When can we Pre Order WWII

World War II General Discussion

When does the preorders start

Bennyboiiiiii
9 REPLIES 9

@Bennyboiiiiii wrote:

When does the preorders start

Please don't pre-order. I, and some others, see this as one of the causes of the problems we deal with now. The need to pre-order ( to gat a copy at launch) is no longer valid. There is an ample supply.

SweatDragon Level 75

Agreed, lesson learned, now I just wait for it to go on sale then grab it. Such low players base on PC really ruined my COD experience. 

Check out Activision Aces!
virusman61

could you explain why preordering causes problems?

PZ_Atac

@PZ_Atac wrote:

The general consensus is, you give them your money before they finish the game,  so there's no incentives for them to release a quality product. Because they already got everyone's money. The cynic in me tends to agree. The level headed me assumes the devs want to make the best game they can no matter what.

gotsomestars Level 75

@gotsomestars wrote:

@PZ_Atac wrote:

The general consensus is, you give them your money before they finish the game,  so there's no incentives for them to release a quality product. Because they already got everyone's money. The cynic in me tends to agree. The level headed me assumes the devs want to make the best game they can no matter what.

I'll go you one better. I know the devs want to deliver a good, quality product. The problems start with marketing, and upper level management cutting corners, and pushing unfinnished product out the door.

Remember the release of Halo 2? It was posponded several times, until they had a stable product. That does not happen anymore.

SweatDragon Level 75

The only 2 examples I know of where delay to improve the game are happening is South Park and Gran Turismo.  Stick of Truth got delayed for 8 months and ended up coming out after the PS4/XB1 instead of before, but when released was still one of the best games of the year.  GT has always been this way, the release date has always been "whenever".

It would be nice to see more games that plan the development cycle so they can hit their regular date with a finished product.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75
Highlighted

ok gotcha..makes total sense. when the dev dangles the "beta" to everyone, everyone seems to go rabid and takes the bait.  I've got no need for a COD WW2 hat. I'll wait it out, though it'll probably be very good, they do have a reputation to uphold and stakeholders to please... thanks.

PZ_Atac

It is available now to preorder if you choose to do so at: https://www.callofduty.com/wwii/buy

SpasZ

Be advised there have been many posts about not getting the BETA code at the time of your pre-order.  The forum answer is you'll get it when the BETA is ready to download.  In fact I'm not sure you'll even need a code.  I think when you pre-order you get put in the hopper for the download automatically.  

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75

Studios