World War II General Discussion

I am a huge supporter of the COD WWII series that is coming out now, I feel its perfect for the getting back on the track of REAL events versus some halo crap.

Now, here are my suggestions for the Developers.
1) Custom Killstreaks: Basically you get a standard kill streak and when you use them, they can be customized to do different things. (if there are mortars, which im certain there will be, You can choose flares, you can choose incindiary, you can choose if they are explosive. and you can choose what they are in the customize your loadout area. They have the ability to do certain tasks.(You can talk about it more with your coders)
2) Kill streak DLC: What if you want more kilstreaks to be used. Instead of having a predetermined set of killstreaks like in MW3, you can buy alternate skins, you can buy killstreaks that are alternate to the way you play.

Those are some things I would LOVE to see implemented into the game.

Oh and before I go, Waht if people who purchase the Deluxe edition get a prestigious killstreak, perhaps after 5 kills you get all your ammo completely replenished for your loadout so you have a higher chance of getting more kils with your gun rather than your killstreaks.

Just a thought. Thanks cod community!!!!

PlayerLoaded
31 REPLIES 31

Well, afew come to mind that have been used in previous CoDs but do fit teh era:

Spy plane

Mortar barage

Heavy artillery barage

Attack dogs 

Straifing run (machine guns, arial cannons)

Smoke screen barage???

Carpet bomb run

Naval ship bombardment

flamethrower?

That's all that comes to mind right now. I hope they keep it simple. I wouldn't mind a Offensive and Defensive set of streaks WW2 style. That would be cool. WW2 style juggernaut suit in DOM anyone?!?!

ZvErS
People should never get a streak simply because they bought a particular edition of the game.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
in reply to NiceDrewishFela
i like how you skipped over the other things I pointed out in the OP.
PlayerLoaded
Honestly, pretty much the entire post didn't focus on Kill Streak Ideas, but ideas for add ons that would cost the user.

Sorry for pointing out something that was in your post. I feel like perhaps we should discuss what might be in the game as a Kill Streak before asking them to take more of our money?

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I'm going to go with the comical route for possible killstreaks: 

1. Raining dogs - A high level score streak where a Douglas C-47 (those U.S. paratrooper planes) flies over the battlefield and drops out a bunch of paratroopers. The other team quivers, quakes, and trembles in fear as the sounds of barking fall closer and closer as those distant parachutes draw near. The dogs would then land all over the battlefield and proceed to run down up to two enemies before retreating. 

2. Bread before bullets - The moment you active this score streak all enemy team members, that are alive, have half of their total ammo for their currently equipped weapon transform into "bread ammo." They can still kill people with it, but only with the strength and furiosity of bread. It last 10 seconds. 

3. Yes you can - This high level score streak turns you into a super soldier, AKA Steve Rodgers (Captain America). For a sweet and brief 20 second period bullets reflect off of you, any kind of melee attack you perform will instant kill enemies, and you can fire without needing to reload. However, grenades and explosives still do normal damage. 

I may throw in some others later. Smiley Wink

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator
Alright, I figured this would not be taken seriously, however, I have an example of what I was talking about.

If Dogs are able to be used in this game, why not allow a killstreak alteration that changes your Dog killstreak to Zombies. When you reach a certain level in zombies, you can unlock this feature so you can use it in multiplayer as a way to show you are not only good at the Zombies section of the game, but to also make people freak out that the zombies have infiltrated the game.
PlayerLoaded

I just feel asking for add ons before we even know what the Kill Streaks are is an exercise in futility.

Also, I strongly feel Zombies should stay in Zombies, especially in a game set in a historical context. I personally don't want to see them in Multiplayer in any form.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Haha, well I was just joking because I was actually expected you to get a lot more of the serious responses, but the dogs aren't too far off since that existed in World at War. Some actual Kill Streak/Score Streaks I'd be interested in seeing are: 

1. Phosphorous Strike - does a small amount of damage over time over a large area and distorts vision. 
  2. Generic Artillery Barrage - Just straight damage in several small designated areas.
  3. Spy Plane - Equivalent of the UAV.
  4. Supply Drop - A resupply crate that your team, or the enemy team, can use to rearm for both ammo and lethal/tactical.
  5. Overwatch - You can designate a medium sized circular area, which all players can see outlined, and if any enemy team member enters it then AI aimed artillery is fired at them with poor accuracy. Meant as a deteriment for certain areas and especially useful for objective based modes. It would be fairly short lived.
  6. Reinforce - Equivalent of a sentry turret, except it is an AI controlled mounted MG42, or equivalent, that you place down in one area. It is powerful, but the AI unit can be sniped off of it and then it can be manned by any player. It isn't limited time, but it can be destroyed. 
  7. Bombing Run - A high end score streak that can only be used once per match. For sixty seconds planes blanket the entire map with randomly dropped bombs. This would only work if all maps had several underground or indoor areas that the enemy team could use to hide from this, but it is still meant to be incredibly powerful and hard to earn. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

How about a P-38 Lighting Strafing Run.  Call in a group of 4, flying a line abreast, for a single run. 

I like your "Reinforce" idea. 

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
The_Birdman62#3632146 Level 75

Studios