World War II General Discussion

Id like to know if there will be supply drops, I prefer none, as this should be like the old games, where if your looking for a cool camo, you EARN it, not buy it. Same goes for weapons, I hate the buy to win garbage. I think they ruin the games by making everybody buy to win, the last three cod games I disliked because of that and the futuristic garbage, so at least your going back to the roots of cod, so don't ruin it by supply drops, 

My two cents

gimphole
6 REPLIES 6

Supply drops should be cosmetic only

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Supply drops should be cosmetic only

I strongly doubt that will be the case. I heard people say this but even if it launches as that way, it won't stay that way. There was already some rumors of variants so it is very likely there will be game changing / breaking items in the supply drops. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

They will mess it up for sure.

Some paper design guns which in real life just couldn't be build for example.

I would rather see a violin case Tommy gun than a paper design gun.

Or civilian weapons or old weapons. Winchester repeating rifle for example

But that's just me.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

I think unfortuantly that though they have not been confirmed, supply drops will be in the game in some way. Its a sad truth but the reality is that its makes them a lot of money, so why would they stop doing it. The question is how will the be implemented into the game. I think personaly that the best way to do them is to do them like Infinate Warfare. Make it so players have a direct way to get all of the loot in the game by playing the game and not having to spend any money. I liked how in Infinate Warfare, most of the weapon varients  could be purchased directly with salvage and also by opening supply drops. So long as the earn rate on the in game currency is fair and the non-cosmetic loot is not so out there the  I think that it will be a success.

GamingNinja911
in reply to GamingNinja911

@GamingNinja911 wrote:

I think personaly that the best way to do them is to do them like Infinate Warfare. 

Absolutely not, the best way is to make them 100% cosmetic where they don't affect or have the potential to affect the game. Anything else, is just pure BS. The fact people just are OK with how they have been handled is why it still is happening.

MurkBeserk Level 75

They are here for good...they make tons of money off them, they won't ever go back..that'd be like trying to find an app that doesn't offer in-game purchases..there are none..that's the path Activision and most all other game publishers that put out multiplayer games are going down...I would like to see only cosmetic stuff in them..I think they would still make plenty of money, but knowing how greedy Activi$$$ion is, there'll most likely be weapons in them as well..the only way they might stop is if people would stop making purchases to try randomly getting what they want, but that will never happen...I still think since they do the cod points and supply drop thing, they should give out free DLCs..

Funny how, IMO, back in the days before they were making millions of extra money off cod points, the games seemed better, and were more fun...now ever since they introduced all that nonsense, the games haven't necessarily gotten worse (maybe a couple), but performance has, and player population has gotten smaller...makes ya wonder what they're doing with all that extra money 🤔..definately not going towards their servers or whatever to fix the connection issues..

James8421

Studios