Lets hope the team balancing is better.

World War II General Discussion

If ww2 team balance is anything like IW, I will not play it. 

Tldr 

If I'm 30 and 2 and my wife is 15 and 5, we should not be losing by 20. I can't play IW for more than a few games. Because no matter how good I play,  I can't win. And if there's no chance of winning, even when you score half of your team's kills, it's not fun. 

gotsomestars Level 75
26 REPLIES 26

Yea, hopefully they do some sort of connection based MM to form a lobby, then split up the teams more evenly from there before the match starts..I noticed a few times on occasion a hint of that in IW...there's been a couple times where it's just me and one other dude in the lobby with positive kds, and for a moment we get put on the same team, but at the last second it reshuffles and we get split up...maybe they're experimenting? Idk..but there's still too many times I'm hosed with 3-4 teammates that go severely negative, like 2-15 or worse..I remember older CoDs, if I was beasting, at least 80% of the time it was a win..I know it happens where you go off and lose, but it seems to happen way more often on IW for some reason...maybe there's just not enough in-between players..the ones that don't do incredible, but at least stay positive and help to win, and too many straight up scrubs, noobs, and others that dgaf..who knows lol...

On a side note..I've played maybe a few hours only in the past week or so, but I noticed on three separate occasions, three total different lobbies, matter of fact it was probably three different days lol...anyway, on the other team there was a dude just standing and doing a melee over and over..never killing anyone just kept smashin R3..wtf are they doing?...I've seen people just stand there..hell I've been one of them a few times after walking away mid match for whatever reason, but why sit there and die over and over..I realize he's doing the melee to keep from getting kicked...are people possibly reverse boosting? LMAO..

James8421

I've seen them too. 

But more often than not, it's just me and 5 potatoes.  You know the type that spawns on frontier, then runs straight for that middle lane, just to die as soon as they get there.  Then they spawn again, and do the same thing. Over and over.  I could handle it if it was one game out of 5. But it's not. If I don't go 70 and 0 I lose. And that just takes the fun out of it. I have to use my best classes, I can NEVER experiment or try anything new. It's 100% try hard all the time. And most of the time it's try hard do great, look at the scoreboard and cry a little. Then leave. But I don't even know why I bother to quit. It's the same every lobby.

Today I'm old school, my wife, and me partied up. First game, we all go positive. Lose by 30. Second game I'm 26 and 12, my wife is 15 and 6, and IOS was positive. But we're losing by 20. I just quit.

I felt like crap for leaving, but there's just no point in playing when there's no chance to win. And how the hell does someone, or everyone but us, go 2 and 40???? Why would you do that to your team in tdm?? If you're gonna go negative, by that much, maybe playing a mode where each death hurts your team isn't the best idea. Maybe play dom instead. 

So then I think, maybe I'll play dom, so the potato deaths won't ensure a loss... But nope.. not only are they 2 and 30, but they also ignore the objective. 

So, for now, I think I'll just stick to bo3. At least on that game I can carry the potatoes to victory. Most of the time.

gotsomestars Level 75

Yea that's why I don't even care about my .9 w/l anymore..I know I'm 'ok' at the game..it's w/e to me now..I used to pub stomp back in the day with a few of my (real life) buddies..we were all 3+ KD players..they all dipped out on CoD after BO2..I've been solo since and my KD has been below 2 since..don't care much anymore..don't play like I used to, now days I sit in front of a 60" 4K TV and lounge in my gaming chair..still sucks the matches I really do good and end up losing...still don't understand with all the noobiness IW has people can't scrape together at least 5-10 kills..w/e hopefully WWII brings back some of the older elements and make it great..TBH tho it's been tiring since me and my friends quit playing together..if it has rig payloads and weapon variants, I might just be done playing CoD..

Edit: That's cool your wife games with you..my wife absolutely hates my gaming addiction..we have over 10 devices for gaming, and the only thing she touches is Just Dance on our Wii U lol...

