Something Wrong with FFA Spawns?

World War II General Discussion

Something Wrong with FFA Spawns?

So I just played a session of FFA and it was bad, especially on USS Texas and Aachen.  On USS Texas.  There is always one guy at the front of the ship in the area above the opening spawn that is really hard to kill because it is one massive head glitch, players will spawn right below them. and they just die immediately because the guy above them is there to spawn kill..  On Aachen there is a spot on the map near the wrecked tank, some guy just camps in a corner and players will spawn in the next room.  Again it's to spawn kill.  But on Aachen, because of the way the map flows it's not so bad.  It's getting out of control.  I've noticed on USS Texas, you don't spawn inside ever.  It's only the outer edges of the map where we spawn, also where everyone is looking.  Fix these spawns.  Also, I hope you can track players kills with a heat map because if it shows that they are abusing these broken spawns then they deserve to be reset

Omega Riddler
9 REPLIES

Re: Something Wrong with FFA Spawns?

in reply to Omega Riddler

It's cause the devs don't play their own game or test of this stuff. They go by data points that don't translate to actual game play.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Spawns are broken no matter what game type. But sledgehammer says nothing is wrong 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

The maps arent big enough because alot of people are run an guning an there are alwasy a couple quick scopers or there just seem to be 2 spawn point in the map.
pmutd

Yesterday in Ardennes Forest, I've been shot like 0,01sec right after I spawned

SofianeLotfi5

I like the size of the maps, but spawns could definately be better. It has not been a big issue for me, at least with spawn killing luckily, but now and then I get a terrible spawn.

On the other side, s-mines placed where people spawn is just plain stupid, should have been fixed before release. Especially in a game were you can't choose an extra perk or something instead of tacticals n *****, that means more grenades and s-mines being used, so at least fix stupid ***** like this. S-mines are way to annoying from before

jaokdeok

Its the maps, they blow hard, they are so tight and clustered there is nowhere to space people out in. I think the game does a good job with what it has. Seriously the maps are jsut bad.

Ashgaar

in reply to Ashgaar

Maybe 2-3 maps I can approve. In FFA, I wouldn't want them bigger tho, but they are in general poorly made. 

jaokdeok

I did the "Play a FFA match" contract yesterday on USS Texas. The spawn killing was just unbelievable. They shouldn't even offer that map for FFA. Needless to say, I just tried to hunker down and get the match over with for the contract. Was not pleasant at all. 

ZvErS

in reply to ZvErS

Aw.. I only play FFA almost, and I "never" have any problems with spawn killing. It's important to get used to FFA and where the spawns are before judging. Not to necessarily spawn kill, but to understand the gameplay better. Being killed instantly when spawning "never" happens, but you would want to know the general movements of a map.

I'm sure I could get used to TD or objective modes after a while, but the line of campers to penetrate does not seem fun to get used to. Camping is FFA in much more manageable

jaokdeok

Studios