Why do people hate Campers?

World War II General Discussion

Re: Why do people hate Campers?

in reply to qdog1963
I think I'm semi-camper. I enjoy playing sniper a lot and setting up ambushes on the enemy and I think that camping is not equal to camping.
What I mean is that if someone complain that is killed by a guy in a corner than that means that the complainer never heard how soldiers clears room and they're basing their "skill" on being as fast players as they can be, not on being smart one. How one guy can get killed 5 times in a row in same spot by a same guy ? If I'm killed in one spot I'm not going there to get "revenge" kill because I know as soon as I get there I will get killed again. I have to go around or go kill somewhere else and it's called: thinking/strategy/tactic etc.

But yes, I hate some kind of campers. Have you ever played infected in new wwII game ? Infected person in previous games used to have at least throwing knife as a weapon but now 1 men with axe should be able to kill like 12(?) people that camp at one side of map with set up bombs and guns and that's kind of camping I'm hating because it's making game unplayable and it's cutting of the whole fun of it. Also very good example of it is Gustav map where you can jump on tank and you almost immortal from that point.
I also hate people with riot shield and I see them as some kind of camping people because instead going into gunfight they move with hard to take around wall. We must remember that wwII maps are very small and riot shields makes maps like point du hoc kind of frustrating. Like you go tunel in center of it and than bam ! Riot shield guy that can be taken from behind. It's pretty cheap.

So good camping is one of the tactics you can play with almost any match type.
Bad camping is moment when camper or whole team of campers makes game unplayable.
xRichardx92

in reply to xRichardx92

If you need to ask why people hate campers then you have no clue about this game, I'll list some reasons off.

- you're sitting there doing nothing but waiting for a kill shot to come your way

- you're not doing anything for the objectives in the game, therefore you are not really helping the team.

- you may make your pathetic claim its kills for the team, take your sorry pathetic a$$ & play only TDM since the rest of the games are objective games = play the game or leave ! because kills doesnt seal the win in objective games therefore you are not helping the team !

- yes people hate the fact they're playing the game to kill enemies & do the objective for that game, only to be shot by someone just camping waiting for a kill

- though at the same time camping for a short time because waiting for the player that was following you & shooting at you, or a good spot to sit for a short time to see if someone shows up. Both acceptable to me  but would like to throw a random number out there for this.

if you spend more than 1/3 of your time camping to get kills you're a camper ! this should be for those random short sit an wait for them, anyways you're bound to be hiunted out anyways if you're camping so why do it for very long ?

1/3 of your time should be running & gunning

1/3 of your time should be achieving the objectives in the game &/or placing explosives, scorestreaks use, going after enemies supply drops.

xXFATALIIXx

in reply to xXFATALIIXx

Hopefully they are willling to admit it, i've met some people who had a hypocrisy even on split screen days there was always that one person who would make a small speech about not camping then be the first one to do it, but the word gets tossed around so much people probably don't know legit camping unless its one of those old school players from way back, the oldest examplei rember is that guy who'd sit in the corner with a suppressed LSAT with a target finder on it in Black ops 2,but now a days me hanging back when using melee weapons or one of the weaker weapons with a bigger clip is considerd camping

Darkcrescent1212

in reply to Darkcrescent1212

I feel like complaining about campers is somewhat justified, as it makes the game less run-n-gun and more eat-Cheetos-while-prone-in-the-corner. But more often I think it’s a common excuse when someone dies and they feel they need a reason as to why they died.

I don’t know how many times I’ll be moving around the map and get a kill and hear:

”You’re STILL camping??” - even though I was moving through the area for the first time in a few minutes.

”OMG you’re just gonna lay there prone?!” - even though I saw you coming and decided to momentarily stop, go prone, and let you come into the open.

”F###ing camper!!!” - even though I joined the game 30 seconds ago and now have 1 kill, 0 deaths.

Bloodloss 818

in reply to Bloodloss 818

people will get mad at you for anything, my total stealth class makes people mad because they think im cheating somehow for using silenced weapons with the mountain division instead of being a generic sniper , especially when i hang around popular spots on maps to get some combat knife kills

Darkcrescent1212

I agree, ppl are called out as campers regardless of if the are or not. I usually hold my judgement till I moronically get killed by the same guy in the same spot at 3 different times during the match 😁

I remember I had a guy stalk me after game till I blocked him.  I had gotten a text I had to reply to, so stopped right where I was, not even crouching or hiding on Pont du Hoc , when I get done texting I see him walking up to me so I shot him and went about running all over the map...and even though I popped him in every area of the map, standing up...i camped.  I personally think he disliked my affinity towards s-mines on that map...nothing funnier than seeing someone get launched up the stairs into the bunker 😆

Orchamos Andron

in reply to Orchamos Andron

The stairs launch is my 100% favorite thing in this game. I have maybe 20-30 instances of that recorded on my Xbox, with a perfect view from inside the bunker. It’s awesome to hear the mine click, and then turn around to see a corpse flying up the stairs lol. Gonna make a sweet highlight reel when I get around to it.

Bloodloss 818

I would love to see that, tell all those people they are going to jump school, AIRBORNE!!!

Darkcrescent1212

in reply to qdog1963

In real life ant a sniper a camper  and if i don't camp there is no why i can get a kill have to unload a full round to kill some one 

billythekid2018
Highlighted

in reply to billythekid2018

heres a idea since this is a camping issue,  which some idiots have no clue why people shouldn't do it all the time.

Well from now on EVERYONE should just sit back in a corner & camp & wait for the person to come by to kill.

lets see how those games go.

Oh wait, nothing's going to happen, thats right absolutely NOTHING will happen since everyone is a pathetic camper, no one will move.

now tell how fun would that game be ? where everyone just sat in their little MFN corner camping !

no obejectives will be gained, no killing other team since if no one moves the no one will be killed !

10,000X boring !

you want to claim - but you're sniping - BS

yeah sniping is kind of boring if thats all your main objective is to just be a sniper.

if you flip between sniping & SMG or AR then sniping can be fun.

theres few maps in WWII that are a full on sniping map, where you're able to run around just sniping thats it.

well you could but you will be hunted down fast, so your just sniping theroy will be ruined very fast !

xXFATALIIXx

Studios