Why Did I Take Falling Damage As Airborne?

World War II General Discussion

I shouldn't have died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38-ssnfGLw

What is wrong with your game?

I've Always Held The Wheel
But I Let The Wind Steal My Power
ReneAensland
6 REPLIES 6

There was a fault in the system and I'm not getting a response from a moderator?

Your game is at fault and not performing as it should be, I should at least get a reply.

I've Always Held The Wheel
But I Let The Wind Steal My Power
ReneAensland

Hey man,

Although I'm not an Activision anything, I was the one that was responding to a bunch of posts when you originally posted this. So, I'm just gonna own it: I went into the game to look at the Airborne division, and have a refresher over what airborne has for it's attributes, and I somehow found a way to get sidetracked. 

As to your post, and why you died: I'm coming up with a giant nothing burger. It appears that this should not have happened. That being said, and forgive me for not knowing this at the moment, but does the "take no damage while falling" still apply if you took even the slightest bit of damage?  That is an honest question, and I am looking for an answer from the community. I'm not saying that you had taken any damage, I'm just thinking, "well, he obviously died as the result of a fall. Why?" Like you, I can't find a reason for that to have happened. 

Now, I'm off to see if I can replicate this feat and will let you know what happens to me. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

He definitely got pegged with bullet damage prior to falling as his screen is covered with blood.

Outside of master prestiging my airborne class I never really went back to Airborne so I'm not sure of its mechanics as far as there being a "point of no return" that negates the perk or no fall damage. 

JagiMonster

You got hit when jumping down. As your screen already turned red.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

This probably happened behind your back and he hit you.

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut
Highlighted

Or just lag.

Killfeed looked that he was shot.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios