March Community Spotlight - Iceman833

World War II General Discussion

Highlighted

March Community Spotlight - Iceman833

badge.png

The Community Spotlight showcases those who are found helpful within the Community Forums or the Activision Ambassador Program. 

The Activision Community Team chooses the recipient, and the beneficiaries of this honor are featured within the community and awarded a care package for their contributions.

This month’s spotlight has been a member of the Ambassador program since 2015 and is currently #1 on the Ambassador leaderboards.

-

Image uploaded from iOS (37).jpgQ: Tell us a little about yourself.

A: My name is Bret, I’m 24 and I’ve been a gamer for as long as I can remember. My mom got me into gaming at a young age and is even a gamer herself. The first video game I played was Super Mario on the Super Nintendo. It’s one of the greatest games there is, with tons of hours of gameplay. My first online gaming experience was with Call of Duty 4. I remember playing for hours with my friends from school. I was hooked!

Q: Would you mind explaining the origin of your Ambassador name?

A:  I played basketball in middle school and the name Iceman was given to me and just sort of stuck, all the way through till present day. The number 8 is for Dale Earnhardt Jr’s old racing number, and the number 3 is for Dale Earnhardt Sr. I had to add another number, so I went with another 3.

Q: What are some of your favorite games, and what makes them your favorite?

A: Nascar, Need For Speed, and Dirt are a few of my favorites, mainly because I love racing. Nascar itself got me into racing games way back on the original PlayStation. Currently, my favorite single player game is Assassins Creed Origins, and my favorite multiplayer game depending on the genre would be Call of Duty: MW2 or Dirt 3.

Q: Do you have a favorite Call of Duty title? Do you have a favorite game mode?

A: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  is my favorite COD game by far. It has the best killstreaks, weapons, and gameplay. My favorite mode is hardcore team deathmatch,  it has always been my go-to game type.  Overall, I’ve had had more success in hardcore and at one time I was even ranked 26th in hardcore tdm on Call of Duty: Ghosts. For the most part, I’m a multiplayer fan but there a lot of good campaigns out there

Q: Besides helping your fellow gamers, how else do you spend your free time? Do you have any hobbies?

A: Gaming and listening to music are what I do mostly in my free time. I listen to rock and metal, but I can listen to just about anything. Metallica, Pantera, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Bullet for my Valentine are a few of my favorite bands. I also enjoy watching Nascar and collecting Funko pops. I’m at 75 and counting, and my favorite would have to be the Crash Bandicoot chase variant.  I’m also a big fan of The Walking Dead.Image uploaded from iOS (38).jpg

Q: Do you have pets?

A: I have five dogs, three of which have been in the family for 13 years, and two cats. They are extremely playful. Taz, Max, and Snowflake are my outside dogs while Dominic, Ryder, and the cats Midnight & Molly are inside.

Image uploaded from iOS (35).jpg

Q: What has been your greatest experience in the Ambassador program? 

A: Attending the 2016 Ambassador summit at COD XP, for sure. Meeting my fellow Ambassadors and Activision staff, not to mention experiencing my first plane ride was an overall great experience and I hope to be a part of something like that again. I got a bunch of swag, got to see Snoop Dogg live, and finally got to meet everyone. It was an awesome experience.

NathanVH.jpg

Q:  You’ve held the #1 spot on the Ambassador leaderboards for a while now, what drives you to be so helpful?

A: The community and the Ambassador family is what drives me the most. As a gamer, it’s always nice to have a helpful community around when you run into an issue, and I’m glad that I can be a part of that and help other gamers and Ambassadors.

Q: What guidance would you give other Ambassadors on being more supportive within the community?

A: If you run into something you don’t know, don’t be afraid to ask for help. We’re here to help each other out. Also, take your time, be patient, and do the best you can. Respect one another.

-

Congratulations @Iceman833! Thank you for your continued support and positive presence in our community.

Community Coordinator
23 REPLIES

Re: February Community Spotlight - Iceman833

in reply to Seanicus23

Congrats!

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

He gets a shout out in general discussion haaa totally worth the work, congrats iceman maybe 10 people will see this

WESTWEEZY

in reply to WESTWEEZY

No one even knows who these people are lol. 

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

Who dis?

Another one I don't know.

Can't they do the spotlight at the ambassador forum or what ever.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

Please feel free to send us any recommendations for the spotlight. Smiley Happy  Till then, why not take this opportunity to congratulate this months spotlight and extend to them the same courtesy you would someone you know?  This is a celebratory post, no need for negativity.

