WW2 maps are horrid! guess we play every three years (TREYARCH)

World War II General Discussion

The maps are Soooo bad. lol totally NOT COD 

 

Just large open spaces with 10 lanes and 15 cut throughs, insta death all of it. SMH 

Infinite warfare 2 coming your way. who is in charge of these games did you find the most boring people on the planet ? 

 

well its COD every 3 years now. you need to dump these bums and let treyarch manage these other clowns or Let Treyarch expand and release or layoff the other 2 devs that have no clue.

 

 

Robalboa0
Likes: 206
Posts: 639
Registered: ‎30-03-2015
9 REPLIES 9

We've only seen 2 multiplayer maps. Both not a standard boring 3 lanes map design. More ways to get to a point to open up game play. And both for the size of map quite a lot of elevations. 

And large? Both are medium to small maps.

And large open area's. On point de hoc the "open middle section has trenches. 

And the other map. Each some what open area would have cover in it.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
Likes: 4337
Posts: 14884
Registered: ‎09-06-2011

From what I saw, these maps looked great. Not just catering to SMG play like the last 4 Cods. Snipers can actually snipe, semi auto rifles can work the lanes. Like all the weapons can find a place rather than one weapon class fits all the maps.

St0newa11
Likes: 591
Posts: 2976
Registered: ‎29-02-2012
Treyarch maps are boring three lane maps with major choke points. If they were to make the cods every year I would find another shooter to play.
Dante2k Level 74
Likes: 1291
Posts: 2995
Registered: ‎30-11-2016

But they were balanced, its really difficult to make fun yet balanced maps. I am assuming.

St0newa11
Likes: 591
Posts: 2976
Registered: ‎29-02-2012
Highlighted

What are you basing this on?

 

Literally everyone I have seen who attended E3 had nothing but good things to say about WWII, beyond some minor issues.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
Likes: 15424
Posts: 26304
Registered: ‎02-09-2011

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:

What are you basing this on?

 

Literally everyone I have seen who attended E3 had nothing but good things to say about WWII, beyond some minor issues.


Its a head glitch fest. theres no rime nor reason to the layouts.  you'll see.  its IW 2 + MWR + overwatch + battlefield frankenstein project.

"BUT the campaign is educational"  who cares about campaign its 2 days. multi player is the life of the game and im afraid they are "OFF POINT"

by a mile.  insta death YUP its there. 

Robalboa0
Likes: 206
Posts: 639
Registered: ‎30-03-2015

@Robalboa0 wrote:

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:

What are you basing this on?

 

Literally everyone I have seen who attended E3 had nothing but good things to say about WWII, beyond some minor issues.


Its a head glitch fest. theres no rime nor reason to the layouts.  you'll see.  its IW 2 + MWR + overwatch + battlefield frankenstein project.

"BUT the campaign is educational"  who cares about campaign its 2 days. multi player is the life of the game and im afraid they are "OFF POINT"

by a mile.  insta death YUP its there. 


heres where they got their guns.( hmmmm battlefield 1) look exact same guns with sound changes and slight asthetic changes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0lGOxBkiA

Robalboa0
Likes: 206
Posts: 639
Registered: ‎30-03-2015

About map design. 

Maps looking the same in design. Well they use a certain amount of basic map designs. Because they work and can be used for different game modes.

Bf1 and cod ww2 same weapons. Well if those weapons where used in both wars and wierd. 

Even in modern day shooters when there is a whole lot more of different weapons and you still see the same weapons.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
Likes: 4337
Posts: 14884
Registered: ‎09-06-2011

@Robalboa0 wrote:

The maps are Soooo bad. lol totally NOT COD 

 

Just large open spaces with 10 lanes and 15 cut throughs, insta death all of it. SMH 

Infinite warfare 2 coming your way. who is in charge of these games did you find the most boring people on the planet ? 

 

well its COD every 3 years now. you need to dump these bums and let treyarch manage these other clowns or Let Treyarch expand and release or layoff the other 2 devs that have no clue.

 

 


The two maps they showed seemed to have a variety for moderately open areas and small tight CQ. Like the trenches that were small and tight and than the areas around the back of the bunker were more open. In the trenches, I don't think you could be targeted fro the higher ground they had on both sides unless you were in the trench right below it.

The snow map seemed to have some tight areas as well although that had some more open areas I believe. They seemed to be medium size which works well in this game, not too small or too big. That was just from the vids though, hard to really say until you play the beta.

Also, even the game War, while the maps as a whole are probably huge, during gameplay you have a limited area you can go, they kind of force you to play the objective.

MurkBeserk Level 75
Likes: 1672
Posts: 3991
Registered: ‎12-10-2016

Studios