If it's only American soldiers then I'm done.

World War II General Discussion

@FalconR6 wrote:

Just wanted to say that this thread is very interesting. I see the debate circling around how a game developer should approach an historical war setting.   What to include, and how may such areas be included ?    We are all going to have our own ideas on how history is to be communicated via a game.

Just like any movie which is based on a historical event,  game direction/emphasis/story line is never going to fully encapsulate an individual viewer's desires.    There are so many stories to be told.

As long as we don't end up like some american films like u571 where they rewrote history so the americans got the enigma machine and saved the war  #facepalm

I honestly have zero issues with the main protagonists being american, it makes sense esp if the campaign starts around dday. It would be a shame though as they then leave out so much that happened before then, as some earlier mentioned there was the dinkirk evac, that would make such a great level and would be full of the tye of drama we expect in a proper cod campaign level,

@FalconR6 wrote:

I just ask that all forum members respect each others opinions and viewpoints Smiley Happy    It is very easy in such a discussion to put forward a statement which may be taken out of context by a reader., especially considering  sensitivities and the complexity of war. Topics that can be challenging should be taken with care Smiley Happy

I was actually going to ping you about this privately but think it actually might be better suited for open discussion... given the topics that will be featured in codwwii, and the bound to happen comments that we are likely to see from the same sort of people who make swastika emblems. I really hope there will be a firm zero tolerance stance and punishment to  any and all racist or anti semetic content posted. Same way peope lose emblem making rights for life the same level of punishment should be issued for posting on accounts.

Maccabi Level 75

Is multiplayer going to be US vs. GER only? Well that sucks really bad. What happened to CoD with multiple factions like in WaW? 

Foot_Elite_Guard

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

Is multiplayer going to be US vs. GER only? Well that sucks really bad. What happened to CoD with multiple factions like in WaW? 

nope it will be allied vrs axis 

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabi wrote:

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

Good to hear. Any place where you get more information about CoD WW ll?

Foot_Elite_Guard

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

@Maccabi wrote:

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

alot of the gaming sites have written what we know so far articles for codwwii.

information currently is rather scant still 

but for a one stop shop

charlieintel.com   is the best place for news and info and its all checked for accuracy 

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabi wrote:

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

@Maccabi wrote:

@Foot_Elite_Guard wrote:

alot of the gaming sites have written what we know so far articles for codwwii.

information currently is rather scant still 

but for a one stop shop

charlieintel.com   is the best place for news and info and its all checked for accuracy 

I personally can't stand CharlieIntel this time of year. By the time players are done watching CharlieIntel for the next 6 months.... they'll be ready for news on Treyarchs next release come Nov 3rd.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Huh? Nah. We know that US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain are all in the game.  So it'd be US/UK/France vs Spain/Germany/Italy seems fair. 

Of course MP isn't revealed yet so we have no definitive confirmation yet.

liquid-ocelot22

@liquid-ocelot22 wrote:

Huh? Nah. We know that US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain are all in the game.  So it'd be US/UK/France vs Spain/Germany/Italy seems fair. 

Of course MP isn't revealed yet so we have no definitive confirmation yet.

spain was nuetral in ww2

its most likely going to be  just for possible customization options

allies- Uk,Us,French,Russian  (maybe canadian or australians)

Axis - Germany , Italy , maybe some other countries like hungary/bulgaria id like to see vichy french forces too

oh and almost 100% gingerbreadmen 

Maccabi Level 75

Well, I just want to tell you that Hungary is not a Slavic country.

_FEANOR_
Highlighted

@_FEANOR_ wrote:

Well, I just want to tell you that Hungary is not a Slavic country.

I wasn't sure what you were on about and went back through my posts, my bad i worded that really badly  , was actually vaguely aware of this fact but corrected it now good catch 

Maccabi Level 75

Studios