World War II General Discussion

There better not be health packs for multiplayer. Campaign that is fine, but cod will be less fun, slower and boring if I got to get a Helth pack. That's stupid, you get shot, you aren't gonna take something and it's gonna just heal up. I health regain doesn't make as much sense but it's more fun. I will not get this game if multiplayer has so yeah regen. I was so exited to go back to ww2 as well. I'll stick to last years cod of this is true or at least make a classic playlist. So there's heathpacks and health regain 

Spongebob216
14 REPLIES 14
in reply to Spongebob216

Oh boo freaking hoo. Get over yourself scrub.Health packs make it challenging. No more pansies like you getting shot, hiding behind a corner and healing up when you should be dead.

VGA_FatedScythe777
in reply to Spongebob216

Health packs aren't any more "stupid" than magical health fairies that magically heal you. If they have them in multiplayer,  I don't think they will, but if they do, the ONLY thing that does is promote  a little teamwork. Something the last 4 cods have pushed away from. Cod used to be a team game.  Now it's a game of 6 individuals against 6 other individuals.

I would personally love it if there was actually some team work involved. It kinda sucks being the only one to shoot down streaks, or the only one trying to use teamwork at all. I miss the days of teamwork, tactics and map control.

gotsomestars Level 75
in reply to gotsomestars
A little team work with healing is never a bad thing. I welcome that change if its true!
grizzgolf
in reply to gotsomestars

@gotsomestars wrote:

I don't think they will, but if they do, the ONLY thing that does is promote  a little teamwork. Something the last 4 cods have pushed away from.

This game is not a team game, hasn't been for a long time. If you play with a clan than this might not be a bad idea but if you play solo, it will not change anything in regards to team work. People aren't going to risk their lives to heal up another team mate. I suppose it depends on how they implement it, it is a very bad idea in my opinion if they do. I also think this will promote camping, specifcally spawn camping since it will encourage players to stay near team mates vs playing aggressively which to me are the most fun games and how I usually play. In fact, the way I stay alive often is staying away from team mates. Also, once your damaged, people will be more likely to find a dark corner until they get to a team mate to heal them up and camp their but off since they know they are weak, it will slow the game down a lot. It rewards both partied up teams and the less skilled campers in my opinion and handicaps those that like to slay and/or that are lone wolfs. 

In addition, if this was the case, it would likely give teams that grouped up or clan an advantage and putting solo players at a distinct disadvantage. So adding the whole lag issues that occur going against partied up lobbies/players, this would just add one more reason to back out of lobbies with partied up players.

So what happens if you get in a lobby and your team mates won't regenerate your health, assuming they control who they choose to heal, one more reason why someone won't stay in a lobby. 

If they want to promote team work, the only way to make that happen is removing personal stats from the game and reward team based activities and remove rewards for individual based activities and challenges.

These concerns are assuming it will be the team mates decision on when and who they plan on healing. 

Just feel like it is a bad bad idea so hopefully this will be SP only.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Call of Duty is no more a team work game than Battlefield. Have you played Battlefield 1 recently? No one plays the classes properly. If you play a medic it's your job to heal other players. That is the purpose of the medic class. You wanna run around just killing *****, you play the assault class. Don't touch the other classes if you're not gonna play them properly. You run support, your ass had best be resupplying ammo. You wanna run engineer, i had best see some leveled buildings and destroyed vehicles everywhere.

Call of Duty is absolutely a teamwork game. And getting randoms to work together is possible. The problem is 90% of mic users would rather blast music and annoy others with overused "I screwed your mom" jokes..

VGA_FatedScythe777
in reply to VGA_FatedScythe777

@VGA_FatedScythe777 wrote:

Call of Duty is no more a team work game than Battlefield. Have you played Battlefield 1 recently? No one plays the classes properly. If you play a medic it's your job to heal other players. That is the purpose of the medic class. You wanna run around just killing *****, you play the assault class. Don't touch the other classes if you're not gonna play them properly. You run support, your ass had best be resupplying ammo. You wanna run engineer, i had best see some leveled buildings and destroyed vehicles everywhere.

Call of Duty is absolutely a teamwork game. And getting randoms to work together is possible. The problem is 90% of mic users would rather blast music and annoy others with overused "I screwed your mom" jokes..

That's pretty much what I was getting at. And back cods glory days, randoms played as a team all the time. I remember 1 session on bo1. The same 12 guys stayed in the same dom lobby for about 5 hours. We had a great time no matter who was on who's team, or who won. Those are the days of cod I miss the most. 

gotsomestars Level 75
in reply to gotsomestars

@gotsomestars wrote:

That's pretty much what I was getting at. And back cods glory days, randoms played as a team all the time. I remember 1 session on bo1. The same 12 guys stayed in the same dom lobby for about 5 hours. We had a great time no matter who was on who's team, or who won. Those are the days of cod I miss the most. 

That is how it was back in MW2 for me. I agree, that was fun but long gone. We use to lock up FFA lobbies and play in the same lobbies all night. There were nights that we never saw a random if we had enough people on. If I had more time to play this game I would consider making an account for partying up only and just not care how bad the game peforms and just mess around. I think I would have a hard time finding people that would do that though.

MurkBeserk Level 75
in reply to VGA_FatedScythe777

The problem is 90% of mic users would rather blast music and annoy others with overused "I screwed your mom" jokes..

Yep, this is a good example of the problem. I have been down on the health packs because I know it won't play well in this game anymore based on how people are in this game now. I don't even run a mic anymore for the simple reason I don't want to be tempted to respond to the stupid stuff that goes on in this game. I don't party up cause it causes too much lag and performance issues. Most of the time I am being called a cheater, hacker or modder by mic users cause I did well, even from people on my own team. People on your own team in IW actually get mad at you for doing well. Played a few games yesterday and I had a decent game, nothing crazy but went something like 36 and 9 in TDM and my own team mate called me a try hard. That is what this game has become, it is anti-social, it is no longer a team game and doubt it ever will be at least with random lobbies.

Not saying I am for this but if you want to make this a team game, you need to remove public individual stats and only put up team based stats unless it is something like FFA. Make most of the challenges based around team accomplishments. I am guessing at this point that might not even work but it's the only way I can see them moving away from the solo slayer only, at least to some extent.

MurkBeserk Level 75
in reply to Spongebob216

Indeed health packs would make it very boring.The fairy tale of teamwork between randoms is just a flat out lie:everybody thinks for themselves,you can see it in any game,from mobas to fps.Hopefully it will remain a single player feature and the online will remain the fast skill based fps that we know,rather than a boring hiding fest to camp a health pack.

_DOMIAS_

Studios