World War II General Discussion

So.... I don't know if someone else is concerned about this, but I am and that's why I'm writing this post. 

When they confirmed the 2 classic ww2 machine guns (MG42 and Browning M1919) I got really excited, because I loved using those weapons back in Waw, but in the alpha, we haven't seen those guns as portable weapons yet, we only had 2 LMG's so far, and they are WW1 Lmg's (Lewis Gun and MG15). We haven't seen either the Mg42 or the Browning as weapons to run around with. And what's worse, whe only saw the MG42 as a MOUNTED WEAPON, and I am pretty sure the MG in the tank at the war mode, is the browning. I am really concerned that they don't include these guns as customizable weapons, they are WW2 classics. Any of you guys are concerned about that too? 

And btw, why is the BAR classified as an assault rifle? As far as I can tell, that is an LMG.

SOH972
15 REPLIES 15

@SOH972 wrote:

So.... I don't know if someone else is concerned about this, but I am and that's why I'm writing this post. 

When they confirmed the 2 classic ww2 machine guns (MG42 and Browning M1919) I got really excited, because I loved using those weapons back in Waw, but in the alpha, we haven't seen those guns as portable weapons yet, we only had 2 LMG's so far, and they are WW1 Lmg's (Lewis Gun and MG15). We haven't seen either the Mg42 or the Browning as weapons to run around with. And what's worse, whe only saw the MG42 as a MOUNTED WEAPON, and I am pretty sure the MG in the tank at the war mode, is the browning. I am really concerned that they don't include these guns as customizable weapons, they are WW2 classics. Any of you guys are concerned about that too? 

And btw, why is the BAR classified as an assault rifle? As far as I can tell, that is an LMG.

More guns are most certainly coming. This is an early build so I wouldn't be worried about lack of guns at this point. They didn't want to show us everything, I believe. 

Foot_Elite_Guard
in reply to Foot_Elite_Guard

Yeah, I know this is an early alpha build and they are OBVIOUSLY adding more guns even for the beta, I just say that it's quite concerning (at least for me) that the first LMG's they reveal don't include the MG42 and are from WW1. I can't understand why they would add a MG15 and a Lewis gun, existing other WW2 LMG's like the Browning M1919, the Bren, or even the FG42. I am aware that those 2 guns were also used in WW2, but they could've added any of those guns I listed.

SOH972

Did you make this post honestly thinking that these weapons would not be in the game as carry on? I find it really hard to believe there are people who put this little amount of thought into things.

The bar has a lot of ideas about it. But one main thing that pops up is that because it is chambered in .30-06 it is too powerful for the time to be considered an Assault rifle however it was shoulderable and the mag size was quite small one problem was that during WW2 the designer decided to remove the firing mode switch to make it a full auto weapon but made the mistake of not redsigning the feeding system to allow it to be belt fed. So yes it is techincally a LMG but people call it a Battle Rifle. 

St0newa11

QIt was an alpha build. We haven't seen a lot of weapons. No single russian weapon for example.

They may have shown the lewis gun and the mg15, because those to lmg's are new in cod.

And the Browning automatic rifle sits between the automatic rifles and the lmg's

You can't give real covering fire, because if the small mag.

In use more a rifle than and long

The rounds and fire rate more lmg.

I think this time the mag size was the divisive factor. For balance it might have more recoil than the m1 garand

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

" WW1 Lmg's (Lewis Gun and MG15)"

The mg15 in the game was designed in the 1920's,your confusing it with the bergman mg15nA,which was used in WW1.

Sholderboulder
in reply to Sholderboulder

Yeah I took notice of that, I thought it was a Mg15 n.a variant because they are both german guns and because of the number 15. But I can't understand why they would put the Lewis gun instead of the bren for example (I am aware the lewis was also used in ww2). They could've replaced it with the soviet LMG, the DP28. In the multiplayer trailer i spotted a pps43 so I can assume they are including Soviets in the final game. Which gives me more hope to see the ppsh.

SOH972

I don't know why on earth they picked the Lewis gun since it had been mostly phased out by the Bren for an infantry support weapon. As for the MG15 it's not actually a WWI gun but it's an aircraft mounted machine gun in wwii with the same name and was rarely if ever used by infantry. *face palm* Here I thought the devs were doing their "research" But alas they will hopefully add the MG34, Bren, and the M1919A4 before the release.

Comrad18

I don't think the MG34 makes it to the final game, it's very similar looking to the MG15 imho. Hopefully the bren and the Browning M1919A4 make it (but not as mounted guns) to the LMG section. But no way the MG34 makes it before the MG42.

SOH972

Ahhh, nothing like coming to a video game forum and realizing I don't jack ish about WWII weapons. Shouldn't surprise me, seeing as how I also incorrectly attributed the dog warfare to the Germans instead of the Russians. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Studios