YouTube Burns Me Out

World War II General Discussion

Am I the only one who feels like YouTube takes a lot of the thrill away from a new CoD before it gets released? 

mygamertagsucks Level 75
10 REPLIES 10
What do you mean? Can you elaborate a bit?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Sorry for the late reply. I'm trying to choose my words carefully to explain what I mean.

Every year, I look forward to the newest CoD release. Even if the current game is great, I still find myself getting hyped for something new. While YouTube has proven to be a great way to market CoD, it also seems a little force fed at times. Part of this is probably my age. I remember when I was younger, the only place you got information about a new game was through magazines. There would be the occasional early review, but those were few, and far between. The mags almost seemed like teasers for a new game.

Now, I feel like I've seen everything in the game before the game even launches. Everybody knows how to play the game, it seems, before it's officially released. The easy solution would be to simply not view the Youtube videos, but I'm too curious to not watch. 

I still can't find the right words. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I look at it this way... 

I choose my YouTubers carefully. I watch PrestigeisKey, Drift0r, Xclusive Ace... guys who are more informative than anything else. They usually don't speculate or chase wild rumors. 

But also, a good way to look at it is until the game is released, we haven't seen everything. We will all be able to play the Beta, and until the game releases we won't have all the info. So when stuff is released now, I don't feel burned out on it. 

When I feel overwhelmed... I just don't watch. 

I think the lack of info is frustrating. I know they are dragging it out, but just freakin' tell us so we have something to look forward to.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75
I look at it this way...

I choose my YouTubers carefully. I watch PrestigeisKey, Drift0r, Xclusive Ace... guys who are more informative than anything else. They usually don't speculate or chase wild rumors.

But also, a good way to look at it is until the game is released, we haven't seen everything. We will all be able to play the Beta, and until the game releases we won't have all the info. So when stuff is released now, I don't feel burned out on it.

When I feel overwhelmed... I just don't watch.

I think the lack of info is frustrating. I know they are dragging it out, but just freakin' tell us so we have something to look forward to.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

So stop watching cod video's on yt

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

That is the easiest answer, and I agree. However, my curiosity prevents me from ignoring the videos. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Haha. Than just keep an eye out on sledgehammer games videos. Or only look after a big event or when info is released. To much speculation now.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@mygamertagsucks wrote:

Am I the only one who feels like YouTube takes a lot of the thrill away from a new CoD before it gets released? 

My only issue with the info thus far is sorting out the info teased with false info for sake of hyping the game. For example, the whole idea there would be 24 x 24 players or how there was no class system but it was basically just tweaked with a new name. The effort by them to make this game feel like it is innovative and different vs past CODS when it is bascially just a reskin. The onl y pieice of information that has been dropped that seems to have any level of major change so far is the 60hz/60hz tick rate, the rest, is just exaggerated hype over nothing new.

I kind of expected this on the original reveal when the only info they delivered was headquarters and new game mode and the overuse of the word camaraderie. Youtube now is just me seeing if my original expectation of this game is wrong, so far, I have been correct aside from the 60/60 which might just be enough for me to buy it to see if that makes the game playable more often than not, unlike IW.

MurkBeserk Level 75

I like to watch my pro/Quickscoper channels and learn new things before the game comes out. I tend to pick up on what others can do fairly easily, so that is what i enjoy. Honestly my hype cannot be taken away at this point. I am just incredibly happy to see snipers aren't completely useless and no more Garbage Advanced movment like IW/Bo3/AW. I am hoping and pretty certain that WW2 will be a game me and the rest of my friends list can actually play all year round. Unlike IW where everyone quit playing it like within the first month and moved to MWR than quit that too. Not to mention I don't have to sink a bunch of cash into the Loot creates to get a new weapon. So many positive things with this call of duty. Something to keep in mind is that there is always Hype about call of duty... No matter what unforunately even IW had hype regardless of the amount of hate it got. But with WW2 its Hype and positivity, the pros not long ago got invited out to test and play out the game and they gave the thumbs up. So that got me even more hyped.

I am just a big fan of old school boots on the ground gameplay, along with the new "perk" system seems like a nice change up rather than the very limiting and boring Pick 13 or 10 whatever it is now. So really if anything man, find some really good players who have WW2 gameplay on their channel and learn rather than just watch. I easily clocked over 30hours of watching pros play Overwatch while it was in Private beta for months and I would say that is why I had a big advantage over others. 

St0newa11

Studios