vietnam, that is where I can set a lot of hours into.

St0newa11

Studios