Will it be like WaW

World War II General Discussion

Well, you will already have the gun game. It comes with all CODs so no change there, but that's all you have all the time. People ask for change, but don't really want change. How do we know vehicles will be the same in every game. COD3's vehicles were different from WAW and I'm sure COD1's vehicles wasn't the same either. It's like a small objective. I will say my opinion may be different since I play WAW multiplayer everyday with 44 players and WAW has bigger maps than those in newer CODs, so vehicles are not an issue whether driving them or taking them out. Depending on the gameplay and players, the tanks can get blown up very quickly or can get a few kills, but I think people only look at it from a "something I have to do" or "X is OP" point of view. With the right class setup, the Fireworks Perk and a satchel charge under the belly of a tank can destroy it. It's really meant for a couple of people to do though, which is easy where I play.

One thing I've noticed from reading some of the other topics out there is a lot of people don't want/like/are not used to teamwork and COD has spawned a bunch of solo players. I can understand how though. I think team gameplay is fast in COD compared to anything else due to the gameplay of COD.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

People will always ask for something,no one can create a game that makes everyone happy.Surely a tank can be easily killed with teamwork,but the hard truth is that teamwork does not exist with randoms.So people will be forced to die multiple times just to kill the tank,with the worst thing being that the tanker doesn't even need to earn it as a killstreak.Hopefully  ranked games will be based on pure gunplay skills and War will be the chaotic all out battle.

_DOMIAS_

@_DOMIAS_ wrote:

People will always ask for something,no one can create a game that makes everyone happy.Surely a tank can be easily killed with teamwork,but the hard truth is that teamwork does not exist with randoms.So people will be forced to die multiple times just to kill the tank,with the worst thing being that the tanker doesn't even need to earn it as a killstreak.Hopefully  ranked games will be based on pure gunplay skills and War will be the chaotic all out battle.

Then maybe people will learn/adapt and revert back to 4 years ago and every cod before, and start using teamwork again. That's what the people who have been playing for a decade have been asking for for the last 3 years.

gotsomestars Level 75

It may happen.But after years of online experiences I've learned to never trust anyone unless I'm playing with my group.War will most likely be the innovative mode,if that's true and the other modes are infantry only everyone should be happy:there will be the tankers happily farming infantry in war and lonewolfs in domination.I quite miss being able to be on my own in a cod,with no one that cares about me and I ignoring everyone,after all those sad games in bf and ow.

_DOMIAS_

Probably not.. unless SledgeHammer wants to shake things up a bit.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Bf1 is what you're searching.And playng It you can see why giving veichles for free is a bad idea:the game become a farm fest for tanks instead of a fps.I hope that they keep them as a kill streak.

_DOMIAS_

It can BUT all you need are plenty of AT weapons. I had no problem taking our tanks in W@W OR CoD3. Never....

Another note: I did notice some of the "gore" on the Normandy section of the trailer. Teh problem is that it seemed like a bunch of cut scene's and no real "game play". Time will tell if they go down that path.

ZvErS

Hopefully not. The game was alright but I'd rather play as an American fighting Germans than as an American fighting Japanese. The Pacific front kinda bores me and Idk, the Russians are little bit too brutal for me lol. I would also like to play as a Brit though.

Stevejan7
Highlighted

As for weapons, uniforms and locations it will be the same.

For vehicles. Maybe transport on big maps with high number of players.

Tanks. A part of me want's them back but mostly no. 

Make the game more gun and skill vs gun and skill.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios