I'm done with call of duty

World War II General Discussion

It's been awhile since Ive posted anything but it doesn't mean I haven't been playing. I have a job, five kids, I'm 52 believe it or not and guess what I'm a gamer! Ive played the COD franchise since it's inception so it pains me to say I'm done. It REALLY does. I spent $150.00 on two copies (rounding) one was the pimped out version! I returned them for $26.00 each at Game Stop last week. Yeah super smart right! Here's the thing I was on the fence over the whole thing but I love the game and the stress relief it provides and we all know Modern Warfare remastered saved Infinite Warfare. YOU KNOW IT DID! WWII is cool but it's a flop. In totally frustration I finally listened to one of my sons and picked up Rainbow Six.  WOW did I say I'm done with Call of Duty? Here's the thing COD, you guys are supposed to be the best! You need to go back to the drawing board and find a way to compete again. If you don't I hope you find a new job somewhere and that they will listen to what a modern shooter should and can be.  #RB6foreverCOD-NEVER! Best Regards, GamingBeforeYouWereBorn

GamingB4Uwereborn
25 REPLIES 25
MW:R aside, the last decent CoD game was the original BlOps. That was what, 5/6 years ago?

Let's be honest, the talent all went out the door when West and Zampella left and took most of IW with them.

3arc are still living off the success of BlOps, fake IW and the others are just nowhere near the required standard.

Thing is, they have no incentive to change. They knock out another garbage game, it sells like hot cakes.

WW2, there's the kernel of a decent game there, but one bad decision after another has cut its legs off, and it's now a mess. I can't see them fixing it TBH. Given that every fix brings about more problems, and just makes the game worse, perhaps they should just stop trying before they completely, and utterly, kill the game. If they haven't already....
Bester1976

I'm with both of you on this, BO1 was the last decent cod for me.

Cant believe how bad its got since? 

That game was so well balanced, for everything there was a counter. 

Weapons varied and some brilliant maps.  All of which played that you could use any weapon effectively.

This time we are treated to more of this 3 lane super small no imagination rubbish.

I cant believe I was stupid enough to buy another cod as after the total abortion that AW was I said I wouldnt again.

Seems the WW2 beta was a much better game than the full release!

UK ScorpZ

I bought Black Ops again for my Xbox. Played a few rounds of MP and my God its so much better. Maps are really well designed on it, I didnt find everyone jumpimg around like bunnies for a kill and it was so much more fun than ww2.

Only complaints were the spawns were still horrible and the MASSIVE aim assist on weapons.

www.Youtube.com/TheVideoGameHistorian - Taking a look at the history behind the games we play
Baconsrebellion

Personally, I'm enjoying WWII. I like the re-imagined create-a-class and the old-fashioned weapons. I love this game so much.

Stickywaw

@Stickywaw wrote:

Personally, I'm enjoying WWII. I like the re-imagined create-a-class and the old-fashioned weapons. I love this game so much.

Honestly I do think that the divisions is a good addition however they need to work on it and refine it even more. Each division should have perks to make them worth using over others and worth using with the weapons for that division. Personally I think all weapons should be division locked so only the mountain division can run snipers only the airbourne can run smgs etc or have it so youre at a disadvantage if you run smg on mountain (because right now you are silent in running and only disadvantage is showing up on the radar when you fire your gun...not much of a disadvantage).

www.Youtube.com/TheVideoGameHistorian - Taking a look at the history behind the games we play
Baconsrebellion

@Baconsrebellion wrote:

@Stickywaw wrote:

Honestly I do think that the divisions is a good addition however they need to work on it and refine it even more. Each division should have perks to make them worth using over others and worth using with the weapons for that division. Personally I think all weapons should be division locked so only the mountain division can run snipers only the airbourne can run smgs etc or have it so youre at a disadvantage if you run smg on mountain (because right now you are silent in running and only disadvantage is showing up on the radar when you fire your gun...not much of a disadvantage).

@Baconsrebellion wrote:

@Stickywaw wrote:

I like the division system, but I understand how some might think it could need some improvement. As for locking weapons to specific divisions, I feel like CoD fans are too used to being spoiled for that to succeed. I personally like it, but I'm looking forward to see how it evolves in future CoD titles. However I feel like even if they do lock weapons behind specific divisions, people will find a way around it using the rifleman basic training. Currently, I use it in my expiditionary class, where the PPSh is my primary and the sawn-off shotgun is my secondary, which still allows me to use incendiery shells. It's actually one of my favorite classes to run on tight maps, because I feel effective at all close to medium ranges, and the switchout speed to the shotgun is rather quick, so in the common situation of running a magazine dry and having to switch a magazine, it works as well as a pistol, but with the added benefit of firepower and of course the spread of a shotgun.

Stickywaw

If you fellas are on XB1 and fancy playing BO1 add me:

UK ScorpZ

Smiley Happy

UK ScorpZ

UK ScorpZ schrieb:

If you fellas are on XB1 and fancy playing BO1 add me:

UK ScorpZ

Smiley Happy

First time I´m sad I´m on PS4. Giving WW2 a last try for now. Hardliner indeed. Smiley Tongue

Horrorman Level 75
Im on both PS4 and X1. Have WW2 for PS4 and do most of my gaming there. Only just got an X1 last week.
Baconsrebellion

Studios