QUICKSCOPE hurts profit

World War II General Discussion

Re: QUICKSCOPE hurts profit

in reply to FixQuickscopeGlitch
Asking again, have you tried it yourself for any length of time?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

in reply to NiceDrewishFela
Admin
Stop harassing me.

You have followed me all over and I can't get away from you. I've answered you several times. It's a known exploit.
Stop harassing me.(24000 +posts)
Last warning.
FixQuickscopeGlitch

Asking a question isn't harassment. My apologies if I missed your reply.

But it is a valid question.

The funny thing is, I tend to agree with you for the most part. But I don't express my opinion on the topic often because I am not great with a sniper. And I can't quickscope worth a lick. I think that before one can form an opinion on Quickscoping, they need to do it themselves for a while. Why? Because then they can truly say if it is, in fact, overpowered and also offer tips on how to fix it.

But how can you as someone who has never tried it really make a valid argument for or against it? Killcams aren't an exact replay, so can't go based on that. So... answer the question.

If you treat people who agree with you this poorly, it's no wonder you've ruffled so many feathers and lost the ear of those who disagree with you.

Take a deep breath and try to answer rationally.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

A popular exploit of a glitch in some FPS video games wherein****** a player is able to scope in with a sniper rifle, shoot for a kill, then scope out almost instantly and without having to ensure the crosshairs are on the target. ******Gamers who have become dependent on the QS exploit for success have lobbied hard to developers, pleading that the QS should be kept in the game because it constitutes a 'style of play'. They base this contention for the most part on the notion that (by some accounts) it takes practice to become skilled at QS, though critics point out that the amount of practice it takes to master an exploit is hardly a good argument for keeping a glitch. The QS exploit is also popular because it easily allows for long kill-streaks and unlikely kills which more self-indulgent gamers in the community produce in montages for each other.

FixQuickscopeGlitch

Copy and pasted again.

St0newa11

I get that, I really do.

But you still haven't answered the question, really.

Here is my thing.... CoD is a VERY fast paced game. There isn't much question that the higher the fire rate, the more success you can have consistently. The BAR and PPSH are king right now in Core, hard to argue that.

But Snipers put the player at a disadvantage in an Arena-style game. If someone runs up on you, you have to be able to defend yourself. Snipers have to be able to compete, they don't have the luxury to stay away, these maps just don't allow it. So I guess I'd ask.. what would you suggest? Should they just be helpless?

I am no fan of Quickscoping. One of the reasons I don't play Core modes. Hate putting a clip into enemies only to have them melt me instantly. But I think it has to be in the game in some form or another. I think it needs to be a skill set that is developed and tough to master. I do think right now it is a little too easy, but then I haven't really done it a lot myself. This is why I am asking. You think it is an exploit, maybe it is. But how can you say it is unfair when you haven't given it a chance yourself? How can you know something is broken if you don't tinker with it yourself?

If I had to guess, the majority of Quickscopers don't do all that well overall. They get their clips, they have their strong matches... but I'd wager they mostly score fairly low or even go negative quite a bit. Then again there are masters at it who destroy everyone, but that is true for all weapon classes. How is a talented quickscoper any different from a strong player who dominates with an SMG or an AR? Can you fairly answer that based on Killcams and rhetoric alone?

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

FixQuickscopeGlitch

Sniper class is a one shot kill. Snipers gameplay should somewhat represent the class.. strategy, stealth, patience.. at least a sniper should have to aim. Choose an infantry class if it's too slow.. but a sniper rifle should be shouldered and aimed.. not qs. Seriously. 

It's a class to itself, it does not lend itself well to cod,. But for those who honestly play the class it's a nice option. The glitch needs to go.. BTW socom. No crossing. snipers only. Mean anything to you?

Greatest sniping matches ever

FixQuickscopeGlitch

Hey I've asked you 10 times now for you to explain how it's a glitch or an exploit. (I don't want a random Google'd copy paste explanation of what quickscoping is. I want you to tell me how it is a glitch. 

Still waiting.

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

"Hey I've asked you 10 times now for you to explain how it's a glitch or an exploit."

Admin.

Harassment.

FixQuickscopeGlitch

Studios