Lets hope the team balancing is better.

World War II General Discussion

No partys won't happen.

A filter for kicking people with 100 ms ping or higher getting kickes sounds good

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Yea. I wouldn't want no parties to happen. On the rare occasion that I am on at the same time as my friends, I want to play with them.

The big issue in parties is when they are made up of people from all over the country/world. But, I can ping Europe in right around 100ms. So I think 100ms from the average is pretty fair. I'd guess the average ping in lobbies is right around 75ish. So the high ping guy would be able to stay in the game with his friends more often than not. And I don't know too many folks that would even want to stay in a game with a ping nearing 200ms. 

But, it would drastically improve gameplay overall. Particularly in Europe where matchmaking has been aids for the last couple years anyway.

If it were up to me I'd add a few more server locations as well. One in the middle East region. One for eastern and one for western Australia. One for South America,  one for central America/Mexico. And I'd prolly add at least one more to the Midwest USA. But, I don't get to make those calls unfortunately. 

gotsomestars Level 75

I'll just list stuff ..

SBMM - NO, just NO it allows players to manipulate the matchmaking to their advantage if they play anything other than solo, and created that ridiculous situation of reverse boosting. 

Parties - should not go just on the party leader

Bars - no issues if they remain as long as they do what bo3 did and allow actual ping to be shown as well, and they state in game what each bar represents.

A version of Ghosts geolocation alogirthm as that addressed the main issue with the system falsely reporting locations and ip addresses

Players given an option of local / wide searching - based on both distance and a max ping of 100ms for local only ( EXCEPT where a pre defined low pop play list is being searched for) 

No repopulating if a people drop out of a match.

then i'd be happy 

Maccabi Level 75

Lol the bo3 geolocation system sometimes still says I'm 3000 miles+ away from my actual location. 

The only thing I don't like about not repopulating the match is, most games would end in forfeit. Or 6v1 or 2. Quitting has become the norm. Very very rarely does a match end with the same 12 that it started with. What do you think about filling it with bots?

gotsomestars Level 75

@gotsomestars wrote:

Lol the bo3 geolocation system sometimes still says I'm 3000 miles+ away from my actual location. 

The only thing I don't like about not repopulating the match is, most games would end in forfeit. Or 6v1 or 2. Quitting has become the norm. Very very rarely does a match end with the same 12 that it started with. What do you think about filling it with bots?

bots are fine although it dramtically increases server load 

The problem with repopulating is it causes issues for the existing players, it throws off all the ( and im loathe to say this phrase ) lag comp algorithms for a while, plus you have that issue where the game goes wappy for a while ,you also have the issue where people join a loosing team then leave again as they get put onto a loosing team.

My personal opinion is not re populating is the lesser of two evils, given most people seem to quit when their team is loosing it just drags out the eventual win for the other team.

Maccabi Level 75

@Maccabi wrote:

@gotsomestars wrote:

bots are fine although it dramtically increases server load 

The problem with repopulating is it causes issues for the existing players, it throws off all the ( and im loathe to say this phrase ) lag comp algorithms for a while, plus you have that issue where the game goes wappy for a while ,you also have the issue where people join a loosing team then leave again as they get put onto a loosing team.

My personal opinion is not re populating is the lesser of two evils, given most people seem to quit when their team is loosing it just drags out the eventual win for the other team.

Very true. I think tomorrow when I play I'll try and keep track of how often people quit. I may be looking at it through my biased glasses, but it "seems" like people quit more than they used to.

Every time I get a warden at least one person on the other team leaves. Most of the time it's 2 or 3.

gotsomestars Level 75

@gotsomestars wrote:

Very true. I think tomorrow when I play I'll try and keep track of how often people quit. I may be looking at it through my biased glasses, but it "seems" like people quit more than they used to.

Every time I get a warden at least one person on the other team leaves. Most of the time it's 2 or 3.

There is an argument to made then that people quit matches due to the over powered score streaks , same thing happens to me if i call in raps and wraith on bo3 Smiley Happy

Maccabi Level 75

Studios