SMG are now DMR's!

World War II General Discussion

SMG are now DMR's!

So yea in the last few days ive noticed sweaty try hards using the Russian SMG PPSH and getting long range kills that would rival the Lee Enfield. When did a open bolt, blow-back action SMG become the new Sniper rifle ? Seriously guys, Im not kidding two seperate matches this morning two seperate people using teh PPSH like it was a Garand. On London Docks, the I was in the boathouse and someone from the far end of the map sniped me twice in the same match with this dam thing. As someone who used to own one of these in real life, I can tell you right now that the "pish" is horrible for long range, my god its like the FN P90 but instead of spitting spent cartridges out the bottom it shoots them out the top, try aiming with that, not to mention these things come standard with a dirty compensator that is built into the barrel jacket, which would help with muzzle climb but in return you got a muzzle flash so bright you'd thinnk you were staring at a sun going super-nova. This thing excels at hip firing not down range engagements.

I guess what my point is, how come all the weapons in this game are so off in terms of performance when compared tot he real life counter-parts ? Yes its a COD game,yes its a video game blah blah blah, this kind of thing is easy to get right, hell Killing Floor 2 is a face paced zombie horde shooter that is over the top beyond belief yet they got the weapons right, so did RS Seige and Battlefield. You guys have never really ever nailed weapons right since the start of this franchise. Until revently even the sounds of the guns were weak, some of them are in this game too like the Type 100, I cant tell the difference between when its silenced and unsilenced. Why does the main attraction of the game suffer the worst ?

I dont get it, you have unlimited funds you think you would invest in at least some kind of Small arms consultant. Seriously, indie games are getting proper then a triple A studio is. I can tell you put a lot of passion into the campaign , not so much MP but you think for a game that revolves around holding a gun in front of your face the entire time you would at least get the weapon physics right. And FFS , if I load one more empty magazine into my gun I will tear my ***** off and throw it in the river. Got nothing more to add, except I first posted this in the wrong section so those who say it and are wondering why I reposted thats why. oh and this ...

e757f3dca4268165dc0a7cfbcaca921c--gamer-humor-nerdy-things

Ashgaar
10 REPLIES

Re: SMG are now DMR's!

in reply to Ashgaar

The type 100, and ppsh are extremely dominant, even outside of their intended ranges. More so the ppsh because of it's much higher fire rate yet still minimal, extremely managble recoil. The type 100 is ridiculous especially in HC, as it's a 2sk at long distance like most non semi auto rifles (except gewehr 43) yet has little to no recoil and a decent fire rate. 

They really need to add some recoil to these I feel.

Cosmic_browny

in reply to Cosmic_browny

Ofcourse, but across the map ? well half way, seems a little weird to me, its not just a lucky round it was consistent. I do like the type 100, its a great gun so I totally agree with you on that, my only gripe is the weapon sounds, its s compressed. it should shound like a string of firecrackers going off but it sounds like someone put it under a pillow. My gripes are purely petty ! 

Ashgaar

in reply to Ashgaar

You'd be surprised how far out of their intended range the ppsh and type 100 can be used effectively. Ive used the type 100 and ppsh with infantry and gunslinger, grip, rapid fire and steady aim, and they absolutely ridiculous. I prefer using these to the ar's aside from the semi autos, especially when I'm feeling cheesy and/or need to get quick easy kills for orders or contracts.

Cosmic_browny
Highlighted

in reply to Cosmic_browny

@Cosmic_browny wrote:

You'd be surprised how far out of their intended range the ppsh and type 100 can be used effectively. Ive used the type 100 and ppsh with infantry and gunslinger, grip, rapid fire and steady aim, and they absolutely ridiculous. I prefer using these to the ar's aside from the semi autos, especially when I'm feeling cheesy and/or need to get quick easy kills for orders or contracts.

Yes, you can kill outside the optimal range of an SMG if you can manage to put enough bullets in the player but it will not outgun the AR's in this game in the optimal ranges of of the AR's especially with the weird and almost instant idle sway, vertical and horozontal view kick on many of the SMG's. The AR's are very good in this game. I am normally an SMG player and play aggressively but I find myself using AR's more do to the excessive spawn camping and head glitches in this game and since the devs nerfed the crap out of the run n gun playstyle by making sprint-out times so slow along with a number of stupid mechanics.

