World War II General Discussion

in reply to Orchamos Andron

@Orchamos Andron wrote:

I was really excited to see dogfight... then I played it.  Maybe others will find it more enjoyable, but looks like lag central, no learning curve, remember to invert the flight stick if you're used to flight simulators.  And every lobby seems to have parties of guys who've already played this to perfection so get used to dying often and right out of spawn😁 I think lag has been a huge contributor in this mode

Played this mode first time last night.  TDM with Fighter Planes is a nice change of pace but you are correct on most of your points.  The lag in this mode is the worst I've ever seen in any COD in any other mode.  It's tough to shoot down a plane when it's jumping forward several plane lengths and you're shooting way behind it where a half-second ago you were shooting it in the tail.  The flight sticks take a few games to get used to and get your muscle memory down.  After that flying is relatively simple.  Staying within the confines of the "battle" is sometimes tough.  I exploded a LOT at first just from the disorientation that comes with trying to get back "in bounds".   And yes, many times I was getting shot at immediately as I spawned in.  And there are a lot of players who have this mode on lock, flying around in "ACE" mode shooting down everything they engage.  It would be nice if they maybe had a "free mode"  or put it into "Custom Games" where you could gather some flight learning in a controlled environment rather than having to learn it while dodging bullets!  

Even with all that it's a pretty nice game mode.    

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
The_Birdman62#3632146 Level 75

Yeah, you're certainly right.  The whole soldiers in the most gruesome, horrific and deadly war of all of human history wearing Hawaiian polo shirts like Quagmire from family guy and doing the dab like Jake Paul is very nice indeed.  Maybe next we can swear at our virtual mothers and ride skateboards. 

This is cancer, the days of summer is a complete joke catering to fortnite fans just like BO4 will be, changing the whole identity of the game and what call of duty stands for to follow trends.  It's kind of sad. 

I was just getting into the game,  but it had to be done.  They couldn't even go one installment with being boots on the ground, traditional world war 2 call of duty for grown men.  Add ons that were war themed.  Even if they went the summer route, done it while being true to WW2.  The game is called WW2.  Why? They had to put the weapon charms, the dances,  the flower necklaces and the palm trees.  It's just a waste of time caring at this point. 

GamerElephant
in reply to GamerElephant

Do you even listen to the microphones in the lobby? I swear half of the playerbase hasn't even reached pubertiy yet. That's the playerbase they are catering to.

This game absolutely has nothing to with reality.

BertKK

While I respect and appreciate that POV completely... there has always been a sense of 'fun' and with all their games. The campaign stayed true to the seriousness of history. Where as WaW 9-10 years ago had a raygun easter egg in the campaign.

Multiplayer caters to a more social and lighthearted crowd. Each update or dlc has gone a little bit more away from realism and history of WWII.

I'm a WWII buff and would have liked them to stay as close to realism as possible. I can also appreciate the ridiculous stuff they added like the Undead and teeny weeny toy soldiers. I don't see it as disrespectful or anything along those lines. I see it as a video game in 2018 where getting a laugh is important too... no matter the age.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
Who wouldn't want to be on a beach surrounded by palm trees, relaxing in the sand? The game was serious at first and okay but got repetitive lack of content, and just overall depressing. Trust me at first i was on the realistic sideline but after awhile i realized if i want realism i'd join the military in RL, or read a history book.. This however is a videogame.
VHuds95

it says 3 new weapons in the trailer, do they (again) cost 21k each aka impossible to unlock them ?

shakoutwo
Yes they are expensive, i believe for one of them it's nearly 27k credits
VHuds95

I did the math yesterday..

Weapons:

Breezy = 26,050

The Dacha = 27,825

Uniforms:

Civvies = 9,400

Kiwi Sniper = 8,500

Total = 71,775

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@shakoutwo wrote:

it says 3 new weapons in the trailer, do they (again) cost 21k each aka impossible to unlock them ?

Depends on how much you play and pay attention to completeing orders.

Far from impossible for players that put a few hours in a day.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

@iHattoriHanzo0  a écrit :
Depends on how much you play and pay attention to completeing orders.
Far from impossible for players that put a few hours in a day.

and how many players play several hours a day? cod ww2 is 67th right now on twitch so not that many and it's been like that for months now...

there's just no content, the new maps, you have to pay for them so no thx, the new weapons cost 20-30k each so no thx too

it's like they tune the game for only a handful of players

shakoutwo

Studios