Going back to your roots u say ?

World War II General Discussion

Have to say the trailer was awesome to look at but yet disappointing at the same time becuz hardly no info was given about MP or modtools and dedi servers.

U claiming to go back to your roots, that will include the mapping tools and dedi servers aswell, Custom maps and servers is waht made the first CoD's great and extended their lifespan still till today and its something that the mapping and modding community is been waiting for since world at war.

Finally we got a WWII CoD again and that  deserves the tools aswell.

How about some info on the above ?

_Icey_
19 REPLIES 19
You wouldn't want them to not make money from DLC would you?
DMein
there wasnt really dlc with cod 1/UO and cod2 was there and yet those games are the ones everyone is wanting back. why ? .. exactly...

the only ones talking bout dlc are the ones that are born after the first cod release and dont even know that games did excist without dlc Smiley Wink
_Icey_
Highlighted

You're completely right. I grew up in the time where DLC was a bonus but times have changed. Companies now factor these into there revenue generation so it will be extra no matter how much we b*** and scream. The ywon't go back, trust me. All you can do is bee more careful with your money is all. Example: I didn't get the Seaon pass for IW. Just didn't think it's worth it. NO cod point crap either. I already paid to play. 

ZvErS

@_Icey_ wrote:
there wasnt really dlc with cod 1/UO and cod2 was there and yet those games are the ones everyone is wanting back. why ? .. exactly...

the only ones talking bout dlc are the ones that are born after the first cod release and dont even know that games did excist without dlc Smiley Wink

UO was an expansion pack for cod1...

its just dlc under its old name 

cod 2 had THREE dlc map packs - the bonus,skirmish and invasion pack , but it also released mod tools so there was that 

Maccabi Level 75

They say, "Yes, the game will release Public dedicated server files", I'll buy ALL the DLC, every last bit of it.  I'll pay up front, I'll buy the gold and platinum editions.  I'll spend every cent I can on this game....I might even upgrade my rig for it!

That's the problem, developers may be aware of the sales potential of releasing pubic dedicated server files, and producers don't believe it.

FSB75

as a cod 1 and MOH player i am really looking for a good WW2 game, those games were amazing and a lot of fun and i felt that the community then was real friendly.

The days we had friendly battles against other clans and community's focussed pure on fun and not on leaderboards and perks.

The adding dlc close after release and season passes splits the player base up real quicly to the point where people stop to play the game.

Although i am hyped about this game we have not seen any info about multiplayer and the fact that they have made the closed Beta consoles only makes me fear PC is a after thought again.

I really hope i am wrong about this.

I would rather have them make a full addon after like half a year then adding small dlc like 2 months after release.

D4n1el

You have to be VERY specific when asking about dedicated servers.

What you are asking for, I believe, are called "public dedicated server files".  They will give you a virtual server and call it "dedicated".  Technically, they would be correct.  Again, I believe, you want a server browser with static IPs, connected to physical boxes NOT using shared or virtual resources?  Correct?  Public dedicated server files!

FSB75

@_Icey_ wrote:

Have to say the trailer was awesome to look at but yet disappointing at the same time becuz hardly no info was given about MP or modtools and dedi servers.

U claiming to go back to your roots, that will include the mapping tools and dedi servers aswell, Custom maps and servers is waht made the first CoD's great and extended their lifespan still till today and its something that the mapping and modding community is been waiting for since world at war.

Finally we got a WWII CoD again and that  deserves the tools aswell.

How about some info on the above ?

I'm guessing by "dedicated servers" You mean servers you can rent? The answer to that will be no. Actually you gave the reason right in your post. 

They won't include these tools/things because they don't want you playing these games for 10 years. They want you buying the next game in November. 

And because the pc player base is too small to put significant funds into.

gotsomestars Level 75

ye i know its false hope and that they only after the money and i know its false hope they releasing the tools and  screwing  the cod pc community yet again, but they claim to go back to the roots to what made the game big, thats only 1 awnser for me, Dedi server files and mod/mapping tools.

So far it looks cool but im afraid it will turn out in one big disappointment again for the pc scene.

Luckely we have Battalion1944 comming out this year aswell with similar gameplay/style as CoD and they do lissen to what the community wants, besides a good game, they give us dedi server files and mapping/modding tools.

No doubt alot will switch from CoD to BAT.

Perhaps in furture Treyarch will release another WWII CoD together with their brand new Radiant from BO3.

_Icey_

Studios