Community Coordinator

in reply to _Pwnies_

@_Pwnies_ wrote:

Please feel free to send us any recommendations for the spotlight. Smiley Happy  Till then, why not take this opportunity to congratulate this months spotlight and extend to them the same courtesy you would someone you know?  This is a celebratory post, no need for negativity.

its not a "community" spotlight its an ambs spotlight ( a fact thats been bought up numerous times previously and like all feed back was promptly ignored) , those spotlighted are usually completely unknown to anyone on the codhq as ambs (unless its ones with really bad reps) as they never post here nor answer support questions on here so no one has a chance to even have a clue who they are.

as for recomending someone whats the criteria ? as yours seems to be solely are they an amb which is completely counter to the actual point of a community spotlight on a community forum thats still supposed to be the sole community hub for the franchise ( even though its nowadays ignored by the actual studios ).

The community spotlight that assist inherited off of "she who shall not be named" was probably the only good thing that came of the original hydra take over as it actually spotlighted actual community people who did stuff for the community, now most codhq people just view it as a amb program marketing tool. Which is why nearly every month these posts get a couple of replies whereas the old actual community ones got pages of replies and interaction .

If you're gonna keep to this its ambs only thing then the ambs have their own forum you can post this stuff to where it wont be replied to negatively by the actual community.

In other news personally I think its quite astounding that it's taken this long for icemans accomplishments to be spotlighted 

deja vu posting -- that feeling you've said and seen these exact same comments posted numerous times Smiley Wink 

Maccabi Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

"its not a "community" spotlight its an ambs spotlight ( a fact thats been bought up numerous times previously and like all feed back was promptly ignored)"

Apologies, but this statement is incorrect. As we have mentioned previously, we have featured more than a few forum members as well, you can view them below.  While a couple of these users are also a part of the Ambassador program, they were featured for being helpful in the community forums.

mygamertagsucks

iHattoriHanzo0

Rusted-Ace2013

N1123

BrainDead6666

L83R-DUD3

As for the criteria, we look for supportive members in the community forums and/or Ambassador program. Smiley Happy

Community Coordinator

in reply to _Pwnies_

Perception 🤪 out of those names listed isn’t all but maybe two an amb?  Also nothing against the current  person but if the profile is correct hasn’t posted in the public forums for a year or two until now?  

I actually glanced at this one just because I saw that there were some replies. 

I get why people ask that these be kept to the amb forums, can’t say congrats to someone when I haven’t seen any of there post or work so it would feel empty to me.

I don’t really reply much anymore but I still scroll through here and there. Reasons for this not really worth mentioning in this thread.

Some of the people in this thread had more badges and than just about everyone else and yes a couple here were even spotlight recipients from a previous time when the criteria was much clearer to everyone and those that got them were easily recognized by the community.

either way have yourself a good one,, btw  since I am on a mobile device iPad I won’t be able to tell if you reply to me or not... not sure if that is by design or not but it has been that way for quite some time.

MindSpazms Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

Nice to see you around again, even just for a moment, and thanks for the feedback. You and @dtuchpunk did a good job explaining why it feels odd, to say the least, to see someone getting highlighted that you don't regularly see around here. Let me explain a little bit to see if it helps at all with all of this discussion. 

We started doing the monthly spotlights again about a year ago with the idea that it would encompass all parts of the community, which we consider Ambassadors to be apart of. The idea was to rotate back and forth between Ambassadors and strictly forum members to create an even mix, but as we've said most of the people we feel that fit the criteria of the spotlight (which doesn't have any hard requirements other than being active, friendly, helpful, and supportive of your community within that specific month highlighted) have already been spotlighted. 

I know many here have argued passionately about the community here, the state of it, and how it is treated by ATVI in general, but we are always on your side. We want this community to grow and become better again, both from a support side and discussion. We've done a lot over the past two years to try do that and unfortunately some of it hasn't come to fruition for a variety of reasons that I can't divulge, but we are still ATVI Support and generally support focused as a group. 

However, despite that we've still been lucky to have people here who want to help every aspect of the community and push for that regularly. Through that we've seen some badges come to the forums, community spotlights, the occasional thread of the week, community contests in general, the switch to Lithium, the return of patch notes, better spam protection, and a few other small things that are likely not noticed. 

I know those are all kind of small things (some of which existed before in a more expansive extent - i.e. badges/contests), but all I'm trying to say is that we do care. The community that once was focused primarily here is now spread across many avenues of the internet and it isn't easy to get anyone to focus on just one of those areas, like this one, but it is on our minds constantly and whenever we can exert influence to do something that positively impacts this community we push for that. 

Community Coordinator

Studios