MurkBeserk Level 75

in reply to Ashgaar

@Ashgaar wrote:

So yea in the last few days ive noticed sweaty try hards using the Russian SMG PPSH and getting long range kills that would rival the Lee Enfield. When did a open bolt, blow-back action SMG become the new Sniper rifle ? Seriously guys, Im not kidding two seperate matches this morning two seperate people using teh PPSH like it was a Garand. On London Docks, the I was in the boathouse and someone from the far end of the map sniped me twice in the same match with this dam thing. As someone who used to own one of these in real life, I can tell you right now that the "pish" is horrible for long range, my god its like the FN P90 but instead of spitting spent cartridges out the bottom it shoots them out the top, try aiming with that, not to mention these things come standard with a dirty compensator that is built into the barrel jacket, which would help with muzzle climb but in return you got a muzzle flash so bright you'd thinnk you were staring at a sun going super-nova. This thing excels at hip firing not down range engagements.

I guess what my point is, how come all the weapons in this game are so off in terms of performance when compared tot he real life counter-parts ? Yes its a COD game,yes its a video game blah blah blah, this kind of thing is easy to get right, hell Killing Floor 2 is a face paced zombie horde shooter that is over the top beyond belief yet they got the weapons right, so did RS Seige and Battlefield. You guys have never really ever nailed weapons right since the start of this franchise. Until revently even the sounds of the guns were weak, some of them are in this game too like the Type 100, I cant tell the difference between when its silenced and unsilenced. Why does the main attraction of the game suffer the worst ?

I dont get it, you have unlimited funds you think you would invest in at least some kind of Small arms consultant. Seriously, indie games are getting proper then a triple A studio is. I can tell you put a lot of passion into the campaign , not so much MP but you think for a game that revolves around holding a gun in front of your face the entire time you would at least get the weapon physics right. And FFS , if I load one more empty magazine into my gun I will tear my ***** off and throw it in the river. Got nothing more to add, except I first posted this in the wrong section so those who say it and are wondering why I reposted thats why. oh and this ...

Seems like a bit of an exaggeration comparing it to a sniper that is typically a 1 shot kill. The PPSH is average in TTK with SMG's and exceeds 400ms at longer distances, longer than the ADS of the Kar sniper. At range it would take 6 landed shots to kill assuming we are talking about core and you are not initially injured (2 shots in HC). The reason it is so popular is it is an early unlock, it does good in most situations within the strengths of an SMG, has one of the better ADS and Sprint Out times and the recoil is almost entirely vertical so it is easier to control. It is not better than most of the niche areas of many of the other SMG's like Waffe or Type 100 etc. If you are getting killed from across the map in Core vs an AR, it is likely due to being out played, previously injured or some type connection issue, it's not the gun.

MurkBeserk Level 75

in reply to MurkBeserk

I wish I could show you the kill cam I really do. You would probably rethink that stance. Im not a neophyte when it comes to games , something is wrong with the guns in this game I know it. Oh well no point on looking to the past, Im not going that way.  Still it just seemed odd that someone can get consistent kills with a CQB weapon from afar. I dont think he was cheating, I just think he was good and taking advantage of a serious broken weapon system ( IMO ).

Ashgaar

in reply to Ashgaar

@Ashgaar wrote:

I wish I could show you the kill cam I really do. You would probably rethink that stance. Im not a neophyte when it comes to games , something is wrong with the guns in this game I know it. Oh well no point on looking to the past, Im not going that way.  Still it just seemed odd that someone can get consistent kills with a CQB weapon from afar. I dont think he was cheating, I just think he was good and taking advantage of a serious broken weapon system ( IMO ).

Kill cams and POTG is not a real time play back, it takes snapshots, shows a fraction of what actually happened. Not saying your not seeing some major WTF moments but if you are, I would put money on the fact it is most likely connection based, not an issue with the weapons. Lag would explain what you are experiencing.

MurkBeserk Level 75

in reply to MurkBeserk

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@Ashgaar wrote:

Kill cams and POTG is not a real time play back, it takes snapshots, shows a fraction of what actually happened. Not saying your not seeing some major WTF moments but if you are, I would put money on the fact it is most likely connection based, not an issue with the weapons. Lag would explain what you are experiencing.

Perhaps, it was just the consistency of them that was alarming.

Ashgaar

in reply to MurkBeserk
Same here got killed today with the type100 half way across the map with 3 shots, i use the type 100 myself an i cant kill someone 2 feet infront of me with 3 bullets. Guns are garbadge no matter what attachments i use with them it does not chage a thing strange how some people can run with guns an get no kick back or dont have to aim
pmutd

Studios