World War II General Discussion

Can you please nerf shotguns and LMG's they're are way too overpowerd. Especially the combat shotgun. Also I feel that SMG's are to weak. I use the BAR and kill people with 3 to 4 bullets, (usally 3 when I use advanced rifling) but when I use the PPSH, MP40, M1928, and the type 100 I can literally tell I have to shoot someone 4 to 5 times depending on the range. Don't nerf the Lewis gun though, it makes sense that its powerfull. But when I get into gunfights (which is rare because people camp in corners) someone pulls out a shotgun and I have no chance of winning. I'm also not complaing because i'm bad at the game my K/D is 1.16 and my TDM K/D is 1.40. I also have gold on the PPSH and MP40 but now it feels like it's more of a struggle to use them because wherever I go there is some kid running around killing people with a weapon that requires no skill ( a shotgun). By the way WWII is way too underrated, ignore the hate Sledgehammer you have done a great job so far and have listened to the community.

beast21tommy
9 REPLIES 9

I bet you arent only one who thinks no chance to win. Play more to improve your skills and fast aim. Shotgun is made to be powerful weapon

WhiteDiv

star trek facepalm GIF

Horrorman Level 75

@beast21tommy wrote:

, ignore the hate Sledgehammer you have done a great job so far and have listened to the community.

And that's exactly why the Shotguns are where they are right now.

Another idiot. Shotguns don't need nerfs, you're complaining about a VERY short ranged gun and a long ranged gun.

Chose one dude.

I've Always Held The Wheel
But I Let The Wind Steal My Power
ReneAensland

This game has been out for almost a year now.. there should be no nerfs to weapons that have been in game from the start.. Some newer weapons usually always end up nerfed shortly after they come out.. But for the older weapons they don't need nerfs if they need anything they need buffs.

There simply is no reason to nerf weapons at this stage..buff only

d34m34t

@beast21tommy wrote:

Can you please nerf shotguns and LMG's they're are way too overpowerd. Especially the combat shotgun. Also I feel that SMG's are to weak. I use the BAR and kill people with 3 to 4 bullets, (usally 3 when I use advanced rifling) but when I use the PPSH, MP40, M1928, and the type 100 I can literally tell I have to shoot someone 4 to 5 times depending on the range. Don't nerf the Lewis gun though, it makes sense that its powerfull. But when I get into gunfights (which is rare because people camp in corners) someone pulls out a shotgun and I have no chance of winning. I'm also not complaing because i'm bad at the game my K/D is 1.16 and my TDM K/D is 1.40. I also have gold on the PPSH and MP40 but now it feels like it's more of a struggle to use them because wherever I go there is some kid running around killing people with a weapon that requires no skill ( a shotgun). By the way WWII is way too underrated, ignore the hate Sledgehammer you have done a great job so far and have listened to the community.

You seem to be made for Hardcore mode. Shotguns are less useful, and there’s almost no such thing as 3-4 hits to kill someone. Basically any gun is 1-2 shot kill. Try it out, trust me.

Bloodloss 818

@Bloodloss 818 wrote:

@beast21tommy wrote:

Can you please nerf shotguns and LMG's they're are way too overpowerd. Especially the combat shotgun. 

You seem to be made for Hardcore mode. Shotguns are less useful, and there’s almost no such thing as 3-4 hits to kill someone. Basically any gun is 1-2 shot kill. Try it out, trust me.

Agreed.

I've Always Held The Wheel
But I Let The Wind Steal My Power
ReneAensland

Rifles slower fire rate better longer range

Smgs higher fire rate good shorter range.

Shottys good very short range

Lmgs powerful and long reloads.

Before asking for buffs and needs maybe an idea to understand how the weapons are designed in-game.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Kerb your whining. Lol

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut

Do you have any idea how much larger the rounds of LMGs are than those of SMGs? 

The fact that a Sten or an MP40 kills in fewer shots (3) than an MG42 (4) (which tears through concrete as if it were paper) is a joke and is completely unrealistic.

The MG42, Stinger (Browning irl) and Bren's ROFs in-game are half what they are in real life which too is very unrealistic

The MG42 is also surprisingly light at just 10kg (I was surprised too) and so the ADS time isn’t unreasonable.

Some of the guns in-game are rather unrealistic disappointingly. That said, your claims that LMGs are OP are entirely unfounded and I feel they've been unfairly nerfed. Allied soldiers feared MG42s for very good reason. 

I believe the MG42 should be able to kill in 3 shots (which is very modest and underpowered for it) whilst it's recoil whilst standing is nerfed. To be fair to it it also deserves a ROF buff. With the damage buff, the time to kill should at least be competitive with the Stinger at <0.18s, which is 33% faster than it is now. 

I won't go into the Bren or Stinger, but as I said before, their ROFs are currently 50% lower than their real life ROFs

As for shotguns, have you used them before? Scuff your first shot and there's a good chance you're fu****. The combat shotgun is widely accepted as being the only good shotgun in this game and only a small portion of players think the drilling's worth anything. The sawed-off and toggle action? Generally accepted to be tripe

mfshro0m

Studios