Why do people hate Campers?

World War II General Discussion

Yeah the game would get pretty boring if everyone had the same play style, got a bunch of people already preaching meta builds so if everyone is using the same guns and same playstyle the game would get boring quickly 

Darkcrescent1212

The game is played by millions because it allows people to play as they wish. When you start paying for my games you can tell me how I am allowed to play. Til then I'll play how I wish. I bet you're the guy sending me hate mail after I win calling me a camper. Fyi.. don't stop. Your tears taste delicious. 

gotsomestars Level 75

Personally I don't care about campers, some people just aren't good at this game and have to adapt any way they can Smiley Happy

But please don't hand out the 'I should be able to play how I like' line, because camping is the ONLY game style that makes others have to play matches differently to how they normally would, thereby negating your claim that everyone should be able to play how they wish.

955i-rider

This is all probably like the "Run N Gunners VS S-Mines" stuff that was popular a couple of months ago, people kept falling for S-mines and didn't wanna adapt or change their approach...Definition of insanity and all 

Darkcrescent1212

@955i-rider wrote:

Personally I don't care about campers, some people just aren't good at this game and have to adapt any way they can Smiley Happy

But please don't hand out the 'I should be able to play how I like' line, because camping is the ONLY game style that makes others have to play matches differently to how they normally would, thereby negating your claim that everyone should be able to play how they wish.

It doesn't make anyone do anything. People CAN choose to adapt to the opposing player or not. Just like any other play style. You counter a camper, you counter a rusher, you counter a head glitches, that's all this game is, countering what the enemy is doing. Your argument has no legs.

Oh and ps. You DO care about campers. Because you've complained about them in past posts AND you took the time to try and throw in a worthless insult into your post.

gotsomestars Level 75

In TDM campers that are on your team also ruin your game. Because while they are busy sitting in the back going 5-2 the enemy team is overrunning you. That is not so bad when there is 1 on your team, but I have been in games with 3-4 on my team and then you're fighting a 2 v 6 battle all of a sudden and you loose complete control over the map.

Guess it depends on game mode though. In Dom or in War where you're defending an object it's more valid.

By camping I mean sitting in the most illogical spot in the map trying to pick off passing through traffic. If youre taking cover behind a wall and defending B flag that is not camping in the same sense IMHO.

BertKK

Sniper rifles,used for sniping. 

verb (used without object), sniped, snip·ing 

to shoot or hunt snipe.

to shoot at individuals as opportunity offers from a concealed or distant position:The enemy was sniping from the roofs.

Camping,a term for people that like to sleep in tents.

noun
the activity of spending a holiday living in a tent.

I hope that clears a few things up.

Deleted User

@gotsomestars what’s head glitching?

mfshro0m

It's a silly term for people taking cover behind something that only allows their head to show. Because the way cod is programmed bullets actually come from the head region. Meaning you can get behind something that's just the right height to where you can shoot but only your head is exposed.  

Hope that made sense. Had a few beers today and I haven't drank in 10 years lol.

gotsomestars Level 75
Ouch, someone gunna have a hangover lol. I hardly drink at all now and when I even have a couple I feel like ***** the next day.
Dante2k Level 72

Studios