Will Semi-Autos be Rate Limited?

World War II General Discussion

My favorite part of W@W was using a fast trigger finger to rapid fire the Carbine.

The problem was most people assumed fast trigger fingers were modded controllers, and they bitched enough that succeeding COD titles were all screwed with slow-shooting semi autos.

Will we be able to shoot fast? Shouldn't a trigger finger count for something? No offense to all the fatties with sweaty, dorito-dust covered sausage fingers, but I want to piss bullets son.

Crunk N DaTrunk
3 REPLIES 3

"The problem was most people assumed fast trigger fingers were modded controllers, and they bitched enough that succeeding COD titles were all screwed with slow-shooting semi autos."
^ This isn't totally the truth, you can't just say this without any evidence to support it, there were absolutely people out there modding their controllers to shoot stupidly fast. It didn't just stop at Consoles, I know people on PC that would make their mouse wheel scroll keybound to fire and just scroll their wheel and unload a clip in like .5seconds. very much an exploite.

Something to think about though, when it comes to this gave in particular. WW2 Semi auto rifles didn't really have a large clip size so you would literally be going around with the M1 that only has 8 rounds (pretty sure there will be no like attachment that gives you a bigger clip) it just waste rounds because you fired to quickly. 

Having a limite on the fire rate I think is a good idea, and also these semi autos for the most part are 2 or 3 shot kills anyways, don't need the rate of fire to be high.

St0newa11

We shall see. They might cap them so people with modded controllers or pc scroll button abusers won't have a change. 

Or the firing cap of the real life weapons. 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
Highlighted

The issue with his is that you can set your fire button to your mouse scroll or if you're using a keyboard that has programable keys you can create a key that clicks 100 times in a single half second click. I remember in CoD4 being able to unload an entire clip of the Barrett .50 Cal in a single press of one of my "G" keys, and it fired as fast as the P90.

Subverted

Studios