If it's only American soldiers then I'm done.

World War II General Discussion

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:
A good story tops all.

If you are more concerned about the Nationality of the Protagonist, you haven't learned anything from that war to begin with.

We should just refer to this as the band of brothers rule from now on.

Maccabi Level 75

@adam360 wrote:

There are thousands of great stories that need to be told and some could make for really compelling games. Yet Activision seems hell bent on focusing on America. It's tiring and boring.

WW2 went on for 6 years, America was in it for 3. You think that maybe something interesting happened in those 3 years? Nah, America wasn't in it. Impossible.

Tell the story of the French resistance that was under the Nazi thumb for pretty much the duration of the war or you know anybody else. Britain was in it for it's entirity and Call of Duty's most well known character was a brit, see what the actual beginning of the war was like. Russia too. The polish who probably suffered the most under Nazi threat. Even fighting as a Nazi soilder who is having problems with the Nazi regieme would be a interesting choice. I've literally just came up with stories there that will most likely be more intruiging than what we're all used to from the modern Activision.

My prediction now for the COD:WW2 story will be something like the 'Band of Brothers' TV show. You'll form a bond with your squad, there will be 2 actual brothers. One will die.. cry cry. "We must fight on for Tommy" yada yada, America liberates and wins the war, American Flags fly. Tanks come crashing through a wall etc etc, yawn.

Yes there are still American Stories that do need to be told but if that's all the game is limiting itself to then in my eyes it's a failure. Hope i'm wrong.

The game hasn't been even shown yet... and you wanna quit.

oy vey.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75
Maybe he's French?

Too soon?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:
Maybe he's French?

Too soon?

HAHA

Pre-quit FTW. Do you get an in-game bonus?

Oh, wait.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

lmao! Supply drop is on it's way! Smiley Wink

ZvErS

lol

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

The upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II will have an Imperial-focused campaign so I don't see why there shouldn't be any reason not to have a German campaign if done right. There's a movie, Generation War, which shows the war from the German perspective and I'd say it's a great movie which looks at the human aspect of the fighting.

OrangeFr3ak

@OrangeFr3ak wrote:

The upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II will have an Imperial-focused campaign so I don't see why there shouldn't be any reason not to have a German campaign if done right. There's a movie, Generation War, which shows the war from the German perspective and I'd say it's a great movie which looks at the human aspect of the fighting.

huh?

Earth to Orange 

Star wars = made believe

Third Reich = Actual horrible events by horrible people

not the same fella. 

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

@Izjar11 wrote:

@OrangeFr3ak wrote:

huh?

Earth to Orange 

Star wars = made believe

Third Reich = Actual horrible events by horrible people

not the same fella. 

I would like to present my thesis for peer review...

its entitled 

How the German offensive on the Eastern Front failed , lessens that could be learnt from the invasion of Hoth

Maccabi Level 75
Do you suppose the Empire ate their Taun-Tauns like the Germans resorted to eating their German Shepherds?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios