World War II General Discussion

The pitch in regards to MP is comradery and headquarters. On a next gen console, this might be an interesting game for history buffs in camapaign mode but I predict the MP is going to be lame as hell.

I wanted to make a drinking game based on how many times they said the word camaradery. Really!?! That is the pitch for a new game, seems like not only the story line going back in time but the game itself in terms of technology used, at least that is the impression they left with the reveal that did really nothing but confirm 100% this is WWII.

MurkBeserk Level 75
7 REPLIES 7

They really didn't say anything about MP to be honest. It was the SP and story they revealed today. I don't know how you can jump to a conclusion without seeing 1 frame of acutal in game MP footage. But hey, i'm optimistic. 

ZvErS

@ZvErS wrote:

They really didn't say anything about MP to be honest. It was the SP and story they revealed today. I don't know how you can jump to a conclusion without seeing 1 frame of acutal in game MP footage. But hey, i'm optimistic. 

Based off the reveal I can make some assumptions, given, on a very limited information so could be easily proven wrong later but I wouldn't bet on it. Typically you would think they would tease something but based off of three things, I am not expecting much: 

1) Authenticity, which limits them severly, a risk they took by doing a WWII game.

2) Only teased a social lobby which has nothing to do with in game play.
3) They over used word comradery, which seems to be  their buzz word, probably to hype the headquarters which again has nothing to do with game play.

Fair assumptions with the information provided or lack of. I suppose we will see at their EA reveal if there entire innovation is based around hyping headquarters which seems to be some type of social lobby. It would not shock me at all since this game, outside of advanced movements over the last few years, has been a reskin year after year. Even through their verbal description of the game, there was no hints to it being any different than an old school slow moving BOTG the ground shooter, except they called it fast pace. 

No reason to not be optimistic if you are a history buff or you like BOTG gameplay, that is exactly what your going to get, just wouldn't expect much more. Hope I am wrong, maybe they did do something awesome this year but I highly doubt it. If anything, the graphics will be improved but even that gets stale after playing it for awhile. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

I think its a bit much to be Pessimistic based on the minimal info we were provided today. In June we'll know more.

They really seem invested in this, so I am hoping for a fun experience. I want a fun experience. Not going to start my MP experience with negativity.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
in reply to NiceDrewishFela

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:

I think its a bit much to be Pessimistic based on the minimal info we were provided today. In June we'll know more.

They really seem invested in this, so I am hoping for a fun experience. I want a fun experience. Not going to start my MP experience with negativity.

I hope you are right that time and effort was invested and it isn't just reskin of an older BOTG COD. I am down on COD altogether lately so yes, a do have a negative attitude going into this one. They will have to provide some proof to change my mind. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

Yes, the reveal is to feature the campaign trailer and announce/confirm (depending on leakage) it is WWII. Actually surprised they said anything about multi or zombies.

History buffs will like this game.  The thing for me is I did not become a WWII buff until after I played games like MoH and CoD. That's something they highlighted in the reveal... there is a CoD generation that hasn't been introduced to WWII. Hopefully some fall in love with that genre.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

Actually surprised they said anything about multi or zombies.

History buffs will like this game.  The thing for me is I did not become a WWII buff until after I played games like MoH and CoD. That's something they highlighted in the reveal... there is a CoD generation that hasn't been introduced to WWII. Hopefully some fall in love with that genre.

For me maybe that might have been a smarter move for them not to say anything, considering they kind of didn't anyway. Almost makes me feel like there is very little effort being put into it, just a bunch of buzzwords. I will admit, if the future reveals on the campaign side look good enough, that might pull my interest enough to get it for single player campaign. I am not a history buff but I do like that gritty war feel. The only thing that concerns me personally is that is how I felt about BF1 and I rarely play that game. It felt and played awesome the first couple of weeks but wasn't enough to keep me interested for very long.

MurkBeserk Level 75
I feel like they had to.

IW left everything as a mystery, and as a result got a lot of backlash for it.

I know they didn't give us much, but I am glad they at least told us a few things and gave us something to look forward to. I am glad the game will be playable at E3, we will get a lot of gameplay from both the devs and players who attend.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios