If it's only American soldiers then I'm done.

World War II General Discussion

I'm not gonna even try to convince you people anymore. You're too stupid. You just want to believe on fairy tales...Morons

Stevejan7
Excuse me. Fairy Tales?

You are going to have to explain that one, because every argument you have made thus far is beyond outlandish.

Was the number on my Uncle's arm a Fairy Tale?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

You're the loon who thinks every German soldierwho was DRAFTED and weren't even old enough to vote when Hitler was elected was evil. Bull. Go do some research. Moron

Stevejan7
I didn't say that.

I've done plenty of research. I've been there. I have talked to family members who served.

Nobody here has said every German soldier was "evil". But the movement in Germany was, quite simply, evil. You forget that the NAZI party wasn't just some entity that magically appeared. It was an entity of the people. It grew, much of it through national pride and shared beliefs. Yeah, many were drafted, but many also were willing and eager to join. But like any entity, the story isn't about it's individual members, it's about what they did as a whole and what the whole represented. Because Germany pretty much was run by the NAZI party, the entire country was complicit in their actions. It doesn't make everyone evil. It doesn't make all the soldiers bad guys. But they were fighting for an evil cause under evil leadership that did very evil things. And far too many were either bystanders to or directly responsible for the atrocities that occurred.

Not great fodder for story-telling. It's nearly impossible to extricate the individual soldier's story from the greater issues of the powers they served.

Take the Ku Klux Klan in America. Not every member of the KKK is a horrible monster of a person. There have been Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Civil Servants involved. There have been Mothers and Fathers and Grandparents involved. Many were probably very active in their communities. Many probably have done good deeds in their lives, maybe even heroic. But the organization they are a member of is Evil, and has evil intentions. Unless one of those members chose to sabotage the organization or got out and did some sort of damage to the cause, it's not a story that anyone would want to tell or that would inspire anyone.

Perhaps if they told the story of a German Soldier who realized what was happening and actively worked to help the Allies and abandon the German Army, it would work as part of a story here. Perhaps there will even be an extraneous character in THIS story that defected from Germany to fight for the Allies.

What we know is that the story is going to follow a young American Soldier through his experiences in the war, seeing through his eyes others that are involved in the conflict (British Intelligence Officers, French Resistance, and, who knows, perhaps German defectors or Germans that turned and became spies).

No need to call anyone names. I've been perfectly civil to you and the name-calling is unnecessary.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

The allies from ww1 were directly responsible for the nazi party though. They Treaty of Versailles killed Germany and its people. The allies were responsible for ww2 in the first place. And if you don't think Britain, France, and other allied nations didn't have their own interests at heart after ww1, you are dead wrong. And look, I'm not saying the German government wasn't evil I'm just saying an 18 German kid in the army takes no blame for the atrocities committed by the government. Some people say the present American government is evil, so do you think that American civilians and soldiers are bystanders and share the blame? Like I said before, the nazis outlawed firearms, which effectively stopped any kind of revolution. And trust me, having relatives who lived in Germany at the time, they didn't want to be there nor did they like the nazis.

Stevejan7

@Stevejan7 wrote:

The allies from ww1 were directly responsible for the nazi party though. .

Wow by this absolutely skewed logic, the cause of war 2 could be atrtributed to the ottoman empire failing, or the we could go back even further and blame the nations that allowed the ottoman empire to rise . Actually no lets just simplify the whole thing and blame the Black Hand for being the point at which the seeds of ww2 were planted when they assinated the arch duke that set of ww1.

If you're trying to say here that the rise of the nazi party was because the allies were mean to poor old germany after they losy ww1 then thats a really flawed argument, it also demonstrates your insistance on taking a historical fact and then arguing its wrong by one single seperate part of a much wider and more complicated issue.

But lets be clear here , well not us more you who seem to have massive gaps in your historical knowledge, the nazi party existed long before ww2 it predated it by at least 20 years. GERMANY was flouting the treaty of versailles long before the war broke out or the nazi party came to power.  The majority of Germans ( thats germans as in normal people not NAZIS) rejected the wiemer republic , the remilitarization of the rhineland, the failure of the stresa front. annexing Austria, and the fact the italians and other coutries started conquering other regions were all factors that lead to the outbreak of ww2 . NOT your simplictic view that it was the allies punishing germany after ww1. The imperialistic dreams of the german government and military didnt end at ww1. There is actually a very good argument to be made that ww2 was just merely and continaution of ww1 and one many historians accept as fact.

Basically sparky,  you're insulting us and telling us we beleive in fairy tales when it is in fact you who have major gaps in basic world history. I assure you this is a stand point that isn't going to allow you to come out on top on this thread. I can't speak for anyone ese but myself but I am pretty certian I've forgotted more about ww2 then you have actualy ever learnt. ( a point i think i've demonstrated quite a few times now)

but just so we're clear and to /thread this merry go round.

all we said and i'll say it again. NO ONE said all germans were nazis, only all nazis were 

100% you will NOT be playing an axis soldier in the campaign

The campaign features a german family and two german sisters featured in the list of characters

The Holocaust is featured,

Oh and i take back my suggestion that you should really play the game when it comes out, considering the game WILL feature the holocaust  it might upset your fragile views

Maccabi Level 75

Even a complete idiot could have guessed the treaty of Versailles would lead to another war. All the limits they put on Germany...no army, Air Force and they took away Germany's land. They blamed Germany for straying ww1 when they had no part in what caused it in the first place. Of course the Germans were unhappy with the Weimar Republic. They lost their sovereignty to the victors of ww1. The allies went about the Versailles treaty completely wrong (mostly Woodrow Wilson's fault. Why do you think Germany elected Hitler in the first place? They lost everything after ww1 and they wanted their identity back. They didn't know Hitler's true intentions because Hitler told them what they wanted to hear. The average German soldier was no "bystander." These 18 year old kids had no idea why they were at war all they knew was that they were forced to fight. The average dead German soldier was no less honorable than a dead American or brit. 

Stevejan7

Once again. If you can't make your point without attempting to insult the person having the discussion,  your point isn't worth making.. 

If you want to participate in a discussion or debate, try using a little common sense. 

There are a few people giving your ridiculous idea the time of day. So try being a little more respectful or you'll find yourself talking to a wall.

gotsomestars Level 75
And you show your complete ignorance by stating that I would be offended by a portrayal of the holocost in th game, dumb ass. I have stated repeatedly that I realize the nazi government was not good. All I am saying is that The majority of the German were not nazis and not to blame for the holocost or the war.
Stevejan7
Highlighted

@Stevejan7 wrote:
And you show your complete ignorance by stating that I would be offended by a portrayal of the holocost in th game, dumb ass. I have stated repeatedly that I realize the nazi government was not good. All I am saying is that The majority of the German were not nazis and not to blame for the holocost or the war.

holocaust... if you're going to continue this utterly pointless discussion topic then at least have the decency to spell the word correctly.

That aside not replying again to you as you seem to lack basic fundementals when it comes to interacting with people who are obviously your betters

Maccabi Level 75

Studios