Sledgehammer Games = Terrible

World War II General Discussion

Sledgehammer Games have proven once again that they are just incapable of making a good Call of Duty game. I realize it's their second attempt, but it's very obvious that they learned absolutely nothing from their failures on Advanced Warfare. Terrible lag, hit detection, maps, spawns, weapon balancing... the list just goes on. Some of these issues can be fixed with time and updates, but some of these just can't be fixed and it just ruins the game.

First, the maps. These are hands down the worst maps I've ever experienced. Everything about them is just bad. I can't think of any other way to describe them other than an absolute unbalanced clusterf*ck of awfulness. The game forces you into these stupid and narrow passages with, in most cases, only one way in or out to engage enemies which causes a ridiculous amount of people just camping one lane with a STG or sniper, or just to spawn camp the entire game.

Second, the spawns are just an absolute disaster. Beyond bad. Terrible. That's pretty much all I can say about the spawns in this game. This has a lot to do with the maps being so small, unbalanced, and just cluttered. I don't see them ever being able to fix and balance out spawns, and other issues, with maps this bad and unbalanced.

Lastly, the menus and headquarters. What in the holy hell were they thinking when they created these menus and the headquarters. Headquarters is just not needed and simply just a waste of time. How much development time went in to the development of the headquarters that just isn't needed, and in most cases still doesn't function properly? This time could've been used to make more maps, or just better maps in general. This time could've been used to simply polish up the game so we actually had a functional launch and a game that runs and operates much better and just feels much better than it currently does. And the menus.... they are just the perfect example of what CoD WWII looks and feels like right now... An absolute clustered and random mess. 

Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with this year's CoD launch. I'm one of the old school CoD fans that have been calling for a return to boots on the ground and wanting a WWII or modern game. When this game was announced I was ecstatic, and I can't believe that this is what they gave the community for a return to boots on the ground. I really want to like this game, and I'm gonna continue to play for a bit longer in the hopes that things get a little better. But as things stand right now... I have very little faith in Sledgehammer Games.

My last note... this is obviously my opinion. I don't try to claim to speak for the masses. Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying the game at least!

JFuller4444
6 REPLIES 6

Well said man. I agree with all you have said. Look at their last game what they fixed, and what not. So we cant expect much that way. I already said in another thread, SHgames should go back being a support company, not a developer company for to make any more CoD related games.

Horrorman Level 75

Yeah definitely well said. 

All we’re asking for or I’m asking for is

BOOTS ON THE GROUND NO MORE FUTURISTIC COD GAMES PLEASE.      PLEASE BRING US BACK THE OLD GAMES WITH BOOTS ON THE GROUND. THANKS. 

Mintyness101

I agree,I'm sick and tired of ww2,it's filled with campers and tryhards, and the zombie easter eggs just completely ruin the zombies expirence,garbage maps,lack of paintjobs,the scorestreaks are awful, it honestly looks like it one year to developed and Sledgehammer thinks they know how to make a great call of duty game,but in reality they don't. the next time they release a another call of duty game I'll literally boycott it.

salvinorth5king

Good luck with that, I'm sure if you were to boycott the next CoD game you'll really be stickin it to em.

Prophuntiscool

@salvinorth5kingwrote:

I agree,I'm sick and tired of ww2,it's filled with campers and tryhards, and the zombie easter eggs just completely ruin the zombies expirence,garbage maps,lack of paintjobs,the scorestreaks are awful, it honestly looks like it one year to developed and Sledgehammer thinks they know how to make a great call of duty game,but in reality they don't. the next time they release a another call of duty game I'll literally boycott it.

You are so right about zombies. I like doing the casual Easter egg on final Reich but that's it. The maps are not designed for mowing down waves of zombies like the good old days. It seems almost everyone playing g completes the casual ee, kills the boss zombies, and quits. If people enjoyed the game, they would stay in and keep playing.

DieselPlower
Highlighted

Sledgehammer Games just don't understand how to make a quality game. It's sad that i've put more hours and had more fun with Infinate Warfare than this game.

Madpanda52

Studios