Going back to your roots u say ?

World War II General Discussion

@_Icey_ wrote:

ye i know its false hope and that they only after the money and i know its false hope they releasing the tools and  screwing  the cod pc community yet again, but they claim to go back to the roots to what made the game big, thats only 1 awnser for me, Dedi server files and mod/mapping tools.

So far it looks cool but im afraid it will turn out in one big disappointment again for the pc scene.

Luckely we have Battalion1944 comming out this year aswell with similar gameplay/style as CoD and they do lissen to what the community wants, besides a good game, they give us dedi server files and mapping/modding tools.

No doubt alot will switch from CoD to BAT.

Perhaps in furture Treyarch will release another WWII CoD together with their brand new Radiant from BO3.

The problem is, there's not a lot to switch. The last few cods have sold VERY few pc copies. Like, in the ten thousands. While the console version sells millions. Surely you understand why they don't put as much funds into the pc port.

I started cod on pc. But, when the quality of cod pc went down the toilet, I switched to console. And tbh, when next gen came out, I didn't miss pc even a little bit.

gotsomestars Level 75

COD has been selling less and less on the PC and it isn't the player's fault. it's their fault. Gaming has been growing on PC overall and COD ain't seeing none of that because for a long period fo time, they have neglected us. Why should we support something that doesn't support us? Even though the COD base will still be smaller on PC than on consoles, it would be much, much larger than it is right now if we had that support we had in the past and it wasn't just words said for hype as it is today. Many people say this as we talk with PC players in the community. They took things away from us and tried to give us a console-only experience here. There are many players either still playing older CODs, went on to BF, CSGO, etc, or just quit.

COD would've had growth instead of declines every year. Farming Simulator 17 was supposed to outsell COD on PC and I'm not surprised. People are tired.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey
Highlighted

@PDE_PaulKersey wrote:

COD has been selling less and less on the PC and it isn't the player's fault. it's their fault. Gaming has been growing on PC overall and COD ain't seeing none of that because for a long period fo time, they have neglected us. Why should we support something that doesn't support us? Even though the COD base will still be smaller on PC than on consoles, it would be much, much larger than it is right now if we had that support we had in the past and it wasn't just words said for hype as it is today. Many people say this as we talk with PC players in the community. They took things away from us and tried to give us a console-only experience here. There are many players either still playing older CODs, went on to BF, CSGO, etc, or just quit.

COD would've had growth instead of declines every year. Farming Simulator 17 was supposed to outsell COD on PC and I'm not surprised. People are tired.

I 100% agree with you.

Unfortunately when neither side bends, this is what happens eventually. 

I don't really think they gave pc players a "console only" experience until recently. Bit, in the end, it's passed the tipping point in my opinion. The last couple years they haven't even sold enough pc copies to make the development worth it. And yes part of it is their fault. 

But you have to admit, pc players are picky. Very picky. And that's fine. Just like this post they say we want XYZ or we aren't buying it. Well, that's fine, but if you don't buy it, they have less incentives to make it. It's a 2 sided coin. 

If I'm being 100% honest, at this point I could understand them not making a pc port at all. Just because the sales will be flat, and the port won't be good enough for the pc community. 

Like I said, I started cod on pc, and I enjoyed it. I play other games on pc, just not cod anymore. There aren't enough players online to find a decent match.

gotsomestars Level 75

I don't believe PC players are picky at all. We've all been asking for the same things since CODWAW. We haven't really asked for anything outside of what we had. I could do without things like mod tools sadly, but the rest of what we had along with good anticheat, hard for me to do. There have been a couple of people I know in the community to buy one of the new games, play it for 2 weeks and never turn it on again. I was puzzled on why they even bought it that time, but maybe they had a moment.

I don't believe anything is coming back if it hasn't in all of these years, but there have been rumors with some people telling me different. I know know where they get this supposed info from when I haven't seen anything announced yet. I think there are people getting confused by seeing that 'headquarters' scene in the live reveal not knowing what it is for.

PDE_PaulKersey

Actually, that would be the reason I and many others would buy the game and DLCs every year if we did get those things. Map and mod tools wouldn't stop me from buying every COD and that was the plan until I saw MW2 wasn't going to have servers, went to small maps, and player count was 12. THAT'S what kept me on the older games. I definitely wasn't going to get those futuristic CODs - and nothing against future because I like that as well. I played loads of Perfect Dark on N64. I just don't like the way COD did it.

But yea. If they gave us all of that, we would still buy all other COD games as long as they are good. That was the plan, including DLC.

PDE_PaulKersey
So because they aren't delivering info on your schedule... you are disappointed?

The reveal was just to tell us the basics about the game. What the Campaign was set to be about and a little info about MP and confirming that there would be a Co-Op mode. E3 is coming up in a few months and more MP info will be revealed at that point... plus the Beta will give us partial access to the MP and let us experience it.

As for Co-Op or Zombies or whatever it will be called... they can't give too much info out about that, because part of the attraction of that mode is discovering what it has in store for the players. They will, probably close to release, talk about it and offer some gameplay as well as info on what is new in the mode, but they can't give away too much, or it would hurt that community.

As for Mod Tools and such... would be interesting but really only impacts a very small segment of the community. They released Mod Tools for BO3, so perhaps that was a way to test for what was to come in WWII. Would be interesting if they released Mod Tools to see what the community comes up with... but at the same time I am not sure how large that community would be. Personally, if its not that large of a community, I'd rather see the effort put into content for the CoD Community as a whole.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

well unless you got info we don't have, the FAQ says the beta is console only.

D4n1el
And?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I was only saying that is how we'd get more info about the MP.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Not even sure what that reply about tea is even about, so ill just quote the sentence here.

"plus the Beta will give us partial access to the MP and let us experience it"

It will be difficult to experience it when you can't play the Beta on PC

I think in general people reply to this because the fact that there is no PC beta for pc is worrying, many games nowadays are poor console ports.

I agree with you that some patience is required untill the Multiplayer is shown on E3.

D4n1el
Not sure I even mentioned platforms, just information. And even if it doesn't come to PC, there will be plenty of info out there.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios