Will it be like WaW

World War II General Discussion

I was wondering if there would be driveable vehicles, that would be awesome

420blazeitmike
18 REPLIES 18

@420blazeitmike wrote:

I was wondering if there would be driveable vehicles, that would be awesome

Wrong game, BF1 is a different forum.

But seriously, in order to have vehicles the maps would have to be huge which would make the action very slow and since advanced movement is likely gone completely, it will already be slow. Don't think vehicles are viable while keeping what they want to sell which is a fast action arcade shooter.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Couldn't you drive tanks on that one map in World at War? It's the one that BO3 did an awful job remaking with the stupid mech suits I think.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75
in reply to Brian25savannah

@Brian25savannah wrote:

Couldn't you drive tanks on that one map in World at War? It's the one that BO3 did an awful job remaking with the stupid mech suits I think.

Yeah, well BO3 is proof on how bad that idea is. WaW never played it so I couldn't tell you but I cant figure out how they could have vehicles and make the game work without it making it painfully slow. I can't imagine the over balance would work either. Who knows though, maybe a new spin would make the game somewhat interesting, not really feeling optimistic on what I have see so far which is very limited so we will see.

MurkBeserk Level 75
in reply to Brian25savannah

There were 4 multi maps in WaW that had tanks... Outskirts, Roundhouse, Seelow, and Downfall. Outskirts was the one that BO3 re-imagined.

I personally enjoyed that map (Rupture) but everyone I play with hated it. Smiley Sad

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Loved roundhouse! That was the map with the catwalks up high, right? Man, good memories of that game.....

ZvErS
I'm for vehicles.

Unless you guys started at COD4, you'd know that COD1 has vehicles through an expansion called United Offensive. COD3 has vehicles such as passenger bikes, jeeps , and tanks. World At War has tanks. Vehicles aren't exclusive to BF. We are still playing Call Of Duty World At War right now and you can see from the vids on our channel. This is today. It's STILL a fast paced arcade shooter with loads of players on the servers. Vehicles ADD to the gameplay. I love the extra, especially with the action amped up.

Now I will say, since this is the General Discussion forum, my experience is a bit different being on PC with dedicated servers and much more than 6 vs 6 going to war. That may play a part in my view of the action. WAW and COD4 are also the last CODs I still play due to that. It's really fun though. We have a great community on WAW today. I wish they would take console gamers to another level in COD and give them that war experience we are having right now.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

In my experience the only addition that veichles give is frustration.The 6v6 gun game is what I love of cod,not tryng to run away or destroy a tank for half a game.You with your gun vs me with my gun:that's a good fps.

_DOMIAS_

Don't knock it ' till you try it ! Obviously you haven't played WAW, the tanks were fun but also very easy to take out with satchel charges or bazooka's.

The game was/is fast Paced but not hectic like the last two installments, Imo it was a lot more intense and getting kills as well as keeping yourself alive whilst pto was and should be what cods about not twitching buttons and paddles flying around the maps at ridiculous speed with endless sprint.

I  stopped playing cod because it became too fast and twichy, arena based with no atmosphere,

I did give it a go though  instead of ranting I played something else.

MrPeevsley

If the tanks are earned with killstreaks is fine for me.But If they are given since the start,that would only annoy infantry players,forcing them to destroy the armor rather than shooting the enemy.

_DOMIAS_

Studios