Why is Winter Loot still in the Supply Drops?

World War II General Discussion

Re: Why is Winter Loot still in the Supply Drops?

in reply to DiSch

They're giving you longer to get event items. What's the downside?

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

The Downside is..... I ve got everything before the Event ends. Now i want to collect the normal Collections but only get Winter Duplicates...

I pay for the Winter Stuff because of only 4 Week Chance to get it and now i become Duplicates? How long? 1 Year?

This is the Downside...

DiSch

in reply to DiSch

I am pretty sure you cannot get the collection rewards anymore. They never said everything would be locked after. That is over 100 armory items never to be used again if that were the case. You can’t get the winter version of guns and such from the collection tab.

CAPTAIN KEYS

in reply to CAPTAIN KEYS
Yeah I don’t like it, I have got every calling card, almost every emblem and most of the variants of the DLC guns, so all I get are duplicates
TelesticXP

in reply to TelesticXP

It's random. I have hard loot crates with 1-3 winter items.

GodsmacktheOG

in reply to DiSch
I think it's simply a matter of any new items being added into the pool. Allows for more circulation of items. As things are added and special events end, they will still be accessible through random supply drops.

Not really a big deal in my opinion.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

in reply to DiSch

I thought it was odd when I first saw the items in normal drops. I'm just curious if this was their initial intention or decided to continue to offer winter siege items to make up for all the duplicates they gave me/us during the event. Smiley Indifferent

Either way, I'm glad I can still unlock some of that stuff... but over hearing that those collections don't unlock after receiving the required items is crappy. I hope they at least have the collection reward in the drops.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Yesterday got a gewhere variant. 

Well I'm happy. Didn't have much time to play winter siege. But I can still earn everything.

People than through away money on drops.

Well sucks to be you

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

in reply to dtuchpunk

I didn't spend any money on drops I haven't spent a penny on this game or any other game in my life outside of the original cost and the occasional season pass. I'm glad to hear you got lucky and got a variant but that doesn't change the fact that leaving all the winter stuff in regular drops severely decreases the chances of getting any of the original variants. There are already lots of posts on this forum about the crappy drop rates and duplicates. I've never been good at math or statistics but just for hypothetical discussion let's pretend our chances before this to get a variant was say 25% probably a little high but oh well. Now by adding in let's say 700 more available items ie grips, calling cards,and collection stuff and out of that 700 items let's say there are maybe 12 weapon variants and maybe 16 uniforms and the rest is just worthless crap. Just guessing (remember not good at math) this would drop our original 25% rate of say 700 items to probably closer to 10% drop rate of now 1400 items. Obviously all of these numbers are hypothetical guesses they could be higher or lower but the idea is the same. IMHO

kidbaloo

Studios