James8421

@James8421 wrote:

Yea that's why I don't even care about my .9 w/l anymore..I know I'm 'ok' at the game..it's w/e to me now..I used to pub stomp back in the day with a few of my (real life) buddies..we were all 3+ KD players..they all dipped out on CoD after BO2..I've been solo since and my KD has been below 2 since..don't care much anymore..don't play like I used to, now days I sit in front of a 60" 4K TV and lounge in my gaming chair..still sucks the matches I really do good and end up losing...still don't understand with all the noobiness IW has people can't scrape together at least 5-10 kills..w/e hopefully WWII brings back some of the older elements and make it great..TBH tho it's been tiring since me and my friends quit playing together..if it has rig payloads and weapon variants, I might just be done playing CoD..

Edit: That's cool your wife games with you..my wife absolutely hates my gaming addiction..we have over 10 devices for gaming, and the only thing she touches is Just Dance on our Wii U lol...

@she's pretty good. And in any cod but this one, together we can generally carry the other 4 in tdm. She started out playing super Mario on the Wii,  then rock band, then we raided in world of Warcraft for a couple years. Then she watched me play cod, and wanted to try. It's taken a long time for her to get "pretty good". And she doesn't care for the boost crap. But it is fun to play together. The only real downside is, I get a potty mouth when the team balancing screws me over. Like I said when we were playing with @I'm_old_school we all were playing fine, all positive but we couldn't win. And even when it was just us two, no matter how good we did, we lost. And I just got fed up. Pulled the plug and threw my controller. 

I felt bad because I hadn't played with him for a while and I like playing with him, but I just reached my limit. 

gotsomestars Level 75

That's awesome..my wife is an accountant, so she's used to being all proper and sh*t, and thinks video games (the ones that I'm into anyway) are for kids..me and my old man run a home remodeling company where it's all swearing and smoking..maybe someday I'll get her to play a match lol..

James8421

Mine stays at home. She actually plays way more than I do. Particularly with IW,  but she's excited that they are going back to boots on the ground. We played the heck out of mw3 , bo2, ghosts, and even bo3. But we can't play IW for more than an hour or so. 

Hopefully ww2 will be better.

gotsomestars Level 75

@James8421 wrote:

..I realize he's doing the melee to keep from getting kicked...are people possibly reverse boosting? LMAO..

Wouldn't doubt it. I think there is SBMM in this game but could be it is only applied to high stat players which is why many don't notice it or see it. For whatever reason this game goes out of its way to put me on far away servers. If I open my Duma settings up I am guaranteed to be placed in easy coast servers or even far south which puts me at a huge disadvantage and those games have the worse lag even though my ping is around 12ms to 17ms on average and rarely deviates out of 5ms between the two as far as I can tell. Keep in mind I have two Dedi's in my state and rarely do I get placed in either one of them. Most of my games seem to be Player hosts for whatever reason. When I do get placed on those dedis my games always seem reasonably good, not perfect but more enjoyable than not.

Only explanation is its trying to match me up with other higher stat players. I also noticed a couple of months ago if I loosen my settings, along with the servers further away I get other higher stat players in the game more often than I do when I lock my settings to local games.

No other games require this type of tweaking to find decent games, it's quite annoying to be honest.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Hell i just want better team balancing period. I don't care about skill. There have been numerous times in Infinite Warfare where the teams have been so unbalanced. I'm talking 7v5 and 8v4 bullsh*t. Or a match will start and most of the players back out and it will be 2v1 the entire match, no where near the score limit and then in the last minute players are finally found. It's freaking garbage. Thats the one thing i hope Sledgehammer does better than Infinity Ward.

VGA_FatedScythe777

I always play to win but to be honest... i don't care if I do or don't anymore. Especially with things like parties, MM, and balancing... there is only so much you can do when the odds are stacked for or against you.

I will hope balancing gets better for your sake.. but what needs to happen for that to happen? Kinda reminds me of why SHG focused on SBMM in AW... "And yes, to a lesser extent skill as a component of matchmaking is important, too. We believe that it adds a level of fairness in the mechanism for team balance and individual enjoyment." from... CharlieIntel: Condrey Talks SBMM in AW

I'm perfectly fine with that. But we know how vocal many were during that time. Some players love beating up on those potatoes. Smiley Wink

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Studios