Where Activision should take the series after WWII...

World War II General Discussion

VIETNAM! We had a brief glance of it in Black Ops, but we really have yet to see a first person shooter that is set entirely in the midst of the Vietnam war.

This would be the right step for the series in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

*I am aware that Sledgehammer was at one time developing a Vietnam game, which was apparently going to be entirely third person (no thanks), but it was cancelled.*

Bryanandboujeevietnam.jpg

Bryanandboujee
1 REPLY 1

@Bryanandboujee wrote:

VIETNAM! We had a brief glance of it in Black Ops, but we really have yet to see a first person shooter that is set entirely in the midst of the Vietnam war.

This would be the right step for the series in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

*I am aware that Sledgehammer was at one time developing a Vietnam game, which was apparently going to be entirely third person (no thanks), but it was cancelled.* 

Vietnam is something i would be very surprised to see as a video game nowadays, while the usa views it as the vietnam war, to many outside the us its seen as the american bad war which they lost, it doesnt play well for a marketing point of view and as such us publishers nowadays are very relunctant to make games in that period.

Maccabi Level 75

Studios