Players using 'IRA' as a clan tag, why is this allowed?

World War II General Discussion

Whoever says the IRA isn't a terrorist organisation are stupid as *****. Yeah fine, blowing up soldiers isn't terrorism, but when they go and blow up civilians is past the line of freedom fighting, and it's terrorism. They don't warn civilians when a bomb is going to explode otherwise they would have never killed civilians. The IRA originally had a justified cause to 'freedom fight', but now they have Ireland and Northern Ireland remains apart of Britain. If they don't want that, gain independence peacefully, not by blowing up innocent people.

One2Three4Five
What did you call it when the United States dropped the atomic bomb on populated cities during WW2 killing untold numbers of civilians?

What about when the USA firebombed villages during Vietnam?

Second. you would need to understand the background of the IRA to understand that there are two sides to every story. You probably have never heard of "Operation Banner" or the British deployments inside Ireland. The IRA was origianlly designed as a defensive organization based on the original IRA but began with guirella tactics against the British troops in Ireland. When you are talking about a people who see their purpose as defending their homeland from an ouside invader what do you expect?

Did the IRA get out of hand later in it's lifetime? Of course it did. Did the IRA's violence ultimately bring about some of it's goals being met? YES. The IRA's guerilla tactics directly resulted in the peace agreements that would not have happened otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with someone putting IRA as their clan tag anymore than someone putting USA as their clan tag. It's easy to see the IRA as a terrorist organization just like the British saw the US revolutionaries as a terrorist organization at one point in time.
ImKanyeWestYo

@APEX_ViPeR wrote:

Sorry to say but the IRA was not a 'terrorist organisation'. The IRA were a group of freedom fighters who fought against hundreds of years of genocide, oppression, ocupation and for the rights of Catholic people in Northern Ireland. Keep in mind thay Catholic people were treated as 2nd class citizens and got no jobs, houses, etc. They did not purposely kill innocent people, they targeted police, military and buildings and left warnings every time there was a bomb somewhere so people can be cleared from the area, hence why they were freedom fighters and not terrorists. I take it you don't get taught about the acts of Britain and the British Army in school like every other British person. If the IRA were 'terrorists' then tell me what the biggest group of mass murderers the world has ever seen (British Army) are then? 

@APEX_ViPeR wrote:

Sorry to say but the IRA was not a 'terrorist organisation'. The IRA were a group of freedom fighters who fought against hundreds of years of genocide, oppression, ocupation and for the rights of Catholic people in Northern Ireland. Keep in mind thay Catholic people were treated as 2nd class citizens and got no jobs, houses, etc. They did not purposely kill innocent people, they targeted police, military and buildings and left warnings every time there was a bomb somewhere so people can be cleared from the area, hence why they were freedom fighters and not terrorists. I take it you don't get taught about the acts of Britain and the British Army in school like every other British person. If the IRA were 'terrorists' then tell me what the biggest group of mass murderers the world has ever seen (British Army) are then? 

@APEX_ViPeR wrote:

The IRA carried out a Terrorist Attack on my town and blew up two children by planting a bomb in a bin. Sorry to tell you this but you're an absolute idiot, maybe originally the IRA was for freedom fighters but the countless terrorist attacks and intentional blowing up of civillians bloody well makes the IRA a Terrorist Organisation. No killing of innocents is acceptable on either side, the IRA killed kids and shouldn't be glorified on an Xbox game by childish little idiots like yourself.

Xxx1Shot1KillxxX

You are an idiot mate. Do you live in Ireland? I take it you are a plastic paddy from god knows where. If you are from Ireland you are an even bigger idiot. Dont come here spouting propaganda. What you said about second class citizens is true. The rest, well is just wrong.  What about the warnings that send them the wrong way into the blast.By the way I dont support loyalist terrorism either. 

RaoulMoat#9149306

Actually try genghis Khan and his Mongols

Xvs_Daniel_svX

I agree

jacktheripper_v

I'm pretty sure it wasn't allowed in some older games.. not sure why that would have changed.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Just kids trolling, if you saw PIRA or INLA then that's prob somebody with a bit more knowledge on the subject.

I wonder how many clan tags start with U ?

UVF

UFF

UDA

UDF

I'll throw in RUC also

God save the Queen!

MrPeevsley

There's more than one IRA. some IRAs are less ethical than others, I remember this from dialogue in a TV show called Burn Notice. They all have disagreements with each other and that's why they've splintered off into so different groups. Just plain IRA is too vague, OP doesn't even know which IRA carried out the droid attack on the wookies. 

FN2457
Same goes to ISIS, I find it disrespectful. They're retarded people who don't understand how serious those organisations are and what they did is inhumane (yes, until they see it happening with their own eyes in real).
LoveInHell

Studios